Collateral effects of liberalisation: Metering, losses, load profiles and cost settlement in Spain’s electricity system
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Joan Batalla-Bejerano & Maria Teresa Costa-Campi & Elisa Trujillo-Baute, 2015. "Unexpected consequences of liberalisation: metering, losses, load profiles and cost settlement in Spain’s electricity system," Working Papers 2015/16, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
References listed on IDEAS
- Holttinen, H., 2005. "Optimal electricity market for wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2052-2063, November.
- Haas, Reinhard & Lettner, Georg & Auer, Hans & Duic, Neven, 2013. "The looming revolution: How photovoltaics will change electricity markets in Europe fundamentally," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 38-43.
- Glachant, Jean-Michel & Finon, Dominique, 2010. "Large-scale wind power in electricity markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6384-6386, October.
- Cancelo, José Ramón & Espasa, Antoni & Grafe, Rosmarie, 2008. "Forecasting the electricity load from one day to one week ahead for the Spanish system operator," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 588-602.
- Vandezande, Leen & Meeus, Leonardo & Belmans, Ronnie & Saguan, Marcelo & Glachant, Jean-Michel, 2010. "Well-functioning balancing markets: A prerequisite for wind power integration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 3146-3154, July.
- Weber, Sylvain, 2010.
"bacon: An effective way to detect outliers in multivariate data using Stata (and Mata),"
StataCorp LP, vol. 10(3), pages 1-8.
- Sylvain Weber, 2010. "bacon: An effective way to detect outliers in multivariate data using Stata (and Mata)," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(3), pages 331-338, September.
- Ramanathan, Ramu & Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive W. J. & Vahid-Araghi, Farshid & Brace, Casey, 1997. "Shorte-run forecasts of electricity loads and peaks," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 161-174, June.
- Joan Batalla-Bejerano & Elisa Trujillo-Baute, 2015. "Analysing the sensitivity of electricity system operational costs to deviations in supply and demand," Working Papers 2015/8, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Hirth, Lion & Ueckerdt, Falko & Edenhofer, Ottmar, 2015. "Integration costs revisited – An economic framework for wind and solar variability," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 925-939.
- Soares, Lacir J. & Medeiros, Marcelo C., 2008. "Modeling and forecasting short-term electricity load: A comparison of methods with an application to Brazilian data," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 630-644.
- Bueno-Lorenzo, Miriam & Moreno, M. Ángeles & Usaola, Julio, 2013. "Analysis of the imbalance price scheme in the Spanish electricity market: A wind power test case," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1010-1019.
- Hirth, Lion & Ziegenhagen, Inka, 2015. "Balancing power and variable renewables: Three links," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 1035-1051.
- Billor, Nedret & Hadi, Ali S. & Velleman, Paul F., 2000. "BACON: blocked adaptive computationally efficient outlier nominators," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 279-298, September.
- Ignacio J. Perez-Arriaga & Carlos Batlle, 2012. "Impacts of Intermittent Renewables on Electricity Generation System Operation," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Taylor, James W. & de Menezes, Lilian M. & McSharry, Patrick E., 2006. "A comparison of univariate methods for forecasting electricity demand up to a day ahead," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 1-16.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaller, Alexander & Bielen, Samantha & Marneffe, Wim, 2018. "The impact of regulatory quality and corruption on residential electricity prices in the context of electricity market reforms," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 514-524.
- Gianfreda, Angelica & Parisio, Lucia & Pelagatti, Matteo, 2018.
"A review of balancing costs in Italy before and after RES introduction,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 549-563.
- Angelica Gianfreda & Lucia Parisio & Matteo Pelagatti, 2018. "A Review of Balancing Costs in Italy before and after RES introduction," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS45, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
- Antonelli, Marco & Desideri, Umberto & Franco, Alessandro, 2018. "Effects of large scale penetration of renewables: The Italian case in the years 2008–2015," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P2), pages 3090-3100.
More about this item
KeywordsElectricity market design; Balancing services; Electricity market balance; Liberalisation; Natural experiment;
- D47 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Market Design
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
- Q47 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy Forecasting
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:94:y:2016:i:c:p:421-431. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.