Estimating the Recreation Value of Ecosystems by Using a Travel Cost Method Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. M. C. Santos Silva, 2003. "A note on the estimation of mixture models under endogenous sampling," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 6(1), pages 46-52, June.
- Jeffrey Englin & Klaus Moeltner, 2004. "The Value of Snowfall to Skiers and Boarders," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(1), pages 123-136, September.
- John Crooker, 2004. "Valuing Resource Access with Seminonparametric Techniques: An Application to Clear Lake," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 04-wp352, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Pizer, William A., 1999. "The optimal choice of climate change policy in the presence of uncertainty," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3-4), pages 255-287, August.
- Cropper, Maureen L & Aydede, Sema K & Portney, Paul R, 1994. "Preferences for Life Saving Programs: How the Public Discounts Time and Age," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 243-265, May.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Shaw, Daigee, 1988. "On-site samples' regression : Problems of non-negative integers, truncation, and endogenous stratification," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 211-223, February.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 2001.
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 260-271, March.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1998. "Gamma Discounting," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1843, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Englin, Jeffrey & Shonkwiler, J S, 1995. "Estimating Social Welfare Using Count Data Models: An Application to Long-Run Recreation Demand under Conditions of Endogenous Stratification and Truncation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 104-112, February.
- Daniel Hellerstein & Robert Mendelsohn, 1993. "A Theoretical Foundation for Count Data Models," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(3), pages 604-611.
- Horowitz, John K. & McConnell, Kenneth E., 2002. "A Review of WTA/WTP Studies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 426-447, November.
- A. Colin Cameron & Pravin K. Trivedi, 1986.
"Econometric models based on count data. Comparisons and applications of some estimators and tests,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 29-53, January.
- Cameron, A Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1986. "Econometric Models Based on Count Data: Comparisons and Applications of Some Estimators and Tests," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 29-53, January.
- George Loewenstein & Drazen Prelec, 1992. "Anomalies in Intertemporal Choice: Evidence and an Interpretation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 573-597.
- Hof, John G. & King, David A., 1992. "Recreational demand by tourists for saltwater beach days: Comment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 281-291, May.
- Thaler, Richard, 1981. "Some empirical evidence on dynamic inconsistency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 201-207.
- Farber, Stephen C. & Costanza, Robert & Wilson, Matthew A., 2002. "Economic and ecological concepts for valuing ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 375-392, June.
- Bell, Frederick W. & Leeworthy, Vernon R., 1990. "Recreational demand by tourists for saltwater beach days," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 189-205, May.
- Lankford, R. Hamilton, 1988. "Measuring welfare changes in settings with imposed quantities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 45-63, March.
- William D. Nordhaus & David Popp, 1997.
"What is the Value of Scientific Knowledge? An Application to Global Warming Using the PRICE Model,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-45.
- William D. Nordhaus & David Popp, 1996. "What is the Value of Scientific Knowledge? An Application to Global Warming Using the PRICE Model," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1117, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- W. Michael Hanemann, 1980. "Measuring the Worth of Natural Resource Facilities: Comment," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 56(4), pages 482-486.
- Loewenstein, George & Thaler, Richard H, 1989. "Intertemporal Choice," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 181-193, Fall.
- Kalyan Chakraborty & John Keith, 2000. "Estimating the Recreation Demand and Economic Value of Mountain Biking in Moab, Utah: An Application of Count Data Models," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(4), pages 461-469.
- Font, Antoni Riera, 2000. "Mass Tourism and the Demand for Protected Natural Areas: A Travel Cost Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 97-116, January.
- Grogger, J T & Carson, Richard T, 1991. "Models for Truncated Counts," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 225-238, July-Sept.
- Gurmu, Shiferaw, 1991. "Tests for Detecting Overdispersion in the Positive Poisson Regression Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(2), pages 215-222, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:27:y:2017:i:pa:p:48-57 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRecreation Use Value; Ecosystem; Estimation; Travel Cost Method; Welfare Measures; Count Data Models.;
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- D1 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENV-2005-08-13 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2005-08-13 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TUR-2005-08-13 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ise:isegwp:wp82005. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vitor Escaria). General contact details of provider: https://aquila1.iseg.ulisboa.pt/aquila/departamentos/EC .