Socio-technical inertia: Understanding the barriers to electric vehicles
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bruckner, E & Ebeling, W & Jimenez Montano, M.A. & Scharnhorst, A., 1996. "Nonlinear Stochastic Effects of Substitution--An Evolutionary Approach," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Rennings, Klaus & Beise, Marian, 2003. "Lead Markets of Environmental Innovations: A Framework for Innovation and Environmental Economics," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-01, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2009.
"Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1145-1177, September.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2007. "Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 13330, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Looney, Adam & Kroft, Kory & Chetty, Raj, 2009. "Salience and Taxation: Theory and Evidence," Scholarly Articles 9748525, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney & Kory Kroft, 2009. "Salience and taxation: theory and evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-11, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paul Windrum & Chris Birchenhall, 2005.
"Structural change in the presence of network externalities: a co-evolutionary model of technological successions,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 123-148, January.
- Windrum, Paul & Birchenhall, Chris, 2004. "Structural change in the presence of network externalities: a co-evolutionary model of technological successions," Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Peter Wells, 2012. "Converging transport policy, industrial policy and environmental policy: The implications for localities and social equity," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 27(7), pages 749-763, November.
- Levinthal, Daniel A, 1998. "The Slow Pace of Rapid Technological Change: Gradualism and Punctuation in Technological Change," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(2), pages 217-247, June.
- Beise, Marian & Rennings, Klaus, 2005. "Lead markets and regulation: a framework for analyzing the international diffusion of environmental innovations," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Jorgensen, K., 2008. "Technologies for electric, hybrid and hydrogen vehicles: Electricity from renewable energy sources in transport," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 72-79, June.
- Jonard, N. & Yfldizoglu, M., 1998.
"Technological diversity in an evolutionary industry model with localized learning and network externalities,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 35-53, March.
- Nicolas Jonard & Murat Yildizoglu, "undated". "Technological Diversity in an Evolutionary Industry Model with Localized Learning and Network Externalities," Computing in Economics and Finance 1997 13, Society for Computational Economics.
- van den Bergh, J.C.J.M. & van Leeuwen, E.S. & Oosterhuis, F.H. & Rietveld, P. & Verhoef, E.T., 2007. "Social learning by doing in sustainable transport innovations: Ex-post analysis of common factors behind successes and failures," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 247-259, March.
- Jean-Michel Dalle, 1997. "Heterogeneity vs. externalities in technological competition: A tale of possible technological landscapes," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 395-413.
- Franco Malerba & Richard Nelson & Luigi Orsenigo & Sidney Winter, 2007.
"Demand, innovation, and the dynamics of market structure: The role of experimental users and diverse preferences,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 371-399, August.
- Franco Malerba & Richard Nelson & Luigi Orsenigo, 2003. "Demand, innovation and the dynamics of market structure: the role of experimental users and diverse preferences," KITeS Working Papers 135, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2003.
- Antonio M. Bento & Lawrence H. Goulder & Mark R. Jacobsen & Roger H. von Haefen, 2009.
"Distributional and Efficiency Impacts of Increased US Gasoline Taxes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 667-699, June.
- Bento, Antonio M. & Goulder, Lawrence H. & Jacobsen, Mark R. & von Haefen, Roger H., 2007. "Distributional and Efficiency Impacts of Increased U.S. Gasoline Taxes," Working Papers 127021, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Thomas Klier & Joshua Linn, 2010. "The Price of Gasoline and New Vehicle Fuel Economy: Evidence from Monthly Sales Data," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 134-153, August.
- John G. Fernald, 1999.
"Roads to Prosperity? Assessing the Link between Public Capital and Productivity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 619-638, June.
- John G. Fernald, 1997. "Roads to prosperity? assessing the link between public capital and productivity," International Finance Discussion Papers 592, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Beise, Marian & Cleff, Thomas, 2004. "Assessing the lead market potential of countries for innovation projects," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 453-477.
- Spiros Bougheas & Panicos O. Demetriades & Theofanis P. Mamuneas, 2000.
"Infrastructure, specialization, and economic growth,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(2), pages 506-522, May.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Spiros Bougheas, 1995. "Infrastructure, Specialisation and Economic Growth," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 95/15, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- James M. Sallee, 2011. "The Surprising Incidence of Tax Credits for the Toyota Prius," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 189-219, May.
- Kley, Fabian & Lerch, Christian & Dallinger, David, 2011. "New business models for electric cars--A holistic approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3392-3403, June.
- Turnheim, Bruno & Geels, Frank W., 2012. "Regime destabilisation as the flipside of energy transitions: Lessons from the history of the British coal industry (1913–1997)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 35-49.
- Geels, Frank W., 2002. "Technological transitions as evolutionary reconfiguration processes: a multi-level perspective and a case-study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1257-1274, December.
- Fred D. Davis & Richard P. Bagozzi & Paul R. Warshaw, 1989. "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 982-1003, August.
- Itf, 2010. "Transport Outlook 2010: The Potential for Innovation," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2010/15, OECD Publishing.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- van Eijck, Janske & Romijn, Henny, 2008. "Prospects for Jatropha biofuels in Tanzania: An analysis with Strategic Niche Management," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 311-325, January.
- Amy Finkelstein, 2009. "E-ztax: Tax Salience and Tax Rates," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 969-1010.
- Raven, Rob P.J.M., 2006. "Towards alternative trajectories? Reconfigurations in the Dutch electricity regime," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 581-595, May.
- van der Laak, W.W.M. & Raven, R.P.J.M. & Verbong, G.P.J., 2007. "Strategic niche management for biofuels: Analysing past experiments for developing new biofuel policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3213-3225, June.
- Giordano, Vincenzo & Fulli, Gianluca, 2012. "A business case for Smart Grid technologies: A systemic perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 252-259.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:146:y:2018:i:c:p:290-303 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:115:y:2018:i:c:p:54-65 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:142:d:63338 is not listed on IDEAS
- Niesten, Eva & Alkemade, Floortje, 2016. "How is value created and captured in smart grids? A review of the literature and an analysis of pilot projects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 629-638.
- Larson, Paul D. & Viáfara, Jairo & Parsons, Robert V. & Elias, Arne, 2014. "Consumer attitudes about electric cars: Pricing analysis and policy implications," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 299-314.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:4:p:522-:d:94495 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:10:y:2017:i:11:p:1707-:d:116477 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:transa:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:320-332 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:123:y:2017:i:c:p:17-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ajanovic, Amela & Haas, Reinhard, 2016. "Dissemination of electric vehicles in urban areas: Major factors for success," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 115(P2), pages 1451-1458.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:534-547 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:474-486 is not listed on IDEAS
- Berggren, Christian & Magnusson, Thomas & Sushandoyo, Dedy, 2015. "Transition pathways revisited: Established firms as multi-level actors in the heavy vehicle industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 1017-1028.
- Bucher, R. & Jeffrey, H. & Bryden, I.G. & Harrison, G.P., 2016. "Creation of investor confidence: The top-level drivers for reaching maturity in marine energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 120-129.
- Papachristos, George, 2017. "Diversity in technology competition: The link between platforms and sociotechnical transitions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 291-306.
- repec:eee:retrec:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:46-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Skeete, Jean-Paul, 2017. "Examining the role of policy design and policy interaction in EU automotive emissions performance gaps," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 373-381.
- Wells, Peter & Lin, Xiao, 2015. "Spontaneous emergence versus technology management in sustainable mobility transitions: Electric bicycles in China," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 371-383.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:3:p:662-:d:134182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthews, Lindsay & Lynes, Jennifer & Riemer, Manuel & Del Matto, Tania & Cloet, Nicholas, 2017. "Do we have a car for you? Encouraging the uptake of electric vehicles at point of sale," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 79-88.
- Yixi Xue & Jianxin You & Xingkun Liang & Hu-Chen Liu, 2016. "Adopting Strategic Niche Management to Evaluate EV Demonstration Projects in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-20, February.
- repec:eee:touman:v:64:y:2018:i:c:p:129-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin K. Sovacool, 2016. "The history and politics of energy transitions Comparing contested views and finding common ground," WIDER Working Paper Series 081, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsElectric vehicles; Transitions management; Socio-technical systems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:60:y:2013:i:c:p:531-539. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.