On competition for listings
We construct a model whereby stock exchanges take a new role as an information intermediary, notably absent in their roles. We show that exchanges differentiate themselves at subgame perfect equilibrium and will not race to the top or to the bottom.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yates, Andrew J., 1997. "Hotelling and the New York stock exchange," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 107-110, September.
- Beladi, Hamid & Oladi, Reza, 2011. "An elementary proposition on technical progress and non-traded goods," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 68-71, January.
- Tay, Nicholas S.P. & Oladi, Reza, 2011. "Listings from the emerging economies: An opportunity for reputable stock exchanges," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 388-394, June.
- Craig Doidge & G. Andrew Karolyi & Rene M. Stulz, 2001.
"Why are Foreign Firms Listed in the U.S. Worth More?,"
NBER Working Papers
8538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Stulz, Rene M., 2004. "Why are foreign firms listed in the U.S. worth more?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 205-238, February.
- Spence, A Michael, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-74, August.
- Marjit, Sugata, 2007. "Trade theory and the role of time zones," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 153-160.
- Oladi, Reza & Beladi, Hamid & Chau, Nancy, 2008. "Multinational corporations and export quality," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 147-155, January.
- Cihák, Martin & Podpiera, Richard, 2008. "Integrated financial supervision: Which model?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 135-152, August.
- Akerlof, George A, 1970. "The Market for 'Lemons': Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500, August.
- Bond, Eric, 2005. "Market linkages with fragmented production," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 119-135, March.
- Chakrabarti, Avik, 2003. "A theory of the spatial distribution of foreign direct investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 149-169.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Fulghieri, Paolo, 2006. "Competition and cooperation among exchanges: A theory of cross-listing and endogenous listing standards," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 455-489, November.
- Van Long, Ngo & Riezman, Raymond & Soubeyran, Antoine, 2005. "Fragmentation and services," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 137-152, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:114:y:2012:i:3:p:315-318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.