Investigation on combustion performance and emission characteristics of a DI (direct injection) diesel engine fueled with biogas–diesel in dual fuel mode
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Papagiannakis, R.G. & Kotsiopoulos, P.N. & Zannis, T.C. & Yfantis, E.A. & Hountalas, D.T. & Rakopoulos, C.D., 2010. "Theoretical study of the effects of engine parameters on performance and emissions of a pilot ignited natural gas diesel engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1129-1138.
- Asam, Zaki-ul-Zaman & Poulsen, Tjalfe Gorm & Nizami, Abdul-Sattar & Rafique, Rashad & Kiely, Ger & Murphy, Jerry D., 2011. "How can we improve biomethane production per unit of feedstock in biogas plants?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(6), pages 2013-2018, June.
- Saravanan, S. & Nagarajan, G. & Anand, S. & Sampath, S., 2012. "Correlation for thermal NOx formation in compression ignition (CI) engine fuelled with diesel and biodiesel," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 401-410.
- Chandra, R. & Vijay, V.K. & Subbarao, P.M.V. & Khura, T.K., 2011. "Performance evaluation of a constant speed IC engine on CNG, methane enriched biogas and biogas," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 3969-3977.
- Lakshmanan, T. & Nagarajan, G., 2010. "Experimental investigation of timed manifold injection of acetylene in direct injection diesel engine in dual fuel mode," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 3172-3178.
- Cheenkachorn, Kraipat & Poompipatpong, Chedthawut & Ho, Choi Gyeung, 2013. "Performance and emissions of a heavy-duty diesel engine fuelled with diesel and LNG (liquid natural gas)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 52-57.
- Lounici, Mohand Said & Loubar, Khaled & Tarabet, Lyes & Balistrou, Mourad & Niculescu, Dan-Catalin & Tazerout, Mohand, 2014. "Towards improvement of natural gas-diesel dual fuel mode: An experimental investigation on performance and exhaust emissions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 200-211.
- Prakash, R. & Singh, R.K. & Murugan, S., 2013. "Experimental investigation on a diesel engine fueled with bio-oil derived from waste wood–biodiesel emulsions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 610-618.
- Tira, H.S. & Herreros, J.M. & Tsolakis, A. & Wyszynski, M.L., 2012. "Characteristics of LPG-diesel dual fuelled engine operated with rapeseed methyl ester and gas-to-liquid diesel fuels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 620-629.
- Paul, Abhishek & Bose, Probir Kumar & Panua, Raj Sekhar & Banerjee, Rahul, 2013. "An experimental investigation of performance-emission trade off of a CI engine fueled by diesel–compressed natural gas (CNG) combination and diesel–ethanol blends with CNG enrichment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 787-802.
- Chandra, R. & Takeuchi, H. & Hasegawa, T. & Kumar, R., 2012. "Improving biodegradability and biogas production of wheat straw substrates using sodium hydroxide and hydrothermal pretreatments," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 273-282.
- Chandra, R. & Vijay, V.K. & Subbarao, P.M.V. & Khura, T.K., 2012. "Production of methane from anaerobic digestion of jatropha and pongamia oil cakes," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 148-159.
- Wu, Horng-Wen & Wang, Ren-Hung & Chen, Ying-Chuan & Ou, Dung-Je & Chen, Teng-Yu, 2014. "Influence of port-inducted ethanol or gasoline on combustion and emission of a closed cycle diesel engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 259-267.
- Subramanian, K.A. & Mathad, Vinaya C. & Vijay, V.K. & Subbarao, P.M.V., 2013. "Comparative evaluation of emission and fuel economy of an automotive spark ignition vehicle fuelled with methane enriched biogas and CNG using chassis dynamometer," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 17-29.
- Paul, Abhishek & Panua, Raj Sekhar & Debroy, Durbadal & Bose, Probir Kumar, 2014. "Effect of compressed natural gas dual fuel operation with diesel and Pongamia pinnata methyl ester (PPME) as pilot fuels on performance and emission characteristics of a CI (compression ignition) engi," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 495-509.
- Jingura, Raphael M. & Matengaifa, Rutendo, 2009. "Optimization of biogas production by anaerobic digestion for sustainable energy development in Zimbabwe," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 1116-1120, June.
- Abdelaal, Mohsen M. & Rabee, Basem A. & Hegab, Abdelrahman H., 2013. "Effect of adding oxygen to the intake air on a dual-fuel engine performance, emissions, and knock tendency," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 612-620.
- Karthikeyan, R. & Mahalakshmi, N.V., 2007. "Performance and emission characteristics of a turpentine–diesel dual fuel engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1202-1209.
- Muralidharan, K. & Vasudevan, D. & Sheeba, K.N., 2011. "Performance, emission and combustion characteristics of biodiesel fuelled variable compression ratio engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 5385-5393.
- Park, Su Han & Yoon, Seung Hyun & Cha, Junepyo & Lee, Chang Sik, 2014. "Mixing effects of biogas and dimethyl ether (DME) on combustion and emission characteristics of DME fueled high-speed diesel engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 413-422.
- Carlucci, A.P. & de Risi, A. & Laforgia, D. & Naccarato, F., 2008. "Experimental investigation and combustion analysis of a direct injection dual-fuel diesel–natural gas engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 256-263.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bora, Bhaskor J. & Saha, Ujjwal K., 2016. "Experimental evaluation of a rice bran biodiesel – biogas run dual fuel diesel engine at varying compression ratios," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(P1), pages 782-790.
- Kozarac, Darko & Taritas, Ivan & Vuilleumier, David & Saxena, Samveg & Dibble, Robert W., 2016. "Experimental and numerical analysis of the performance and exhaust gas emissions of a biogas/n-heptane fueled HCCI engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P1), pages 180-193.
- Colmenar-Santos, Antonio & Zarzuelo-Puch, Gloria & Borge-Diez, David & García-Diéguez, Concepción, 2016. "Thermodynamic and exergoeconomic analysis of energy recovery system of biogas from a wastewater treatment plant and use in a Stirling engine," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 171-184.
- Chintala, V. & Subramanian, K.A., 2015. "Experimental investigations on effect of different compression ratios on enhancement of maximum hydrogen energy share in a compression ignition engine under dual-fuel mode," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 448-462.
- Bora, Bhaskor J. & Saha, Ujjwal K., 2015. "Comparative assessment of a biogas run dual fuel diesel engine with rice bran oil methyl ester, pongamia oil methyl ester and palm oil methyl ester as pilot fuels," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 490-498.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:3333-3349 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hernández, J.J. & Lapuerta, M. & Barba, J., 2015. "Effect of partial replacement of diesel or biodiesel with gas from biomass gasification in a diesel engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 148-157.
- Talibi, Midhat & Hellier, Paul & Ladommatos, Nicos, 2017. "Combustion and exhaust emission characteristics, and in-cylinder gas composition, of hydrogen enriched biogas mixtures in a diesel engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 397-412.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:81:y:2018:i:p1:p:45-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:1819-1828 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wei, Lijiang & Yao, Chunde & Han, Guopeng & Pan, Wang, 2016. "Effects of methanol to diesel ratio and diesel injection timing on combustion, performance and emissions of a methanol port premixed diesel engine," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 223-232.
- Budzianowski, Wojciech M., 2016. "A review of potential innovations for production, conditioning and utilization of biogas with multiple-criteria assessment," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1148-1171.
- Wang, Ying & Liu, Hong & Huang, Zhiyong & Liu, Zhensheng, 2016. "Study on combustion and emission of a dimethyl ether-diesel dual-fuel premixed charge compression ignition combustion engine with LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) as ignition inhibitor," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 278-285.
- Barik, Debabrata & Murugan, S. & Sivaram, N.M. & Baburaj, E. & Shanmuga Sundaram, P., 2017. "Experimental investigation on the behavior of a direct injection diesel engine fueled with Karanja methyl ester-biogas dual fuel at different injection timings," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 127-138.
More about this item
KeywordsBiogas; Biomass; CI engine; Dual fuel; Renewable gaseous fuel;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:72:y:2014:i:c:p:760-771. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.