Estimation, characteristics, and determinants of energy-related industrial CO2 emissions in Shanghai (China), 1994-2009
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ang, B. W., 2004. "Decomposition analysis for policymaking in energy:: which is the preferred method?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1131-1139, June.
- Shi, Anqing, 2003. "The impact of population pressure on global carbon dioxide emissions, 1975-1996: evidence from pooled cross-country data," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 29-42, February.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- David Roodman, 2009.
"How to do xtabond2: An introduction to difference and system GMM in Stata,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 9(1), pages 86-136, March.
- David Roodman, 2006. "How to Do xtabond2: An Introduction to "Difference" and "System" GMM in Stata," Working Papers 103, Center for Global Development.
- Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Maruotti, Antonello, 2011.
"The impact of urbanization on CO2 emissions: Evidence from developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1344-1353, May.
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso, 2008. "The Impact of Urbanization on CO2 Emissions: Evidence from Developing Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 2377, CESifo Group Munich.
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso, 2008. "The Impact of Urbanization on CO2 Emissions: Evidence from Developing Countries," Working Papers 2008.50, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- John, A & Pecchenino, R, 1994. "An Overlapping Generations Model of Growth and the Environment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(427), pages 1393-1410, November.
- Grossman, G.M & Krueger, A.B., 1991.
"Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement,"
158, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Krueger, Alan B, 1992. "Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement," CEPR Discussion Papers 644, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1991. "Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement," NBER Working Papers 3914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- He, Jie & Richard, Patrick, 2010. "Environmental Kuznets curve for CO2 in Canada," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(5), pages 1083-1093, March.
- Gangadharan, Lata & Valenzuela, Ma. Rebecca, 2001.
"Interrelationships between income, health and the environment: extending the Environmental Kuznets Curve hypothesis,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 513-531, March.
- Gangagharan, L. & Valenzuela, M.R., 2000. "Interrelationships between Income, Health and the Environment: Extending the Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 740, The University of Melbourne.
- Li, Li & Chen, Changhong & Xie, Shichen & Huang, Cheng & Cheng, Zhen & Wang, Hongli & Wang, Yangjun & Huang, Haiying & Lu, Jun & Dhakal, Shobhakar, 2010. "Energy demand and carbon emissions under different development scenarios for Shanghai, China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 4797-4807, September.
- Richard York & Eugene A. Rosa & Thomas Dietz, 2002. "Bridging Environmental Science with Environmental Policy: Plasticity of Population, Affluence, and Technology," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 83(1), pages 18-34.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Auffhammer, Maximilian & Carson, Richard T., 2008.
"Forecasting the path of China's CO2 emissions using province-level information,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 229-247, May.
- Auffhammer, Maximilian & Carson, Richard T., 2007. "Forecasting the Path of China's CO2 Emissions Using Province Level Information," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6d28j8rg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- York, Richard & Rosa, Eugene A. & Dietz, Thomas, 2003. "STIRPAT, IPAT and ImPACT: analytic tools for unpacking the driving forces of environmental impacts," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 351-365, October.
- Liu, Lan-Cui & Fan, Ying & Wu, Gang & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Using LMDI method to analyze the change of China's industrial CO2 emissions from final fuel use: An empirical analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5892-5900, November.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1995. "Economic Growth and the Environment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 353-377.
- Friedl, Birgit & Getzner, Michael, 2003. "Determinants of CO2 emissions in a small open economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 133-148, April.
- Galeotti, Marzio & Lanza, Alessandro & Pauli, Francesco, 2006. "Reassessing the environmental Kuznets curve for CO2 emissions: A robustness exercise," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 152-163, April.
- Cole, Matthew A., 2004. "Trade, the pollution haven hypothesis and the environmental Kuznets curve: examining the linkages," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 71-81, January.
- Changhong, Chen & Bingyan, Wang & Qingyan, Fu & Green, Collin & Streets, David G., 2006. "Reductions in emissions of local air pollutants and co-benefits of Chinese energy policy: a Shanghai case study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 754-762, April.
- Ang, B. W., 2005. "The LMDI approach to decomposition analysis: a practical guide," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 867-871, May.
- Jalil, Abdul & Mahmud, Syed F., 2009. "Environment Kuznets curve for CO2 emissions: A cointegration analysis for China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5167-5172, December.
- Zhao, Min & Tan, Lirong & Zhang, Weiguo & Ji, Minhe & Liu, Yuan & Yu, Lizhong, 2010. "Decomposing the influencing factors of industrial carbon emissions in Shanghai using the LMDI method," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 2505-2510.
- Feng, Kuishuang & Hubacek, Klaus & Guan, Dabo, 2009. "Lifestyles, technology and CO2 emissions in China: A regional comparative analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 145-154, November.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf, 2008. "An Empirical Analysis of Energy Intensity and Its Determinants at the State Level," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-26.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Bengochea-Morancho, Aurelia, 2004. "Pooled mean group estimation of an environmental Kuznets curve for CO2," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 121-126, January.
- Windmeijer, Frank, 2005. "A finite sample correction for the variance of linear efficient two-step GMM estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 25-51, May.
- Poumanyvong, Phetkeo & Kaneko, Shinji, 2010. "Does urbanization lead to less energy use and lower CO2 emissions? A cross-country analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 434-444, December.
- Berkhout, Peter H. G. & Muskens, Jos C. & W. Velthuijsen, Jan, 2000. "Defining the rebound effect," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6-7), pages 425-432, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shao, Shuai & Huang, Tao & Yang, Lili, 2014. "Using latent variable approach to estimate China׳s economy-wide energy rebound effect over 1954–2010," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 235-248.
- Li, Huanan & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2015.
"Is it possible for China to reduce its total CO2 emissions?,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 438-446.
- Huanan Li & Yi-Ming Wei, 2014. "Is it possible for China to reduce its total CO2 emissions?," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 81, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Yang, Yuan & Cai, Wenjia & Wang, Can, 2014. "Industrial CO2 intensity, indigenous innovation and R&D spillovers in China’s provinces," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 117-127.
- Ren, Shenggang & Yuan, Baolong & Ma, Xie & Chen, Xiaohong, 2014. "The impact of international trade on China׳s industrial carbon emissions since its entry into WTO," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 624-634.
- Meng, Bo & Xue, Jinjun & Feng, Kuishuang & Guan, Dabo & Fu, Xue, 2013. "China’s inter-regional spillover of carbon emissions and domestic supply chains," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1305-1321.
- Shuddhasattwa Rafiq & Ingrid Nielsen & Russell Smyth, 2016. "Effect of Internal Migration on Air and Water Pollution in China," Monash Economics Working Papers 27-16, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:31-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shao, Shuai & Liu, Jianghua & Geng, Yong & Miao, Zhuang & Yang, Yingchun, 2016. "Uncovering driving factors of carbon emissions from China’s mining sector," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 220-238.
- Jiang, Zhujun & Shao, Shuai, 2014. "Distributional effects of a carbon tax on Chinese households: A case of Shanghai," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 269-277.
- Zhao, Xingrong & Zhang, Xi & Shao, Shuai, 2016. "Decoupling CO2 emissions and industrial growth in China over 1993–2013: The role of investment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 275-292.
- Xie, Xuan & Shao, Shuai & Lin, Boqiang, 2016. "Exploring the driving forces and mitigation pathways of CO2 emissions in China’s petroleum refining and coking industry: 1995–2031," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 184(C), pages 1004-1015.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:115:y:2018:i:c:p:32-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Zhenbing & Shao, Shuai & Yang, Lili & Liu, Jianghua, 2017. "Differentiated effects of diversified technological sources on energy-saving technological progress: Empirical evidence from China's industrial sectors," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1379-1388.
- Fan, Meiting & Shao, Shuai & Yang, Lili, 2015. "Combining global Malmquist–Luenberger index and generalized method of moments to investigate industrial total factor CO2 emission performance: A case of Shanghai (China)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 189-201.
- Ren, Shenggang & Yuan, Baolong & Ma, Xie & Chen, Xiaohong, 2014. "International trade, FDI (foreign direct investment) and embodied CO2 emissions: A case study of Chinas industrial sectors," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 123-134.
- Kostakis, Ioannis & Lolos, Sarantis & Sardianou, Eleni, 2016. "Foreign direct investment and environmental degradation: Further evidence from Brazil and Singapore," MPRA Paper 75643, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shan, Yuli & Liu, Zhu & Guan, Dabo, 2016. "CO2 emissions from China’s lime industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 245-252.
- Shao, Shuai & Yang, Lili & Gan, Chunhui & Cao, Jianhua & Geng, Yong & Guan, Dabo, 2016. "Using an extended LMDI model to explore techno-economic drivers of energy-related industrial CO2 emission changes: A case study for Shanghai (China)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 516-536.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial CO2 emissions Determinants Shanghai;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:39:y:2011:i:10:p:6476-6494. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.