NICHER: An approach to identifying defensible product positions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shaw, R W, 1982. "Product Proliferation in Characteristics Space: The U.K. Fertiliser Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 69-91, September.
- Albers, Sonke, 1979. "An extended algorithm for optimal product positioning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 222-231, May.
- Allan D. Shocker & V. Srinivasan, 1974. "A Consumer-Based Methodology for the Identification of New Product Ideas," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(6), pages 921-937, February.
- S. Chan Choi & Wayne S. Desarbo & Patrick T. Harker, 1992. "Note---A Numerical Approach to Deriving Long-Run Equilibrium Solutions in Spatial Positioning Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(1), pages 75-86, January.
- Richard Schmalensee, 1978. "Entry Deterrence in the Ready-to-Eat Breakfast Cereal Industry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 305-327, Autumn.
- D. Sudharshan & Jerrold H. May & Allan D. Shocker, 1987. "A Simulation Comparison of Methods for New Product Location," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(2), pages 182-201.
- Edward C. Prescott & Michael Visscher, 1977. "Sequential Location among Firms with Foresight," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 378-393, Autumn.
- William L. Moore & Russell S. Winer, 1987. "A Panel-Data Based Method for Merging Joint Space and Market Response Function Estimation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 25-42.
- W.J. Lane, 1980. "Product Differentiation in a Market with Endogenous Sequential Entry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 237-260, Spring.
- Schmalensee, Richard. & Thisse, Jacques François., 1985.
"Perceptual maps and the optimal location of new products,"
1722-85., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Schmalensee, R. & Thisse, J.-F., 1986. "Perceptual maps and the optimal location of new products," CORE Discussion Papers 1986020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Green, Paul E. & Krieger, Abba M., 1989. "Recent contributions to optimal product positioning and buyer segmentation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 127-141, July.
- Bezalel Gavish & Dan Horsky & Kizhanatham Srikanth, 1983. "An Approach to the Optimal Positioning of a New Product," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(11), pages 1277-1297, November.
- Hilke, John C. & Nelson, Philip B., 1987. "Caveat innovator : Strategic and structural characteristics of new product introductions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 213-229, June.
- John R. Hauser, 1988. "Note—Competitive Price and Positioning Strategies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 76-91.
- Eaton, B Curtis & Lipsey, Richard G, 1979. "The Theory of Market Pre-emption: The Persistence of Excess Capacity and Monopoly in Growing Spatial Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 46(182), pages 149-158, May.
- Bachem, A. & Simon, H., 1981. "A product positioning model with costs and prices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 362-370, August. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)