NICHER: An approach to identifying defensible product positions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shaw, R W, 1982. "Product Proliferation in Characteristics Space: The U.K. Fertiliser Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 69-91, September.
- Albers, Sonke, 1979. "An extended algorithm for optimal product positioning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 222-231, May.
- W.J. Lane, 1980. "Product Differentiation in a Market with Endogenous Sequential Entry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 11(1), pages 237-260, Spring.
- Schmalensee, Richard. & Thisse, Jacques François., 1985.
"Perceptual maps and the optimal location of new products,"
1722-85., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Schmalensee, R. & Thisse, J.-F., 1986. "Perceptual maps and the optimal location of new products," CORE Discussion Papers 1986020, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Green, Paul E. & Krieger, Abba M., 1989. "Recent contributions to optimal product positioning and buyer segmentation," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 127-141, July.
- Allan D. Shocker & V. Srinivasan, 1974. "A Consumer-Based Methodology for the Identification of New Product Ideas," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(6), pages 921-937, February.
- S. Chan Choi & Wayne S. Desarbo & Patrick T. Harker, 1992. "Note---A Numerical Approach to Deriving Long-Run Equilibrium Solutions in Spatial Positioning Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(1), pages 75-86, January.
- Richard Schmalensee, 1978. "Entry Deterrence in the Ready-to-Eat Breakfast Cereal Industry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 305-327, Autumn.
- D. Sudharshan & Jerrold H. May & Allan D. Shocker, 1987. "A Simulation Comparison of Methods for New Product Location," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(2), pages 182-201.
- Bezalel Gavish & Dan Horsky & Kizhanatham Srikanth, 1983. "An Approach to the Optimal Positioning of a New Product," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(11), pages 1277-1297, November.
- Edward C. Prescott & Michael Visscher, 1977. "Sequential Location among Firms with Foresight," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 378-393, Autumn.
- Hilke, John C. & Nelson, Philip B., 1987. "Caveat innovator : Strategic and structural characteristics of new product introductions," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 213-229, June.
- John R. Hauser, 1988. "Note—Competitive Price and Positioning Strategies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 7(1), pages 76-91.
- Eaton, B Curtis & Lipsey, Richard G, 1979. "The Theory of Market Pre-emption: The Persistence of Excess Capacity and Monopoly in Growing Spatial Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 46(182), pages 149-158, May.
- William L. Moore & Russell S. Winer, 1987. "A Panel-Data Based Method for Merging Joint Space and Market Response Function Estimation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 25-42.
- Bachem, A. & Simon, H., 1981. "A product positioning model with costs and prices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 362-370, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hansen, Pierre & Jaumard, Brigitte & Meyer, Christophe & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1998. "New algorithms for product positioning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 154-174, January.
- Furrer, Olivier & Sudharshan, Devanathan & Tsiotsou, Rodoula H. & Liu, Ben S., 2016. "A framework for innovative service design," FSES Working Papers 476, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Baier, Daniel & Gaul, Wolfgang, 1998. "Optimal product positioning based on paired comparison data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1-2), pages 365-392, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:84:y:1995:i:2:p:292-309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.