On competition for listings
We construct a model whereby stock exchanges take a new role as an information intermediary, notably absent in their roles. We show that exchanges differentiate themselves at subgame perfect equilibrium and will not race to the top or to the bottom.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Stulz, Rene M., 2004.
"Why are foreign firms listed in the U.S. worth more?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 205-238, February.
- Craig Doidge & G. Andrew Karolyi & Rene M. Stulz, 2001. "Why are Foreign Firms Listed in the U.S. Worth More?," NBER Working Papers 8538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beladi, Hamid & Oladi, Reza, 2011. "An elementary proposition on technical progress and non-traded goods," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 68-71, January.
- Oladi, Reza & Beladi, Hamid & Chau, Nancy, 2008. "Multinational corporations and export quality," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 147-155, January.
- Chakrabarti, Avik, 2003. "A theory of the spatial distribution of foreign direct investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 149-169.
- Cihák, Martin & Podpiera, Richard, 2008. "Integrated financial supervision: Which model?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 135-152, August.
- Van Long, Ngo & Riezman, Raymond & Soubeyran, Antoine, 2005. "Fragmentation and services," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 137-152, March.
- Bond, Eric, 2005. "Market linkages with fragmented production," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 119-135, March.
- Yates, Andrew J., 1997. "Hotelling and the New York stock exchange," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 107-110, September.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Fulghieri, Paolo, 2006. "Competition and cooperation among exchanges: A theory of cross-listing and endogenous listing standards," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 455-489, November.
- Tay, Nicholas S.P. & Oladi, Reza, 2011. "Listings from the emerging economies: An opportunity for reputable stock exchanges," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 388-394, June.
- Marjit, Sugata, 2007. "Trade theory and the role of time zones," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 153-160.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:114:y:2012:i:3:p:315-318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.