Welfare measurement bias in household and on-site surveying of water-based recreation : an application to Lake Sevan, Armenia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shaw, W. Douglass & Jakus, Paul M., 1996.
"Travel Cost Models Of The Demand For Rock Climbing,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 25(2), pages 1-10, October.
- Shaw, W. Douglass & Jakus, Paul, 1996. "Travel Cost Models of the Demand for Rock Climbing," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 133-142, October.
- Englin, Jeffrey & Shonkwiler, J S, 1995. "Estimating Social Welfare Using Count Data Models: An Application to Long-Run Recreation Demand under Conditions of Endogenous Stratification and Truncation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 104-112, February.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Shaw, Daigee, 1988.
"On-site samples' regression : Problems of non-negative integers, truncation, and endogenous stratification,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 211-223, February.
- Shaw, Daigee, 1987. "On-Site Samples' Regression: Problems of Nonnegative Integers, Truncation, and Endogenous Stratification," Discussion Papers 256063, Chung-Hua Institution for Economic Research.
- Gurmu, Shiferaw & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1996. "Excess Zeros in Count Models for Recreational Trips," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 14(4), pages 469-477, October.
- Daniel M. Hellerstein, 1991.
"Using Count Data Models in Travel Cost Analysis with Aggregate Data,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 73(3), pages 860-866.
- Hellerstein, Daniel, 1991. "Using Count Data Models in Travel Cost Analysis with Aggregate Data," MPRA Paper 25264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cameron, A Colin & Trivedi, Pravin K, 1986.
"Econometric Models Based on Count Data: Comparisons and Applications of Some Estimators and Tests,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 29-53, January.
- A. Colin Cameron & Pravin K. Trivedi, 1986. "Econometric models based on count data. Comparisons and applications of some estimators and tests," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 1(1), pages 29-53, January.
- Mullahy, John, 1986. "Specification and testing of some modified count data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 341-365, December.
- David Scrogin & Kevin Boyle & George Parsons & Andrew J. Plantinga, 2004. "Effects of Regulations on Expected Catch, Expected Harvest, and Site Choice of Recreational Anglers," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(4), pages 963-974.
- Hausman, Jerry & Hall, Bronwyn H & Griliches, Zvi, 1984.
"Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(4), pages 909-938, July.
- Jerry A. Hausman & Bronwyn H. Hall & Zvi Griliches, 1984. "Econometric Models for Count Data with an Application to the Patents-R&D Relationship," NBER Technical Working Papers 0017, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grogger, J T & Carson, Richard T, 1991. "Models for Truncated Counts," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 225-238, July-Sept.
- Gourieroux, Christian & Monfort, Alain & Trognon, Alain, 1984. "Pseudo Maximum Likelihood Methods: Theory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 681-700, May.
- Shonkwiler, John Scott & Shaw, W. Douglass, 1996. "Hurdle Count-Data Models In Recreation Demand Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(2), pages 1-10, December.
- Joseph Hilbe, 1999. "Zero-truncated Poisson and negative binomial regression," Stata Technical Bulletin, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(47).
- Timothy C. Haab & Kenneth E. McConnell, 1996. "Count Data Models and the Problem of Zeros in Recreation Demand Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(1), pages 89-102.
- John Curtis, 2003. "Demand for Water-based Leisure Activity," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 65-77.
- Roberto Martinez-Espineira & Joe Amoako-Tuffour, 2005. "Recreation Demand Analysis under Truncation, Overdispersion, and Endogenous Stratification: An Application to Gros Morne National Park," Econometrics 0511007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hynes, Stephen & Oâ€™Reilly, Paul & Corless, Rebecca, 2015. "An on-site versus a household survey approach to modelling the demand for recreational angling: Do welfare estimates differ?," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 136-145.
- Marini Govigli, Valentino & Górriz-Mifsud, Elena & Varela, Elsa, 2019. "Zonal travel cost approaches to assess recreational wild mushroom picking value: Trade-offs between online and onsite data collection strategies," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 51-65.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport Economics Policy&Planning; Economic Theory&Research; Science Education; Scientific Research&Science Parks; Roads&Highways;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3932. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.