An O(T3) algorithm for the capacitated lot sizing problem with minimum order quantities
This paper explores a single-item capacitated lot sizing problem with minimum order quantity, which plays the role of minor set-up cost. We work out the necessary and sufficient solvability conditions and apply the general dynamic programming technique to develop an O(T3) exact algorithm that is based on the concept of minimal sub-problems. An investigation of the properties of the optimal solution structure allows us to construct explicit solutions to the obtained sub-problems and prove their optimality. In this way, we reduce the complexity of the algorithm considerably and confirm its efficiency in an extensive computational study.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baier, Antje & Bolle, Friedel, 2005. "Cyclical price fluctuations caused by information inertia : evidence from the German call-by-call telephone market," Discussion Papers 225, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Pichtchoulov, Grigori & Richter, Knut, 2005. "Economic effects of mobile technologies on operations of sales agents," Discussion Papers 226, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- M Perugini & J H W Tan & D J Zizzo, 2010.
"Which is the More Predictable Gender? Public Good Contribution and Personality,"
Economic Issues Journal Articles,
Economic Issues, vol. 15(1), pages 83-110, March.
- Perugini, Marco & Tan, Jonathan H. W. & Zizzo, Daniel John, 2005. "Which is the More Predictable Gender? Public Good Contribution and Personality," Discussion Papers 236, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Kritikos, Alexander S. & Bolle, Friedel, 2006. "Utility versus Income-Based Altruism," Discussion Papers 249, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Tan, Jonathan H.W., 2006. "Religion and social preferences: An experimental study," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 60-67, January.
- Bolle, Friedel & Kritikos, Alexander S., 2004. "Altruistic Behavior Under Incomplete Information," Discussion Papers 229, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Kritikos, Alexander & Bolle, Friedel, 2001. "Distributional concerns: equity- or efficiency-oriented?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 333-338, December.
- Jonathan Tan & Friedel Bolle, 2006. "On the Relative Strengths of Altruism and Fairness," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 60(1), pages 35-67, 02.
- Vogel, Claudia & Heimel, Jana & Bolle, Friedel, 2004. "Crowding out and imitation behavior in the solidarity game," Discussion Papers 223, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Friedel Bolle & Alexander Kritikos, 2006. "Reciprocity, Altruism, Solidarity: A Dynamic Model," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 60(4), pages 371-394, 06.
- Alexander Kritikos & Frank Wiesner, 2000. "Ein zweiter Kreditmarkt für eine zweite Chance," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 1(3), pages 357-378, 08.
- Tan, Jonathan H.W. & Zizzo, Daniel John, 2008. "Groups, cooperation and conflict in games," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-17, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:211:y:2011:i:3:p:507-514. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.