Hydrogen production from biomass gasification in the oil refining industry – A system analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kumar, A. & Gautami, G. & Khanam, S., 2010. "Hydrogen distribution in the refinery using mathematical modeling," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3763-3772.
- Pettersson, Karin & Harvey, Simon, 2010. "CO2 emission balances for different black liquor gasification biorefinery concepts for production of electricity or second-generation liquid biofuels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1101-1106.
- Andersson, E. & Harvey, S., 2006. "System analysis of hydrogen production from gasified black liquor," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 3426-3434.
- Wetterlund, Elisabeth & Pettersson, Karin & Harvey, Simon, 2011. "Systems analysis of integrating biomass gasification with pulp and paper production – Effects on economic performance, CO2 emissions and energy use," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 932-941.
- Jia, Nan & Zhang, Nan, 2011. "Multi-component optimisation for refinery hydrogen networks," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 4663-4670.
- Domenichini, R. & Gallio, M. & Lazzaretto, A., 2010. "Combined production of hydrogen and power from heavy oil gasification: Pinch analysis, thermodynamic and economic evaluations," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2184-2193.
- Andersson, E. & Harvey, S., 2007. "Comparison of pulp-mill-integrated hydrogen production from gasified black liquor with stand-alone production from gasified biomass," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 399-405.
- Szklo, Alexandre & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2007. "Fuel specification, energy consumption and CO2 emission in oil refineries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1075-1092.
- Axelsson, E. & Harvey, S. & Berntsson, T., 2009. "A tool for creating energy market scenarios for evaluation of investments in energy intensive industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2069-2074.
- Andersson, Eva & Harvey, Simon & Berntsson, Thore, 2006. "Energy efficient upgrading of biofuel integrated with a pulp mill," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1384-1394.
- Uslu, Ayla & Faaij, André P.C. & Bergman, P.C.A., 2008. "Pre-treatment technologies, and their effect on international bioenergy supply chain logistics. Techno-economic evaluation of torrefaction, fast pyrolysis and pelletisation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1206-1223.
- Sarkar, Susanjib & Kumar, Amit, 2010. "Biohydrogen production from forest and agricultural residues for upgrading of bitumen from oil sands," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 582-591.
- Hamelinck, Carlo N. & Faaij, André P.C. & den Uil, Herman & Boerrigter, Harold, 2004. "Production of FT transportation fuels from biomass; technical options, process analysis and optimisation, and development potential," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1743-1771.
- Fahlén, E. & Ahlgren, E.O., 2009. "Assessment of integration of different biomass gasification alternatives in a district-heating system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2184-2195.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holmgren, Kristina M. & Andersson, Eva & Berntsson, Thore & Rydberg, Tomas, 2014. "Gasification-based methanol production from biomass in industrial clusters: Characterisation of energy balances and greenhouse gas emissions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 622-637.
- Caumon, Pauline & Lopez-Botet Zulueta, Miguel & Louyrette, Jérémy & Albou, Sandrine & Bourasseau, Cyril & Mansilla, Christine, 2015. "Flexible hydrogen production implementation in the French power system: Expected impacts at the French and European levels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 556-562.
- Johansson, Maria T., 2013. "Bio-synthetic natural gas as fuel in steel industry reheating furnaces – A case study of economic performance and effects on global CO2 emissions," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 699-708.
- Olateju, Babatunde & Monds, Joshua & Kumar, Amit, 2014. "Large scale hydrogen production from wind energy for the upgrading of bitumen from oil sands," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 48-56.
- Rahil, Abdulla & Gammon, Rupert & Brown, Neil, 2018. "Flexible operation of electrolyser at the garage forecourt to support grid balancing and exploitation of hydrogen as a clean fuel," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 125-138.
- Abánades, A. & Rubbia, C. & Salmieri, D., 2012. "Technological challenges for industrial development of hydrogen production based on methane cracking," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 359-363.
- Yang, Weijuan & Zhang, Tianyou & Liu, Jianzhong & Wang, Zhihua & Zhou, Junhu & Cen, Kefa, 2015. "Experimental researches on hydrogen generation by aluminum with adding lithium at high temperature," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P1), pages 451-457.
- Abdulla Rahil & Rupert Gammon, 2017. "Dispatchable Hydrogen Production at the Forecourt for Electricity Demand Shaping," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(10), pages 1-22, October.
- Olateju, Babatunde & Kumar, Amit, 2016. "A techno-economic assessment of hydrogen production from hydropower in Western Canada for the upgrading of bitumen from oil sands," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P1), pages 604-614.
- Chutichai, Bhawasut & Patcharavorachot, Yaneeporn & Assabumrungrat, Suttichai & Arpornwichanop, Amornchai, 2015. "Parametric analysis of a circulating fluidized bed biomass gasifier for hydrogen production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 406-413.
- Ozalp, Nesrin & Ibrik, Karim & Al-Meer, Mariam, 2013. "Kinetics and heat transfer analysis of carbon catalyzed solar cracking process," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 74-81.
- Liszka, Marcin & Malik, Tomasz & Manfrida, Giampaolo, 2012. "Energy and exergy analysis of hydrogen-oriented coal gasification with CO2 capture," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 142-150.
- Mansilla, C. & Louyrette, J. & Albou, S. & Bourasseau, C. & Dautremont, S., 2013. "Economic competitiveness of off-peak hydrogen production today – A European comparison," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 996-1001.
- Lin, Kuang C. & Lin, Yuan-Chung & Hsiao, Yi-Hsing, 2014. "Microwave plasma studies of Spirulina algae pyrolysis with relevance to hydrogen production," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 567-574.
- Nimana, Balwinder & Canter, Christina & Kumar, Amit, 2015. "Life cycle assessment of greenhouse gas emissions from Canada's oil sands-derived transportation fuels," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 544-554.
- Lee, Minji & Cho, Seolhee & Kim, Jiyong, 2017. "A comprehensive model for design and analysis of bioethanol production and supply strategies from lignocellulosic biomass," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 247-259.
More about this item
KeywordsBiomass gasification; CO2 emissions; Oil refinery; Hydrogen production; Energy market scenarios;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:38:y:2012:i:1:p:212-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.