Rural electrification of the Brazilian Amazon - Achievements and lessons
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Grimm, Michael & Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan & Misselhorn, Mark, 2008.
"A Human Development Index by Income Groups,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2527-2546, December.
- Michael Grimm, Kenneth Harttgen, Stephan Klasen, and Mark Misselhorn, 2006. "A Human Development Index by Income Groups," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2006-07, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Michael Grimm & Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen & Mark Misselhorn, 2007. "A Human Development Index by Income Groups," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 155, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Misselhorn, Mark & Klasen, Stephan & Harttgen, Kenneth & Grimm, Michael, 2007. "A Human Development Index by Income Groups," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Göttingen 2007 12, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Gustav Ranis, Frances Stewart and Emma Samman, "undated". "Human Development: beyond the HDI," QEH Working Papers qehwps135, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Neumayer, Eric, 2001. "The human development index and sustainability -- a constructive proposal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 101-114, October.
- Martinez, Daniel M. & Ebenhack, Ben W., 2008. "Understanding the role of energy consumption in human development through the use of saturation phenomena," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1430-1435, April.
- Goldemberg, Jose & Coelho, Suani Teixeira & Lucon, Oswaldo, 2004. "How adequate policies can push renewables," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1141-1146, June.
- Michael Grimm & Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen & Mark Misselhorn & Teresa Munzi & Timothy Smeeding, 2010. "Inequality in Human Development: An Empirical Assessment of 32 Countries," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 97(2), pages 191-211, June.
- Ilskog, Elisabeth, 2008. "Indicators for assessment of rural electrification--An approach for the comparison of apples and pears," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2665-2673, July.
- Srivastava, Leena & Rehman, I.H., 2006. "Energy for sustainable development in India: Linkages and strategic direction," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 643-654, March.
- Sagar, Ambuj D. & Najam, Adil, 1998. "The human development index: a critical review," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 249-264, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tanner, Andrew M. & Johnston, Alison L., 2017. "The Impact of Rural Electric Access on Deforestation Rates," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 174-185.
- Mainali, Brijesh & Silveira, Semida, 2013. "Alternative pathways for providing access to electricity in developing countries," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 299-310.
- van Els, Rudi Henri & de Souza Vianna, João Nildo & Brasil, Antonio Cesar Pinho, 2012. "The Brazilian experience of rural electrification in the Amazon with decentralized generation – The need to change the paradigm from electrification to development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 1450-1461.
- Hammar, Linus & Ehnberg, Jimmy & Mavume, Alberto & Francisco, Francisco & Molander, Sverker, 2012. "Simplified site-screening method for micro tidal current turbines applied in Mozambique," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 414-422.
- Slough, Tara & Urpelainen, Johannes & Yang, Joonseok, 2015. "Light for all? Evaluating Brazil's rural electrification progress, 2000–2010," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 315-327.
- Ferrer-Martí, Laia & Garwood, Anna & Chiroque, José & Ramirez, Benito & Marcelo, Oliver & Garfí, Marianna & Velo, Enrique, 2012. "Evaluating and comparing three community small-scale wind electrification projects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5379-5390.
- Andrea Vaona & Natalia Magnani, 2014. "Access to electricity and socio-economic characteristics: panel data evidence from 31 countries," Working Papers 15/2014, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Sánchez, A.S. & Torres, E.A. & Kalid, R.A., 2015. "Renewable energy generation for the rural electrification of isolated communities in the Amazon Region," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 278-290.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:55-69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gómez, Maria F. & Silveira, Semida, 2015. "The last mile in the Brazilian Amazon – A potential pathway for universal electricity access," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 23-37.
- Lino, F.A.M. & Ismail, K.A.R., 2011. "Energy and environmental potential of solid waste in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3496-3502, June.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:79:y:2017:i:c:p:1255-1265 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:78:y:2017:i:c:p:1033-1043 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDevelopment Rural electrification HDI;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:38:y:2010:i:10:p:6251-6260. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.