Estimating the effect of urban density on fuel demand
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Espey, Molly, 1998. "Gasoline demand revisited: an international meta-analysis of elasticities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 273-295, June.
- Kenworthy, Jeffrey R. & Laube, Felix B., 1999. "Patterns of automobile dependence in cities: an international overview of key physical and economic dimensions with some implications for urban policy," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 691-723.
- Mindali, Orit & Raveh, Adi & Salomon, Ilan, 2004. "Urban density and energy consumption: a new look at old statistics," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 143-162, February.
- Daniel J. Graham & Stephen Glaister, 2002. "The Demand for Automobile Fuel: A Survey of Elasticities," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 36(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Griffin, James M., 1983. "Gasoline demand in the OECD : An application of pooling and testing procedures," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 117-137, July.
- Puller, Steven L. & Greening, Lorna A., 1999. "Household adjustment to gasoline price change: an analysis using 9 years of US survey data," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 37-52, February.
- Espey, Molly, 1996. "Watching the fuel gauge: An international model of automobile fuel economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 93-106, April.
- Dahl, Carol & Sterner, Thomas, 1991. "Analysing gasoline demand elasticities: a survey," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 203-210, July.
- Gyo-Eon Shim & Sung-Mo Rhee & Kun-Hyuck Ahn & Sung-Bong Chung, 2006. "The relationship between the characteristics of transportation energy consumption and urban form," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-367, June.
- Archibald, Robert & Gillingham, Robert, 1980. "An Analysis of the Short-Run Consumer Demand for Gasoline Using Household Survey Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(4), pages 622-628, November.
- Drollas, Leonidas P., 1984. "The demand for gasoline : Further evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 71-82, January.
- van de Coevering, Paul & Schwanen, Tim, 2006. "Re-evaluating the impact of urban form on travel patternsin Europe and North-America," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 229-239, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akihiro Otsuka & Mika Goto, 2015. "Estimation and determinants of energy efficiency in Japanese regional economies," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 89-101, June.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:469-:d:131188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liddle, Brantley, 2013. "Urban Density and Climate Change: A STIRPAT Analysis using City-level Data," MPRA Paper 52089, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Munoz Sapien, Gabriel & Barraza de Anda, Martha P. & Dominguez Ruvalcaba, Lisbeily, 2011.
"Dinámica del Consumo de Gasolina en Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua
[Gasoline Consumption Dynamics in Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua]," MPRA Paper 46853, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Jun 2012.
- Keita Honjo & Masahiko Fujii, 2014. "Impacts of demographic, meteorological, and economic changes on household CO 2 emissions in the 47 prefectures of Japan," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 13-30, March.
- Borge-Diez, David & Colmenar-Santos, Antonio & Pérez-Molina, Clara & López-Rey, África, 2015. "Geothermal source heat pumps under energy services companies finance scheme to increase energy efficiency and production in stockbreeding facilities," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 821-836.
- Fabio Grazi & Henri Waisman, 2015. "Agglomeration, Urban Growth and Infrastructure in Global Climate Policy: A Dynamic CGE Approach," Working Papers 2015.61, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bosetti, Valentina & Longden, Thomas, 2013.
"Light duty vehicle transportation and global climate policy: The importance of electric drive vehicles,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 209-219.
- Valentina Bosetti & Thomas Longden, 2012. "Light Duty Vehicle Transportation and Global Climate Policy: The Importance of Electric Drive Vehicles," Working Papers 2012.11, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Stephan, André & Stephan, Laurent, 2016. "Life cycle energy and cost analysis of embodied, operational and user-transport energy reduction measures for residential buildings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 445-464.
- Morikawa, Masayuki, 2012.
"Population density and efficiency in energy consumption: An empirical analysis of service establishments,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1617-1622.
- MORIKAWA Masayuki, 2011. "Population Density and Efficiency in Energy Consumption: An empirical analysis of service establishments," Discussion papers 11058, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Liddle, Brantley & Lung, Sidney, 2013. "Might electricity consumption cause urbanization instead? Evidence from heterogeneous panel long-run causality tests," MPRA Paper 52333, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akihiro Otsuka & Mika Goto & Toshiyuki Sueyoshi, 2014. "Energy efficiency and agglomeration economies: the case of Japanese manufacturing industries," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 195-212, June.
- Du, Limin & Hanley, Aoife & Wei, Chu, 2015.
"Estimating the Marginal Abatement Cost Curve of CO2 Emissions in China: Provincial Panel Data Analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 217-229.
- Du, Limin & Hanley, Aoife & Wei, Chu, 2015. "Estimating the marginal abatement cost curve of CO2 emissions in China: Provincial panel data analysis," Kiel Working Papers 1985, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ahmad, Sohail & Puppim de Oliveira, Jose A., 2016. "Determinants of urban mobility in India: Lessons for promoting sustainable and inclusive urban transportation in developing countries," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 106-114.
- Felix Creutzig & Rainer MÃ¼hlhoff & Julia RÃ¶mer, 2012. "One Planet Mobility - Transforming Cities towards Low-Carbon Mobility," Working Papers 1, Department of Climate Change Economics, TU Berlin, revised Feb 2012.
- Mishalani, Rabi G. & Goel, Prem K. & Landgraf, Andrew J. & Westra, Ashley M. & Zhou, Dunke, 2014. "Passenger travel CO2 emissions in US urbanized areas: Multi-sourced data, impacts of influencing factors, and policy implications," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 231-241.
- Keirstead, James & Jennings, Mark & Sivakumar, Aruna, 2012. "A review of urban energy system models: Approaches, challenges and opportunities," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 3847-3866.
- Li, Jun, 2011.
"Decoupling urban transport from GHG emissions in Indian cities--A critical review and perspectives,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 3503-3514, June.
- Jun Li, 2011. "Decoupling urban transport from GHG emissions in Indian cities--A critical review and perspectives," Post-Print hal-00596587, HAL.
- Su, Qing, 2011. "The effect of population density, road network density, and congestion on household gasoline consumption in U.S. urban areas," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 445-452, May.
- Chai, Jian & Yang, Ying & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, Kin Keung, 2016. "Fuel efficiency and emission in China's road transport sector: Induced effect and rebound effect," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 188-197.
- repec:eco:journ2:2017-03-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liddle, Brantley, 2013. "Urban Transport Pollution: Revisiting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," MPRA Paper 53632, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:59:y:2017:i:c:p:54-63 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsUrban density Fuel demand Elasticity SURE;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:32:y:2010:i:1:p:86-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.