Energy demand, economic growth, and energy efficiency--the Bakun dam-induced sustainable energy policy revisited
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Han, Xiaoli & Chatterjee, Lata, 1997. "Impacts of growth and structural change on CO2 emissions of developing countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 395-407, March.
- Justman, Moshe & Teubal, Morris, 1991. "A structuralist perspective on the role of technology in economic growth and development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(9), pages 1167-1183, September.
- Matutinovic, Igor, 2001. "The aspects and the role of diversity in socioeconomic systems: an evolutionary perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 239-256, November.
- de Bresson, Chris, 1991. "Technological Innovation and Long Wave Theory: Two Pieces of the Puzzle," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 241-272, November.
- Ferguson, Ross & Wilkinson, William & Hill, Robert, 2000. "Electricity use and economic development," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(13), pages 923-934, November.
- Mielnik, Otavio & Goldemberg, Jose, 2000. "Converging to a common pattern of energy use in developing and industrialized countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 503-508, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hannan, M.A. & Begum, R.A. & Abdolrasol, M.G. & Hossain Lipu, M.S. & Mohamed, A. & Rashid, M.M., 2018. "Review of baseline studies on energy policies and indicators in Malaysia for future sustainable energy development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 551-564.
- Shekarchian, M. & Moghavvemi, M. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Mazandarani, A., 2011. "A review on the pattern of electricity generation and emission in Malaysia from 1976 to 2008," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2629-2642, August.
- Gholam Reza Zandi & Nadeem Khalid & Dewan Md. Zahurul Islam, 2019. "Nexus of Knowledge Transfer, Green Innovation and Environmental Performance: Impact of Environmental Management Accounting," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 9(5), pages 387-393.
- Hu, Jin-Li & Kao, Chih-Hung, 2007. "Efficient energy-saving targets for APEC economies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 373-382, January.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Bulan, L.C., 2011. "Behind an ambitious megaproject in Asia: The history and implications of the Bakun hydroelectric dam in Borneo," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4842-4859, September.
- Chien Bong, Cassendra Phun & Ho, Wai Shin & Hashim, Haslenda & Lim, Jeng Shiun & Ho, Chin Siong & Peng Tan, William Soo & Lee, Chew Tin, 2017. "Review on the renewable energy and solid waste management policies towards biogas development in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 988-998.
- Alia Samsudin & Mohd Armi Abu Samah & Mohd Yusuff Ishak, 2019. "Perception Of Government Servants In Shah Alam On The Utilization Of Food Waste As A Resource For Biogas Production In Malaysia," Journal Clean WAS (JCleanWAS), Zibeline International Publishing, vol. 3(1), pages 16-20, March.
- Verma, Piyush & Patel, Nitish & Nair, Nirmal-Kumar C. & Brent, Alan C., 2018. "Improving the energy efficiency of the New Zealand economy: A policy comparison with other renewable-rich countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 506-517.
- Chandran, V.G.R. & Sharma, Susan & Madhavan, Karunagaran, 2010. "Electricity consumption-growth nexus: The case of Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 606-612, January.
- Siciliano, Giuseppina & Urban, Frauke, 2017. "Equity-based Natural Resource Allocation for Infrastructure Development: Evidence From Large Hydropower Dams in Africa and Asia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 130-139.
- Shafie, S.M. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Masjuki, H.H. & Andriyana, A., 2011. "Current energy usage and sustainable energy in Malaysia: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4370-4377.
- Borhanazad, H. & Mekhilef, S. & Saidur, R. & Boroumandjazi, G., 2013. "Potential application of renewable energy for rural electrification in Malaysia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 210-219.
- Ong, H.C. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Masjuki, H.H., 2011. "A review on energy scenario and sustainable energy in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 639-647, January.
- Hasan, M.H. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Nur, Hadi, 2012. "A review on energy scenario and sustainable energy in Indonesia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 2316-2328.
- Sharif Shofirun Sharif Ali & Muhamad Rizal Razman & Azahan Awang, 2020. "The Nexus of Population, GDP Growth, Electricity Generation, Electricity Consumption and Carbon Emissions Output in Malaysia," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(3), pages 84-89.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kim, Young Se, 2015. "Electricity consumption and economic development: Are countries converging to a common trend?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 192-202.
- Esposito, Piero & Patriarca, Fabrizio & Salvati, Luca, 2018. "Tertiarization and land use change: The case of Italy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 80-86.
- George Halkos & Iacovos Psarianos, 2016. "Exploring the effect of including the environment in the neoclassical growth model," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 18(3), pages 339-358, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6801 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ikeme, J. & Ebohon, Obas John, 2005. "Nigeria's electric power sector reform: what should form the key objectives?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1213-1221, June.
- Beyer,Robert Carl Michael & Franco Bedoya,Sebastian & Galdo,Virgilio, 2020. "Examining the Economic Impact of COVID-19 in India through Daily Electricity Consumption and Nighttime Light Intensity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9291, The World Bank.
- Bashiri Behmiri, Niaz & Pires Manso, José R., 2012. "Does Portuguese economy support crude oil conservation hypothesis?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 628-634.
- Roberto ESPOSTI & Pierpaolo PIERANI, 2001. "Building the Knowledge Stock: Lags, Depreciation and Uncertainty in Agricultural R&D," Working Papers 145, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Islam, Aminul & Chan, Eng-Seng & Taufiq-Yap, Yun Hin & Mondal, Md. Alam Hossain & Moniruzzaman, M. & Mridha, Moniruzzaman, 2014. "Energy security in Bangladesh perspective—An assessment and implication," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 154-171.
- Lai, T.M. & To, W.M. & Lo, W.C. & Choy, Y.S., 2008. "Modeling of electricity consumption in the Asian gaming and tourism center—Macao SAR, People's Republic of China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 679-688.
- de Freitas, Luciano Charlita & Kaneko, Shinji, 2011. "Decomposition of CO2 emissions change from energy consumption in Brazil: Challenges and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1495-1504, March.
- Zhenbo Zhang & Xiaohua Meng, 2019. "Internet Penetration and the Environmental Kuznets Curve: A Cross-National Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(5), pages 1-12, March.
- Vaona, Andrea, 2013.
"The sclerosis of regional electricity intensities in Italy: An aggregate and sectoral analysis,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 880-889.
- Andrea Vaona, 2012. "The sclerosis of regional electricity intensities in Italy: an aggregate and sectoral analysis," Working Papers 18/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Sartorius, Christian, 2006. "Second-order sustainability--conditions for the development of sustainable innovations in a dynamic environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 268-286, June.
- Armey, Laura E. & Hosman, Laura, 2016. "The centrality of electricity to ICT use in low-income countries," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 617-627.
- Govorukha, Kristina & Mayer, Philip & Rübbelke, Dirk & Vögele, Stefan, 2020.
"Economic disruptions in long-term energy scenarios – Implications for designing energy policy,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 212(C).
- Govorukha, Kristina & Mayer, Philip & Rübbelke, Dirk & Vögele, Stefan, 2019. "Economic Disruptions in Long-Term Energy Scenarios – Implications for Designing Energy Policy," FEP: Future Energy Program 291802, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM) > FEP: Future Energy Program.
- Kristina Govorukha & Philip Mayer & Dirk Rübbelke & Stefan Vögele, 2019. "Economic Disruptions in Long-Term Energy Scenarios – Implications for Designing Energy Policy," Working Papers 2019.17, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Kim, Yeonbae, 2006. "Electricity generation and economic growth in Indonesia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 2890-2899.
- Luukkanen, Jyrki & Kaivo-oja, Jari, 2002. "ASEAN tigers and sustainability of energy use--decomposition analysis of energy and CO2 efficiency dynamics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 281-292, March.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz & Luis Diez del Corral Morales, 2017. "The Effect of Education on a Country’s Energy Consumption: Evidence from Developed and Developing Countries," Working Papers 201733, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Omri, Anis & Kahouli, Bassem, 2014.
"Causal relationships between energy consumption, foreign direct investment and economic growth: Fresh evidence from dynamic simultaneous-equations models,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 913-922.
- Omri, Anis & Kahouli, Bassem, 2013. "Causal relationships between energy consumption, foreign direct investment and economic growth: Fresh evidence from dynamic simultaneous-equations models," MPRA Paper 82502, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Nov 2013.
- Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Kwak, So-Yoon, 2010. "Electricity consumption and economic growth in seven South American countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 181-188, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:33:y:2005:i:5:p:679-689. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.