An empirical exploration of the world oil price under the target zone model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- D. Chapman & N. Khanna, 2000. "World oil: the growing case for international policy," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Chapman, Duane & Khanna, Neha, 1999. "World Oil: The Growing Case For International Policy," Working Papers 7232, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Bekaert, Geert & Gray, Stephen F., 1998.
"Target zones and exchange rates:: An empirical investigation,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-35, June.
- Geert Bekaert & Stephen F. Gray, 1996. "Target Zones and Exchange Rates: An Empirical Investigation," NBER Working Papers 5445, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Flood, Robert P. & Rose, Andrew K. & Mathieson, Donald J., 1991.
"An empirical exploration of exchange-rate target-zones,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 7-65, January.
- Robert P. Flood & Andrew K. Rose & Donald J. Mathieson, 1990. "An Empirical Exploration of Exchange Rate Target-Zones," NBER Working Papers 3543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald J Mathieson & Robert P Flood & Andrew K. Rose, 1991. "An Empirical Exploration of Exchange Rate Target-Zones," IMF Working Papers 91/15, International Monetary Fund.
- Moosa, Imad A. & Silvapulle, Param, 2000. "The price-volume relationship in the crude oil futures market Some results based on linear and nonlinear causality testing," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 11-30, February.
- Lars E. O. Svensson, 1992. "An Interpretation of Recent Research on Exchange Rate Target Zones," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(4), pages 119-144, Fall.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Madan, Vibhas, 1995. "Expectations, target zones, and oil price dynamics," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 597-613, December.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1991. "Target Zones and Exchange Rate Dynamics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(3), pages 669-682.
- Griffin, James M & Xiong, Weiwen, 1997. "The Incentive to Cheat: An Empirical Analysis of OPEC," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 289-316, October.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Madan, Vibhas, 1992. "The dynamic stability of OPEC's oil price mechanism," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 65-71, January.
- Hillard G. Huntington, 1994. "Oil Price Forecasting in the 1980s: What Went Wrong?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-22.
- Morana, Claudio, 2001. "A semiparametric approach to short-term oil price forecasting," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 325-338, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wirl, Franz, 2008. "Why do oil prices jump (or fall)?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1029-1043, March.
- Melike Bildirici & Özgür Ömer Ersin, 2014. "Nonlinearity, Volatility and Fractional Integration in Daily Oil Prices: Smooth Transition Autoregressive ST-FI(AP)GARCH Models," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 108-135, October.
- Oleg Korenok & Stanislav Radchenko, 2005.
"The smooth transition autoregressive target zone model with the Gaussian stochastic volatility and TGARCH error terms with applications,"
- Oleg Korenok & Stanislav Radchenko, 2005. "The smooth transition autoregressive target zone model with the Gaussian stochastic volatility and TGARCH error terms with applications," Working Papers 0505, VCU School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Chen, Li-Ju & Ye, Chusheng & Hu, Shih-Wen & Wang, Vey & Wen, Jiandong, 2013. "The Effect of a Target Zone on the Stabilization of Agricultural Prices and Farmers' Nominal Income," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(1), April.
- Chevillon, Guillaume & Rifflart, Christine, 2009.
"Physical market determinants of the price of crude oil and the market premium,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 537-549, July.
- Chevillon, Guillaume & Rifflart, Christine, 2007. "Physical Market Determinants of the Price of Crude Oil and the Market Premium," ESSEC Working Papers DR 07020, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Slaibi, Ahmad & Chapman, Duane & Daouk, Hazem, 2005. "An Econometric Evaluation of A Geopolitical Theory of Oil Price Behavior," Working Papers 127131, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Baomin Dong & Xuefeng Li & Boqiang Lin, 2010. "Forecasting Long-Run Coal Price in China: A Shifting Trend Time-Series Approach," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(s1), pages 499-519, August.
- Ghaffari, Ali & Zare, Samaneh, 2009. "A novel algorithm for prediction of crude oil price variation based on soft computing," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 531-536, July.
- Khalid Kisswani, 2014.
"OPEC and political considerations when deciding on oil extraction,"
Journal of Economics and Finance,
Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 38(1), pages 96-118, January.
- Kisswani, Khalid, 2010. "OPEC and political considerations when deciding on oil extraction," MPRA Paper 27030, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shawkat Hammoudeh & Eisa Aleisa, 2004. "Dynamic Relationships among GCC Stock Markets and Nymex Oil Futures," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 22(2), pages 250-269, April.
- Naser, Hanan, 2016. "Estimating and forecasting the real prices of crude oil: A data rich model using a dynamic model averaging (DMA) approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 75-87.
- Bharati, Rakesh & Crain, Susan J. & Kaminski, Vincent, 2012. "Clustering in crude oil prices and the target pricing zone hypothesis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1115-1123.
- Manel Hamdi & Chaker Aloui, 2015. "Forecasting Crude Oil Price Using Artificial Neural Networks: A Literature Survey," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(2), pages 1339-1359.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Li, Huimin, 2004. "The impact of the Asian crisis on the behavior of US and international petroleum prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 135-160, January.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Li, Huimin, 2008. "Sudden changes in volatility in emerging markets: The case of Gulf Arab stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 47-63.
- Yu, Lean & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, Kin Keung, 2008. "Forecasting crude oil price with an EMD-based neural network ensemble learning paradigm," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 2623-2635, September.
- Godarzi, Ali Abbasi & Amiri, Rohollah Madadi & Talaei, Alireza & Jamasb, Tooraj, 2014. "Predicting oil price movements: A dynamic Artificial Neural Network approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 371-382.
- Radchenko, Stanislav & Shapiro, Dmitry, 2011. "Anticipated and unanticipated effects of crude oil prices and gasoline inventory changes on gasoline prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 758-769, September.
- Fan, Ying & Liang, Qiang & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2008. "A generalized pattern matching approach for multi-step prediction of crude oil price," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 889-904, May.
- Wirl, Franz, 2015. "Output adjusting cartels facing dynamic, convex demand under uncertainty: The case of OPEC," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 307-316.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Choi, Kyongwook, 2006. "Behavior of GCC stock markets and impacts of US oil and financial markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 22-44, March.
- Chen, Wei-Peng & Choudhry, Taufiq & Wu, Chih-Chiang, 2013. "The extreme value in crude oil and US dollar markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 191-210.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:24:y:2002:i:6:p:577-596. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.