Semiparametric estimation of count regression models1
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Trognon, Alain, 1984. "Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Methods: Theory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 681-700, May.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Winkelmann, Rainer, 1995. "Duration Dependence and Dispersion in Count-Data Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(4), pages 467-474, October.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Trognon, Alain, 1984.
"Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Methods: Applications to Poisson Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 701-720, May.
- Gourieroux Christian & Monfort Alain & Trognon A, 1982. "Pseudo maximum lilelihood methods : applications to poisson models," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8203, CEPREMAP.
- Michael D. Creel & John B. Loomis, 1990. "Theoretical and Empirical Advantages of Truncated Count Data Estimators for Analysis of Deer Hunting in California," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 72(2), pages 434-441.
- Shaw, Daigee, 1988. "On-site samples' regression : Problems of non-negative integers, truncation, and endogenous stratification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 211-223, February.
- Gourieroux, C. & Visser, M., 1997. "A count data model with unobserved heterogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 247-268, August.
- Mullahy, John, 1997. "Heterogeneity, Excess Zeros, and the Structure of Count Data Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 337-350, May-June.
- Hausman, Jerry & Hall, Bronwyn H & Griliches, Zvi, 1984.
"Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 909-938, July.
- Jerry A. Hausman & Bronwyn H. Hall & Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship," NBER Technical Working Papers 0017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gallant, A Ronald & Nychka, Douglas W, 1987. "Semi-nonparametric Maximum Likelihood Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 363-390, March.
- Gurmu, Shiferaw, 1997. "Semi-Parametric Estimation of Hurdle Regression Models with an Application to Medicaid Utilization," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 225-243, May-June.
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
- R. Turner & H.S.D. Cole, 1980. "An Investigation into the Estimation and Reliability of Urban Shopping Models," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 17(2), pages 139-157, June.
- Terza, Joseph V., 1985. "A Tobit-type estimator for the censored Poisson regression model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 361-365.
- Gurmu, Shiferaw & Trivedi, Pravin K., 1992. "Overdispersion tests for truncated Poisson regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 347-370.
- Grogger, J T & Carson, Richard T, 1991. "Models for Truncated Counts," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 225-238, July-Sept.
- Gurmu, Shiferaw, 1991. "Tests for Detecting Overdispersion in the Positive Poisson Regression Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(2), pages 215-222, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefan Boes, 2010. "Count Data Models with Correlated Unobserved Heterogeneity," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 37(3), pages 382-402.
- A. Colin Cameron & Per Johansson, 2004. "Bivariate Count Data Regression Using Series Expansions: With Applications," Working Papers 9815, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Margarita E. Romero Rodríguez & Enrique Los Arcos & Victor Cano Fernández & Miguel Sánchez Padrón, 2001. "Modelo para datos de recuentro de corte transversal con exceso de ceros. Aplicación a citas patentes," Documentos de trabajo conjunto ULL-ULPGC 2001-05, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas de la ULPGC.
- Shiferaw Gurmu & Fidel Pérez-Sebastián, 2008.
"Patents, R&D and lag effects: evidence from flexible methods for count panel data on manufacturing firms,"
Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 507-526, November.
- Fidel Pérez Sebastián & Shiferaw Gurmu, 2007. "Patents, R&D And Lag Effects: Evidence From Flexible Methods For Count Panel Data On Manufacturing Firms," Working Papers. Serie AD 2007-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2007. "Corruption and Socioeconomics Determinants:Empirical Evidence of Twenty Nine Countries," MPRA Paper 2874, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Halkos, George, 2005. "Determining empirically behavioral and fundamental factors of discounts on closed end funds," MPRA Paper 49280, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Creel & Montserrat Farell, 2005. "Modeling Usage of Medical Care Services: The Medical Expenditure Panel Survey Data, 1996-2000," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 646.05, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Andrés Romeu & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2005.
"Counts with an endogenous binary regressor: A series expansion approach,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Andrés Romeu & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2004. "Counts With An Endogenous Binary Regressor: A Series Expansion Approach," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-36, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- José Santos & M. Neves, 2008. "A local maximum likelihood estimator for Poisson regression," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 257-270, November.
- George Emm. Halkos & Nickolaos G. Tzeremes, 2007. "An Empirical Analysis of Socioeconomic Patterns of Host Country Transparency," International Journal of Business and Economics, College of Business and College of Finance, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 6(2), pages 161-177, August.
- Glenn Ellison & Ashley Swanson, 2012.
"Heterogeneity in High Math Achievement Across Schools: Evidence from the American Mathematics Competitions,"
NBER Working Papers
18277, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glenn Ellison & Ashley Swanson, 2012. "Heterogeneity in High Math Achievement Across Schools: Evidence from the American Mathematics Competition," CESifo Working Paper Series 3903, CESifo Group Munich.
- Sarker, Rakhal & Surry, Yves R., 2003. "The Fast Decay Process In Recreational Demand Activities And The Use Of Alternative Count Data Models," Working Papers 34147, University of Guelph, Department of Food, Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Halkos, George, 2008. "The influence of stress and satisfaction on productivity," MPRA Paper 39654, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefan Boes, 2007. "Count Data Models with Unobserved Heterogeneity: An Empirical Likelihood Approach," SOI - Working Papers 0704, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:88:y:1998:i:1:p:123-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconom .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.