Understanding the role of energy consumption in human development through the use of saturation phenomena
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jose Goldemberg, 2001. "Energy and Human Well Being," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2001-02, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Dias, Rubens A. & Mattos, Cristiano R. & P. Balestieri, Jose A., 2006. "The limits of human development and the use of energy and natural resources," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1026-1031, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hanff, Elodie & Dabat, Marie-Hélène & Blin, Joël, 2011. "Are biofuels an efficient technology for generating sustainable development in oil-dependent African nations? A macroeconomic assessment of the opportunities and impacts in Burkina Faso," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 2199-2209, June.
- Mayer, Andreas & Haas, Willi & Wiedenhofer, Dominik, 2017. "How Countries' Resource Use History Matters for Human Well-being – An Investigation of Global Patterns in Cumulative Material Flows from 1950 to 2010," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 1-10.
- Schaffer, W.M., 2008. "Human population and carbon dioxide," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2761-2764, July.
- Ismet Ugursal, V., 2014. "Energy consumption, associated questions and some answers," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 783-792.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:435-450 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:1122-1133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steinberger, Julia K. & Roberts, J. Timmons, 2010. "From constraint to sufficiency: The decoupling of energy and carbon from human needs, 1975-2005," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 425-433, December.
- Radovanović, Mirjana & Filipović, Sanja & Pavlović, Dejan, 2017. "Energy security measurement – A sustainable approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P2), pages 1020-1032.
- Hiranmoy Roy & Rajaiah Jayaraj & Anshunan Gupta, 2015. "Energy consumption and human development: global perspective," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 111-131.
- Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Murray, Siobhan & Wheeler, David, 2011.
"The economics of renewable energy expansion in rural Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 215-227, January.
- Deichmann, Uwe & Meisner, Craig & Murray, Siobhan & Wheeler, David, 2010. "The economics of renewable energy expansion in rural Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5193, The World Bank.
- González-Eguino, Mikel, 2015. "Energy poverty: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 377-385.
- Joseph Henderson & Don Duggan-Haas, 2014. "Drilling into controversy: the educational complexity of shale gas development," Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, Springer;Association of Environmental Studies and Sciences, vol. 4(1), pages 87-96, March.
- Steckel, Jan Christoph & Brecha, Robert J. & Jakob, Michael & Strefler, Jessica & Luderer, Gunnar, 2013. "Development without energy? Assessing future scenarios of energy consumption in developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 53-67.
- Serap Bedir & Vildan Merve Yilmaz, 2016. "CO2 emissions and human development in OECD countries: granger causality analysis with a panel data approach," Eurasian Economic Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(1), pages 97-110, April.
- Siddiqui, Md Zakaria & de Maere d'Aertrycke, Gauthier & Smeers, Yves, 2012. "Demand response in Indian electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 207-216.
- Daniel A. Sanchez-Loor & Manuel A. Zambrano-Monserrate, 2015. "Causality Analysis between Electricity Consumption, Real Gross Domestic Product, Foreign Direct Investment, Human Development and Remittances in Colombia, Ecuador and Mexico," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 746-753.
- Gómez, Maria F. & Silveira, Semida, 2010. "Rural electrification of the Brazilian Amazon - Achievements and lessons," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6251-6260, October.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:43-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Måns Nilsson & Paul Lucas & Tetsuro Yoshida, 2013. "Towards an Integrated Framework for SDGs: Ultimate and Enabling Goals for the Case of Energy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(10), pages 1-28, September.
- Wang, Qiang & Zhou, Kan, 2017. "A framework for evaluating global national energy security," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 19-31.
- Ouedraogo, Nadia S., 2013. "Energy consumption and human development: Evidence from a panel cointegration and error correction model," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 28-41.
- Qiaosheng Wu & Svetlana Maslyuk & Valerie Clulow, 2010. "Energy Consumption Transition and Human Development," Monash Economics Working Papers 43-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:36:y:2008:i:4:p:1430-1435. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.