Can the intertemporal budget constraint explain the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tesar, Linda L., 1991.
"Savings, investment and international capital flows,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 55-78, August.
- Tesar, L.L., 1988. "Savings, Investment And International Capital Flows," Papers 64, Brookings Institution - Working Papers.
- Tesar, L.L., 1988. "Savings, Investment And International Capital Flows," RCER Working Papers 154, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Coakley, Jerry & Kulasi, Farida & Smith, Ron, 1996. "Current Account Solvency and the Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(436), pages 620-627, May.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1988. "Tax Policy and International Competitiveness," NBER Chapters,in: International Aspects of Fiscal Policies, pages 349-386 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kremers, Jeroen J M & Ericsson, Neil R & Dolado, Juan J, 1992. "The Power of Cointegration Tests," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 54(3), pages 325-348, August.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995.
"Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992. "Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Alessandro Penati & Michael Dooley, 1984. "Current Account Imbalances and Capital Formation in Industrial Countries, 1949-81 (DÃ©sÃ©quilibres des transactions courantes et formation de capital dans les pays industrialisÃ©s, 1949-81) (Los deseq," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 31(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1986.
"Capital mobility in the world economy: Theory and measurement,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 55-103, January.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1985. "Capital Mobility in the World Economy: Theory and Measurement," NBER Working Papers 1692, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980. "Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- Sinn, Stefan, 1992. "Saving-Investment Correlations and Capital Mobility: On the Evidence from Annual Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1162-1170, September.
- Jos Jansen, W, 1996. "Estimating saving-investment correlations: evidence for OECD countries based on an error correction model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 749-781, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- De Vita, Glauco & Abbott, Andrew, 2002. "Are saving and investment cointegrated? An ARDL bounds testing approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 293-299, October.
- Herwartz, H. & Xu, F., 2010.
"A functional coefficient model view of the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 37-54, February.
- Herwartz, Helmut & Xu, Fang, 2007. "A functional coefficient model view of the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle," Economics Working Papers 2007-14, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2006. "Mobilidade do Capital e Sustentabilidade Externa: uma aplicação da tese de F-H a Portugal (1910-2004)," GEMF Working Papers 2006-04, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- W. Jansen, 1998. "Interpreting Saving-Investment Correlations," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 207-219, July.
- Rajarshi Mitra, 2015. "Saving-Investment Correlation and Capital Flows: The Philippines 1960-2014," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2853-2861.
- Eslamloueyan, Karim & Jafari, Mahbobeh, 2010. "Capital mobility, openness, and saving-investment relationship in Asia," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1246-1252, September.
- Eleftherios Makedonas & Stavros Tsopoglou, 2013. "Does Accounting for Foreign Capital Flows help to solve the Feldstein and Horioka Puzzle? The Case of Norway," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 18(1), pages 39-56, March.
- G. Rossini & P. Zanghieri, 2003. "A simple test of the role of foreign direct investment in the Feldstein- Horioka puzzle," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 39-41.
- Chu, Kam Hon, 2012. "The Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle and Spurious Ratio Correlation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 292-309.
- Taylor, Alan M., 2002. "A century of current account dynamics," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 725-748, November.
- João Sousa Andrade, 2007. "L’Intégration Européenne et la Soutenabilité Externe de l’Union Européenne: une application de la thèse de Feldstein-Horioka," GEMF Working Papers 2007-05, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Chakrabarti, Avik, 2006. "The saving-investment relationship revisited: New evidence from multivariate heterogeneous panel cointegration analyses," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 402-419, June.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00186 is not listed on IDEAS
- Payne, James E., 2005. "Savings-investment dynamics in Mexico," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-534, July.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Tsoumas, Chris, 2009. "A survey of the Feldstein-Horioka puzzle: What has been done and where we stand," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 64-76, June.
- Jerry Coakley & Ana-Maria Fuertes & Fabio Spagnolo, 2004. "The Feldstein-Horioka puzzle is not as bad as you think," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003 17, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Busl, Claudia & Iliewa, Zwetelina & Jokisch, Sabine & Kappler, Marcus & Roscher, Thomas & Schindler, Felix & Schleer, Frauke, 2012. "Endbericht an das Bundesministerium der Finanzen zum Forschungsauftrag fe 11/11: "Sparen und Investieren vor dem Hintergrund des demografischen Wandels"," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, number 110554.
- Chortareas Georgios E & Kapetanios George & Uctum Merih, 2004. "An Investigation of Current Account Solvency in Latin America Using Non Linear Nonstationarity Tests," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-19, March.
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:62:y:2017:i:02:n:s0217590815500976 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yannick BINEAU, "undated". "A Empirical Assessment of the Feldstein and Horioka Literature," EcoMod2010 259600030, EcoMod.
- James Payne & Hassan Mohammadi, 2006. "Capital mobility and savings-investment correlations: panel data evidence from transition economies," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(10), pages 611-613.
- Chen, Shyh-Wei & Shen, Chung-Hua, 2015. "Revisiting the Feldstein–Horioka puzzle with regime switching: New evidence from European countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 260-269.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:56:y:1997:i:1:p:77-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.