Is investing in an electric car worthwhile from a consumers' perspective?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Crist, 2012. "Electric Vehicles Revisited: Costs, Subsidies and Prospects," International Transport Forum Discussion Papers 2012/3, OECD Publishing.
- Lund, Henrik & Kempton, Willett, 2008. "Integration of renewable energy into the transport and electricity sectors through V2G," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3578-3587, September.
- Fulton, Lew & Cazzola, Pierpaolo & Cuenot, François, 2009. "IEA Mobility Model (MoMo) and its use in the ETP 2008," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 3758-3768, October.
- Alessandro Clerici & Bruno Cova & Gabriele Callegari, 2015. "Decarbonization of the Electrical Power Sector in Europe: An Asset, An Opportunity or a Problem?," Energy & Environment, , vol. 26(1-2), pages 127-142, January.
- Wang, Dawei & Zamel, Nada & Jiao, Kui & Zhou, Yibo & Yu, Shuhai & Du, Qing & Yin, Yan, 2013. "Life cycle analysis of internal combustion engine, electric and fuel cell vehicles for China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 402-412.
- Nunes, Pedro & Farias, Tiago & Brito, Miguel C., 2015. "Day charging electric vehicles with excess solar electricity for a sustainable energy system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 263-274.
- Axsen, Jonn & Burke, Andy & Kurani, Kenneth S, 2010. "Are Batteries Ready for Plug-in Hybrid Buyers?," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt7vh184rw, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Wu, Geng & Inderbitzin, Alessandro & Bening, Catharina, 2015. "Total cost of ownership of electric vehicles compared to conventional vehicles: A probabilistic analysis and projection across market segments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 196-214.
- Seixas, J. & Simões, S. & Dias, L. & Kanudia, A. & Fortes, P. & Gargiulo, M., 2015. "Assessing the cost-effectiveness of electric vehicles in European countries using integrated modeling," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 165-176.
- Liu, Wen & Hu, Weihao & Lund, Henrik & Chen, Zhe, 2013. "Electric vehicles and large-scale integration of wind power – The case of Inner Mongolia in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 445-456.
- Smith, William J., 2010. "Can EV (electric vehicles) address Ireland’s CO2 emissions from transport?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 4514-4521.
- Israel García & Luis Javier Miguel, 2012. "Is the Electric Vehicle an Attractive Option for Customers?," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Werber, Mathew & Fischer, Michael & Schwartz, Peter V., 2009. "Batteries: Lower cost than gasoline?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2465-2468, July.
- Axsen, Jonn & Kurani, Kenneth S. & Burke, Andrew, 2010. "Are batteries ready for plug-in hybrid buyers?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 173-182, May.
- Trevor Morgan, 2012. "Smart Grids and Electric Vehicles: Made for Each Other?," International Transport Forum Discussion Papers 2012/2, OECD Publishing.
- Sánchez-Braza, Antonio & Cansino, José M. & Lerma, Enrique, 2014. "Main drivers for local tax incentives to promote electric vehicles: The Spanish case," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 1-9.
- Dallinger, David & Gerda, Schubert & Wietschel, Martin, 2013. "Integration of intermittent renewable power supply using grid-connected vehicles – A 2030 case study for California and Germany," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 666-682.
- Dumortier, Jerome & Siddiki, Saba & Carley, Sanya & Cisney, Joshua & Krause, Rachel M. & Lane, Bradley W. & Rupp, John A. & Graham, John D., 2015. "Effects of providing total cost of ownership information on consumers’ intent to purchase a hybrid or plug-in electric vehicle," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 71-86.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:10:p:1604-:d:114884 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:energy:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:312-321 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsElectric vehicle; Cost appraisal; Risk analysis; Car market segment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:energy:v:115:y:2016:i:p2:p:1459-1477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.