What is the value of the option to defer an investment in Transmission Expansion Planning? An estimation using Real Options
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hemmati, Reza & Hooshmand, Rahmat-Allah & Khodabakhshian, Amin, 2013. "State-of-the-art of transmission expansion planning: Comprehensive review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 312-319.
- Robert C. Merton, 2005. "Theory of rational option pricing," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 8, pages 229-288 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Enzo Sauma & Shmuel Oren, 2006. "Proactive planning and valuation of transmission investments in restructured electricity markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 358-387, November.
- Pozo, David & Contreras, Javier & Sauma, Enzo, 2013. "If you build it, he will come: Anticipative power transmission planning," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 135-146.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474, June.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2010. "Energy consumption and growth in South America: Evidence from a panel error correction model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1421-1426, November.
- Hirst, Eric & Kirby, Brendan, 2001. "Key Transmission Planning Issues," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 59-70, October.
- Boyle, Glenn & Guthrie, Graeme & Meade, Richard, 2006. "Real Options and Transmission Investment: the New Zealand Grid Investment Test," Working Paper Series 3846, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Pringles, Rolando & Olsina, Fernando & Garcés, Francisco, 2015. "Real option valuation of power transmission investments by stochastic simulation," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 215-226.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2010. "Renewable energy consumption and economic growth: Evidence from a panel of OECD countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 656-660, January.
- Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Lee, Joo-Suk, 2010. "Electricity consumption and economic growth: A cross-country analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 622-625, January.
- Sauma, Enzo E. & Oren, Shmuel S., 2009. "Do generation firms in restructured electricity markets have incentives to support social-welfare-improving transmission investments?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 676-689, September.
- Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Kwak, So-Yoon, 2010. "Electricity consumption and economic growth in seven South American countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 181-188, January.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1972. "The Valuation of Option Contracts and a Test of Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 399-417, May.
- Maboke, Silky Ntombifuthi & Kachienga, Michael Ogembo, 2008. "Power Transmission Investment Analysis: A New Financial Evaluation Framework for South Africa," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 58-70, May.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Enzo Sauma & Shmuel Oren, 2006. "Proactive planning and valuation of transmission investments in restructured electricity markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 261-290, November.
More about this item
KeywordsTransmission Expansion Planning; Real options; Option to defer; Binomial tree; Flexibility;
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- Q47 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy Forecasting
- L99 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:194-207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.