Energy security and renewable electricity trade--Will Desertec make Europe vulnerable to the "energy weapon"?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Adamson, David M., 1985. "Soviet gas and European security," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 13-26, February.
- Stirling, Andrew, 1994. "Diversity and ignorance in electricity supply investment : Addressing the solution rather than the problem," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 195-216, March.
- Frondel, Manuel & Ritter, Nolan & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2009. "Measuring Energy Supply Risks: A G7 Ranking," Ruhr Economic Papers 104, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Willis, K. G. & Garrod, G. D., 1997. "Electricity supply reliability : Estimating the value of lost load," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 97-103, January.
- Caporaso, James A., 1978. "Dependence, dependency, and power in the global system: a structural and behavioral analysis," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 13-43, December.
- Williges, Keith & Lilliestam, Johan & Patt, Anthony, 2010. "Making concentrated solar power competitive with coal: The costs of a European feed-in tariff," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(6), pages 3089-3097, June.
- Stirling, Andy, 2010. "Multicriteria diversity analysis: A novel heuristic framework for appraising energy portfolios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1622-1634, April.
- Lefèvre, Nicolas, 2010. "Measuring the energy security implications of fossil fuel resource concentration," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1635-1644, April.
- Lijesen, Mark G., 2007. "The real-time price elasticity of electricity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 249-258, March.
- de Nooij, Michiel & Koopmans, Carl & Bijvoet, Carlijn, 2007. "The value of supply security: The costs of power interruptions: Economic input for damage reduction and investment in networks," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 277-295, March.
- Bielecki, J., 2002. "Energy security: is the wolf at the door?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 235-250.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Van de Graaf, Thijs & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2014. "Thinking big: Politics, progress, and security in the management of Asian and European energy megaprojects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 16-27.
- Kiriyama, Eriko & Kajikawa, Yuya, 2014. "A multilayered analysis of energy security research and the energy supply process," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 415-423.
- Choi, Hyundo & Anadón, Laura Díaz, 2014. "The role of the complementary sector and its relationship with network formation and government policies in emerging sectors: The case of solar photovoltaics between 2001 and 2009," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 80-94.
- Haller, Markus & Ludig, Sylvie & Bauer, Nico, 2012. "Decarbonization scenarios for the EU and MENA power system: Considering spatial distribution and short term dynamics of renewable generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 282-290.
- Johansson, Bengt, 2013. "Security aspects of future renewable energy systems–A short overview," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 598-605.
- Månsson, André & Johansson, Bengt & Nilsson, Lars J., 2014. "Assessing energy security: An overview of commonly used methodologies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 1-14.
- Cooper, Christopher & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2013. "Miracle or mirage? The promise and peril of desert energy part 1," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 628-636.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:106:y:2017:i:c:p:22-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lilliestam, Johan, 2014. "Vulnerability to terrorist attacks in European electricity decarbonisation scenarios: Comparing renewable electricity imports to gas imports," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 234-248.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:760-782 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koliou, Elta & Eid, Cherrelle & Chaves-Ávila, José Pablo & Hakvoort, Rudi A., 2014. "Demand response in liberalized electricity markets: Analysis of aggregated load participation in the German balancing mechanism," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 245-254.
- Pfenninger, Stefan & Keirstead, James, 2015. "Renewables, nuclear, or fossil fuels? Scenarios for Great Britain’s power system considering costs, emissions and energy security," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 83-93.
- Escribano Francés, Gonzalo & Marín-Quemada, José María & San Martín González, Enrique, 2013. "RES and risk: Renewable energy's contribution to energy security. A portfolio-based approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 549-559.
- Lili Li, 2014. "Empirical Research on the Relationship between China Export and New Energy Consumption," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(2), pages 229-237.
- Kost, Christoph & Engelken, Maximilian & Schlegl, Thomas, 2012. "Value generation of future CSP projects in North Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 88-99.
- Blumer, Yann B. & Moser, Corinne & Patt, Anthony & Seidl, Roman, 2015. "The precarious consensus on the importance of energy security: Contrasting views between Swiss energy users and experts," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 927-936.
- Lund, Peter D. & Lindgren, Juuso & Mikkola, Jani & Salpakari, Jyri, 2015. "Review of energy system flexibility measures to enable high levels of variable renewable electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 785-807.
- Pierri, Erika & Binder, Ole & Hemdan, Nasser G.A. & Kurrat, Michael, 2017. "Challenges and opportunities for a European HVDC grid," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 427-456.
- Tebibel, Hammou & Labed, Sifeddine, 2013. "Performance results and analysis of self-regulated PV system in Algerian Sahara," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 691-700.
- Johansson, Bengt, 2013. "A broadened typology on energy and security," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 199-205.
- Boute, Anatole & Willems, Patrick, 2012. "RUSTEC: Greening Europe's energy supply by developing Russia's renewable energy potential," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 618-629.
- Otsuki, Takashi & Mohd Isa, Aishah Binti & Samuelson, Ralph D., 2016. "Electric power grid interconnections in Northeast Asia: A quantitative analysis of opportunities and challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 311-329.
- Lilliestam, Johan & Bielicki, Jeffrey M. & Patt, Anthony G., 2012. "Comparing carbon capture and storage (CCS) with concentrating solar power (CSP): Potentials, costs, risks, and barriers," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 447-455.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy security Desertec Interdependence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:6:p:3380-3391. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .