Bayesian inference and state number determination for hidden Markov models: an application to the information content of the yield curve about inflation
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jorion, Philippe & Mishkin, Frederic, 1991.
"A multicountry comparison of term-structure forecasts at long horizons,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 59-80, March.
- Philippe Jorion & Frederic Mishkin, 1991. "A Multi-Country Comparison of Term Structure Forecasts at Long Horizons," NBER Working Papers 3574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicolas Chopin, 2001. "Sequential Inference and State Number Determination for Discrete State-Space Models through Particle Filtering," Working Papers 2001-34, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Tzavalis, E. & Wickens, M.R., 1995.
"Forecasting Inflation from the Term Structure,"
9519, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Fruhwirth-Schnatter S., 2001. "Markov Chain Monte Carlo Estimation of Classical and Dynamic Switching and Mixture Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 194-209, March.
- Éric Jondeau & Roland Ricart, 1999.
"Le contenu en information de la pente des taux : application au cas des titres publics français,"
Économie et Prévision,
Programme National Persée, vol. 140(4), pages 1-20.
- Jondeau, E. & Ricart, R., 1997. "Le contenu en information de la pente des taux : application au cas des titres publics français," Working papers 43, Banque de France.
- Robert J. Shiller & John Y. Campbell & Kermit L. Schoenholtz, 1983.
"Forward Rates and Future Policy: Interpreting the Term Structure of Interest Rates,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
667, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert J. Shiller & John Y. Campbell & Kermit L. Schoenholtz, 1983. "Forward Rates and Future Policy: Interpreting the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 14(1), pages 173-224.
- Gerlach, Stefan, 1995.
"The Information Content of the Term Structure: Evidence for Germany,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1264, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gerlach, Stefan, 1997. "The Information Content of the Term Structure: Evidence for Germany," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 161-79.
- Stefan Gerlach, 1995. "The information content of the term structure: evidence for Germany," BIS Working Papers 29, Bank for International Settlements.
- Nicolas Chopin, 2002.
"A sequential particle filter method for static models,"
Biometrika Trust, vol. 89(3), pages 539-552, August.
- Nicolas Chopin, 2000. "A Sequential Particle Filter Method for Static Models," Working Papers 2000-45, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1990. "The Information in the Longer Maturity Term Structure about Future Inflation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 815-828.
- Sharon Kozicki & P.A.Tinsley, 2001.
"What do you expect? : imperfect policy credibility and tests of the expectations hypothesis?,"
Research Working Paper
RWP 01-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Kozicki, Sharon & Tinsley, P.A., 2005. "What do you expect? Imperfect policy credibility and tests of the expectations hypothesis," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 421-447, March.
- Hamilton, James D., 1996. "Specification testing in Markov-switching time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 127-157, January.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-84, March.
- Walter R. Gilks & Carlo Berzuini, 2001. "Following a moving target-Monte Carlo inference for dynamic Bayesian models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(1), pages 127-146.
- Kim, Chang-Jin & Nelson, Charles R. & Startz, Richard, 1998. "Testing for mean reversion in heteroskedastic data based on Gibbs-sampling-augmented randomization1," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 131-154, June.
- Hamilton, James D., 1990. "Analysis of time series subject to changes in regime," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 39-70.
- L. Wasserman, 2000. "Asymptotic inference for mixture models by using data-dependent priors," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(1), pages 159-180.
- Goldfeld, Stephen M. & Quandt, Richard E., 1973. "A Markov model for switching regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-15, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:123:y:2004:i:2:p:327-344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.