The determinants of firms' performance: Can finance constraints improve technical efficiency?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 1991.
"The Cleansing Effect of Recessions,"
NBER Working Papers
3922, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1989.
"Corporate structure, liquidity, and investment: evidence from Japanese industrial groups,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1991. "Corporate Structure, Liquidity, and Investment: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Groups," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 33-60.
- Ng, Serena & Schaller, Huntley, 1996.
"The Risky Spread, Investment, and Monetary Policy Transmission: Evidence on the Role of Asymmetric Information,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(3), pages 375-83, August.
- Huntley Schaller & Serena Ng, 1993. "The Risky Spread, Investment, and Monetary Policy Transmission: Evidence on the Role of Asymmetric Information," Carleton Economic Papers 93-07, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised Aug 1996.
- Ng, S. & Schaller, H., 1995. "The Risky Spread, Investment, and Monetary Policy Transmission: Evidence on the Role of Asymmetric Information," Cahiers de recherche 9515, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Ng, S. & Schaller, H., 1995. "The Risky Spread, Investment, and Monetary Policy Transmission: Evidence on the Role of Asymmetric Information," Cahiers de recherche 9515, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 1996.
"On the Timing and Efficiency of Creative Destruction,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 805-852.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 1994. "On the Timing and Efficiency of Creative Destruction," NBER Working Papers 4768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. Paci & F. Pigliaru, 1999.
"Technological Catch-Up and Regional Convergence in Europe,"
Working Paper CRENoS
199909, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Pigliaru, Francesco & Paci, Raffaele, 2000. "Technological Catch-Up And Regional Convergence In Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa00p22, European Regional Science Association.
- Toni M. Whited, 1990.
"Debt, liquidity constraints, and corporate investment: evidence from panel data,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
114, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Whited, Toni M, 1992. " Debt, Liquidity Constraints, and Corporate Investment: Evidence from Panel Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1425-60, September.
- Nickell, S. & Nicolitsas, D., 1995.
"How Does Financial Pressure Affect Firms,"
Economics Series Working Papers
99170, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Stephen Nickell & Daphne Nicolitsas, 1995. "How does financial pressure affect firms?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20698, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Stephen Nickell & D Nicolitsas, 1995. "How Does Financial Pressure Affect Firms?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0266, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2002. "The Skill Bias: Comparative evidence and an econometric test," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 347-357.
- Sergio Destefanis, 2001. "Differenziali Territoriali di Produttivita' ed Efficienza negli Anni '90: i Livelli e l'Andamento," CELPE Discussion Papers 59, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Steven Fazzari & R. Glenn Hubbard & Bruce C. Petersen, 1987.
"Financing Constraints and Corporate Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
2387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wadhwani, Sushil B, 1987. "The Effects of Inflation and Real Wages on Employment," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(213), pages 21-40, February.
- Francesco Aiello & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2000. "Uneven Regional Development in Italy: Explaining Differences in Productivity Levels," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 59(2), pages 270-298, September.
- Haskel, Jonathan & Sanchis, Amparo, 1998.
"A Bargaining Model of Farrell Inefficiency,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1902, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gertler, Mark & Gilchrist, Simon, 1993.
" The Role of Credit Market Imperfections in the Monetary Transmission Mechanism: Arguments and Evidence,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(1), pages 43-64.
- Mark Gertler & Simon Gilchrist, 1993. "The role of credit market imperfections in the monetary transmission mechanism: arguments and evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 93-5, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Martin Stephen, 1993. "Endogenous Firm Efficiency in a Cournot Principal-Agent Model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 445-450, April.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-32.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:172:y:2006:i:1:p:311-325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.