Estimating the effect of urban density on fuel demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Espey, Molly, 1998. "Gasoline demand revisited: an international meta-analysis of elasticities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 273-295, June.
- Mindali, Orit & Raveh, Adi & Salomon, Ilan, 2004. "Urban density and energy consumption: a new look at old statistics," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 143-162, February.
- Daniel J. Graham & Stephen Glaister, 2002. "The Demand for Automobile Fuel: A Survey of Elasticities," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 36(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Puller, Steven L. & Greening, Lorna A., 1999. "Household adjustment to gasoline price change: an analysis using 9 years of US survey data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 37-52, February.
- Drollas, Leonidas P., 1984. "The demand for gasoline : Further evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 71-82, January.
- Kenworthy, Jeffrey R. & Laube, Felix B., 1999. "Patterns of automobile dependence in cities: an international overview of key physical and economic dimensions with some implications for urban policy," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 691-723.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Griffin, James M., 1983. "Gasoline demand in the OECD : An application of pooling and testing procedures," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 117-137, July.
- Espey, Molly, 1996. "Watching the fuel gauge: An international model of automobile fuel economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 93-106, April.
- Dahl, Carol & Sterner, Thomas, 1991. "Analysing gasoline demand elasticities: a survey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 203-210, July.
- Gyo-Eon Shim & Sung-Mo Rhee & Kun-Hyuck Ahn & Sung-Bong Chung, 2006. "The relationship between the characteristics of transportation energy consumption and urban form," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-367, June.
- Archibald, Robert & Gillingham, Robert, 1980. "An Analysis of the Short-Run Consumer Demand for Gasoline Using Household Survey Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(4), pages 622-628, November.
- van de Coevering, Paul & Schwanen, Tim, 2006. "Re-evaluating the impact of urban form on travel patternsin Europe and North-America," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 229-239, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:469-:d:131188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liddle, Brantley, 2013. "Urban Density and Climate Change: A STIRPAT Analysis using City-level Data," MPRA Paper 52089, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Borge-Diez, David & Colmenar-Santos, Antonio & Pérez-Molina, Clara & López-Rey, África, 2015. "Geothermal source heat pumps under energy services companies finance scheme to increase energy efficiency and production in stockbreeding facilities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 821-836.
- Fabio Grazi & Henri Waisman, 2015. "Agglomeration, Urban Growth and Infrastructure in Global Climate Policy: A Dynamic CGE Approach," Working Papers 2015.61, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Liddle, Brantley & Lung, Sidney, 2013. "Might electricity consumption cause urbanization instead? Evidence from heterogeneous panel long-run causality tests," MPRA Paper 52333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Keirstead, James & Jennings, Mark & Sivakumar, Aruna, 2012. "A review of urban energy system models: Approaches, challenges and opportunities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 3847-3866.
- Bosetti, Valentina & Longden, Thomas, 2013.
"Light duty vehicle transportation and global climate policy: The importance of electric drive vehicles,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 209-219.
- Valentina Bosetti & Thomas Longden, 2012. "Light Duty Vehicle Transportation and Global Climate Policy: The Importance of Electric Drive Vehicles," Working Papers 2012.11, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chai, Jian & Yang, Ying & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, Kin Keung, 2016. "Fuel efficiency and emission in China's road transport sector: Induced effect and rebound effect," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 188-197.
- Stephan, André & Stephan, Laurent, 2016. "Life cycle energy and cost analysis of embodied, operational and user-transport energy reduction measures for residential buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 445-464.
- Morikawa, Masayuki, 2012.
"Population density and efficiency in energy consumption: An empirical analysis of service establishments,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1617-1622.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2011. "Population Density and Efficiency in Energy Consumption: An empirical analysis of service establishments," Discussion papers 11058, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Du, Limin & Hanley, Aoife & Wei, Chu, 2015.
"Estimating the Marginal Abatement Cost Curve of CO2 Emissions in China: Provincial Panel Data Analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 217-229.
- Du, Limin & Hanley, Aoife & Wei, Chu, 2015. "Estimating the marginal abatement cost curve of CO2 emissions in China: Provincial panel data analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1985, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ahmad, Sohail & Puppim de Oliveira, Jose A., 2016. "Determinants of urban mobility in India: Lessons for promoting sustainable and inclusive urban transportation in developing countries," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 106-114.
- Mishalani, Rabi G. & Goel, Prem K. & Landgraf, Andrew J. & Westra, Ashley M. & Zhou, Dunke, 2014. "Passenger travel CO2 emissions in US urbanized areas: Multi-sourced data, impacts of influencing factors, and policy implications," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 231-241.
- Liddle, Brantley, 2013. "Urban Transport Pollution: Revisiting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," MPRA Paper 53632, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Jun, 2011.
"Decoupling urban transport from GHG emissions in Indian cities--A critical review and perspectives,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3503-3514, June.
- Jun Li, 2011. "Decoupling urban transport from GHG emissions in Indian cities--A critical review and perspectives," Post-Print hal-00596587, HAL.
- Su, Qing, 2011. "The effect of population density, road network density, and congestion on household gasoline consumption in U.S. urban areas," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 445-452, May.
- repec:eco:journ2:2017-03-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Munoz Sapien, Gabriel & Barraza de Anda, Martha P. & Dominguez Ruvalcaba, Lisbeily, 2011.
"Dinámica del Consumo de Gasolina en Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua
[Gasoline Consumption Dynamics in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua]," MPRA Paper 46853, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Jun 2012.
- Felix Creutzig & Rainer MÃ¼hlhoff & Julia RÃ¶mer, 2012. "One Planet Mobility - Transforming Cities towards Low-Carbon Mobility," Working Papers 1, Department of Climate Change Economics, TU Berlin, revised Feb 2012.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:54-63 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsUrban density Fuel demand Elasticity SURE;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:32:y:2010:i:1:p:86-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .