Corruption and Socioeconomics Determinants:Empirical Evidence of Twenty Nine Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gurmu, Shiferaw & Rilstone, Paul & Stern, Steven, 1998. "Semiparametric estimation of count regression models1," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 123-150, November.
- Mohsin Habib & Leon Zurawicki, 2002. "Corruption and Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(2), pages 291-307, June.
- Mr. Vito Tanzi & Mr. Hamid R Davoodi, 1997. "Corruption, Public Investment, and Growth," IMF Working Papers 1997/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Christopher J. Robertson & Andrew Watson, 2004. "Corruption and change: the impact of foreign direct investment," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(4), pages 385-396, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- George Emm. Halkos & Nickolaos G. Tzeremes, 2007. "An Empirical Analysis of Socioeconomic Patterns of Host Country Transparency," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 6(2), pages 161-177, August.
- Jan Hanousek & Evžen Kočenda, 2011.
"Public Investment and Fiscal Performance in the New EU Member States,"
Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 32(1), pages 43-71, March.
- Jan HANOUSEK & Evžen KOČENDA, 2010. "Public investment and fiscal performance in new EU member states," Departmental Working Papers 2010-07, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda, 2010. "Public Investment and Fiscal Performance in New EU Member States," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1006, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ndiaye Cheikh Tidiane, 2019. "Corruption, Investment and Economic Growth in WAEMU Countries," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 11(4), pages 30-39, April.
- Bersan Haliti & Safet Merovci, 2020. "The Impact of the Investment Environment on Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the European Transition Economies," Economic Alternatives, University of National and World Economy, Sofia, Bulgaria, issue 1, pages 138-147, March.
- Eugen Dimant & Guglielmo Tosato, 2018.
"Causes And Effects Of Corruption: What Has Past Decade'S Empirical Research Taught Us? A Survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 335-356, April.
- Dimant, Eugen, 2014. "The Antecedents and Effects of Corruption - A Reassessment of Current (Empirical) Findings," MPRA Paper 60947, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dimant, Eugen & Tosato, Guglielmo, 2017. "Causes and Effects of Corruption: What has Past Decade's Research Taught us? A Survey," MPRA Paper 76445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ruth Aguilera & Abhijeet Vadera, 2008. "The Dark Side of Authority: Antecedents, Mechanisms, and Outcomes of Organizational Corruption," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 77(4), pages 431-449, February.
- Ali T. Akarca & Aysit Tansel, 2012.
"Turkish Voter Response to Government Incompetence and Corruption Related to the 1999 Earthquakes,"
ERC Working Papers
1202, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Jan 2012.
- Akarca, Ali T. & Tansel, Aysit, 2012. "Turkish voter response to government incompetence and corruption related to the 1999 earthquakes," MPRA Paper 35894, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aysit Tansel & Ali T. Akarca, 2012. "Turkish Voter Response to Government Incompetence and Corruption Related to the 1999 Earthquakes," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1204, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Andrew G Ross & Maktoba Omar & Anqi Xu & Samikshya Pandey, 2019. "The impact of institutional quality on Chinese foreign direct investment in Africa," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 34(6), pages 572-588, September.
- Lindsey Carson & Mariana Mota Prado, 2014. "Mapping Corruption and its Institutional Determinants in Brazil," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series iriba_wp08, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Seung-Hyun Lee & Kyeungrae Oh, 2007. "Corruption in Asia: Pervasiveness and arbitrariness," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 97-114, March.
- Ali T. Akarca & Aysit Tansel, 2008.
"Impact of the 1999 Earthquakes on the Outcome of the 2002 Parliamentary Election in Turkey,"
ERC Working Papers
0801, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Apr 2008.
- Akarca, Ali T. & Tansel, Aysit, 2008. "Impact of the 1999 Earthquakes on the Outcome of the 2002 Parliamentary Election in Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 3466, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Agata Stachowicz-Stanusch & Aditya Simha, 2013. "An empirical investigation of the effects of ethical climates on organizational corruption," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(sup1), pages 433-446, June.
- Bailey, Nicholas, 2018. "Exploring the relationship between institutional factors and FDI attractiveness: A meta-analytic review," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 139-148.
- El-Helaly, Moataz & Ntim, Collins G. & Al-Gazzar, Manar, 2020. "Diffusion theory, national corruption and IFRS adoption around the world," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 38(C).
- Bakri Abdul Karim & Zulkeﬂy Abdul Karim & Mohamad Naufal Nasharuddin, 2018. "Corruption and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in ASEAN-5: A Panel Evidence," Economics and Finance in Indonesia, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, vol. 64, pages 145-156, Desember.
- Bin Dong & Benno Torgler, 2010.
"The Consequences of Corruption: Evidence from China,"
2010.73, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bin Dong & Benno Torgler, 2010. "The Consequences of Corruption: Evidence from China," CREMA Working Paper Series 2010-06, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Charles E. Bryant & Rajshekhar G. Javalgi, 2016. "Global Economic Integration in Developing Countries: The Role of Corruption and Human Capital Investment," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 437-450, July.
- Seung-Hyun Lee & Sungjin Hong, 2012. "Corruption and subsidiary profitability: US MNC subsidiaries in the Asia Pacific region," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 949-964, December.
- Manuel Portugal Ferreira & Helder Costa Carreira & Dan Li & Fernando Ribeiro Serra, 2016. "The Moderating Effect of Home Country Corruption on the Host Country’s Ability to Attract FDI," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 13(4), pages 94-117, July.
More about this item
KeywordsPerceived transparency; business ethics; cultural dimensions; factor analysis; logistic regression; DEA;
All these keywords.
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- M20 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-POL-2007-05-12 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2007-05-12 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:2874. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.