An empirical analysis of lumpy investment: the case of US petroleum refining industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chirinko, Robert S, 1993.
"Business Fixed Investment Spending: Modeling Strategies, Empirical Results, and Policy Implications,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1875-1911, December.
- Robert S. Chirinko, 1992. "Business Fixed Investment Spending: Modeling Strategies, Empirical Results, and Policy Implications," CESifo Working Paper Series 27, CESifo Group Munich.
- Robinson, Peter M, 1982. "On the Asymptotic Properties of Estimators of Models Containing Limited Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 27-41, January.
- Robert S. Chirinko, 1992.
"Business Fixed Investment Spending: A Critical survey of Modeling Strategies, Empirical Results, and Policy Implications,"
9213, Harris School of Public Policy Studies, University of Chicago.
- Robert S. Chirinko, 1993. "Business fixed investment spending: a critical survey of modeling strategies, empirical results, and policy implications," Research Working Paper 93-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Abel, Andrew B & Eberly, Janice C, 1994.
"A Unified Model of Investment under Uncertainty,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1369-1384, December.
- Andrew B. Abel & Janice C. Eberly, "undated". "A Unified Model of Investment Under Uncertainty," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 14-93, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew B. Abel & Janice C. Eberly, 1993. "A Unified Model of Investment Under Uncertainty," NBER Working Papers 4296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew B. Abel & Janice C. Eberly, 1996. "Optimal Investment with Costly Reversibility," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(4), pages 581-593.
- Abel, Andrew B. & Eberly, Janice C., 1998.
"The mix and scale of factors with irreversibility and fixed costs of investment,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 101-135, June.
- Andrew B. Abel & Janice C. Eberly, 1997. "The Mix and Scale of Factors with Irreversibility and Fixed Costs of Investment," NBER Working Papers 6148, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard J. Gilbert & Richard G. Harris, 1984. "Competition with Lumpy Investment," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(2), pages 197-212, Summer.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Gerard A. Pfann, 1996. "Adjustment Costs in Factor Demand," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1264-1292, September.
- Dagenais, Marcel G, 1969. "A Threshold Regression Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(2), pages 193-203, April.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1981. "Taxation and Corporate Investment: A q-Theory Approach," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 12(1), pages 67-140.
- David E. Mills, 1990. "Capacity Expansion and the Size of Plants," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(4), pages 555-566, Winter.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Du, Xiaodong, 2008. "Essays on land cash rents, biofuels, and their interactions," ISU General Staff Papers 200801010800001979, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Du, Xiaodong & Hayes, Dermot J., 2009.
"The impact of ethanol production on US and regional gasoline markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3227-3234, August.
- Xiaodong Du & Dermot J. Hayes, 2008. "Impact of Ethanol Production on U.S. and Regional Gasoline Prices and on the Profitability of the U.S. Oil Refinery Industry, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 08-wp467, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Du, Xiaodong & Hayes, Dermot J., 2010. "The Impact of Ethanol Production on U.S. And Regional Gasoline Markets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31483, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Du, Xiaodong & Hayes, Dermot J., 2009. "The impact of ethanol production on US and regional gasoline markets," ISU General Staff Papers 200908010700001547, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Yang, Shu-Jung Sunny & Anderson, Edward James, 2014. "Competition through capacity investment under asymmetric existing capacities and costs," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(1), pages 217-230.
- Möbert, Jochen, 2007. "Crude oil price determinants," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 186, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- Natalia Goncharova & Arie Oskam & Alfons Oude Lansink & Arno van der Vlist & Jos Verstegen, 2008. "Investment Spikes in Dutch Greenhouse Horticulture," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 516-536, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:24:y:2002:i:6:p:629-645. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.