Competition and cooperation among exchanges: A theory of cross-listing and endogenous listing standards
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David Kreps & Robert Wilson, 1999.
"Reputation and Imperfect Information,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
238, David K. Levine.
- Tano Santos & José A. Scheinkman, 2000.
"Competition Among Exchanges,"
CRSP working papers
514, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Shahrokh M Saudagaran & Gary C Biddle, 1995. "Foreign Listing Location: A Study of MNCs and Stock Exchanges in Eight Countries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(2), pages 319-341, June.
- Lau, Sie Ting & Diltz, J. David & Apilado, Vincent P., 1994. "Valuation effects of international stock exchange listings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 743-755, September.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J & Fulghieri, Paolo, 1994. " Investment Bank Reputation, Information Production, and Financial Intermediation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 57-79, March.
- Kreps, David M & Wilson, Robert, 1982.
Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 863-94, July.
- Huddart, Steven & Hughes, John S. & Brunnermeier, Markus, 1999.
"Disclosure requirements and stock exchange listing choice in an international context,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 237-269, January.
- John S. Hughes & Steven Huddart & Markus K Brunnermeier, 1998. "Disclosure Requirements and Stock Exchange Listing Choice in an International Context," FMG Discussion Papers dp282, Financial Markets Group.
- Jayaraman, Narayanan & Shastri, Kuldeep & Tandon, Kishore, 1993. "The impact of international cross listings on risk and return : The evidence from American depository receipts," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 91-103, February.
- Shahrokh M Saudagaran, 1988. "An Empirical Study of Selected Factors Influencing the Decision to List on Foreign Stock Exchanges," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(1), pages 101-127, March.
- Blass, Asher & Yafeh, Yishay, 2001. "Vagabond shoes longing to stray: Why foreign firms list in the United States," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 555-572, March.
- Stulz, Rene M, 1981. "On the Effects of Barriers to International Investment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 923-34, September.
- Stephen R Foerster & G Andrew Karolyi, 1993. "International Listings of Stocks: The Case of Canada and the U.S," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(4), pages 763-784, December.
- Milgrom, Paul R, 1981. "Rational Expectations, Information Acquisition, and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 921-43, June.
- Marco Pagano & Ailsa A. Röell & Josef Zechner, 2002.
"The Geography of Equity Listing: Why Do Companies List Abroad?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2651-2694, December.
- Pagano, Marco & Röell, Ailsa A & Zechner, Josef, 2001. "The Geography of Equity Listing: Why Do Companies List Abroad?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Pagano & Ailsa A. Roell & Joseph Zechner, 1999. "The Geography of Equity Listing; Why Do Companies List Abroad?," CSEF Working Papers 28, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 Sep 2001.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J & Fulghieri, Paolo, 1999. "A Theory of the Going-Public Decision," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(2), pages 249-79.
- Allen, Franklin & Faulhaber, Gerald R., 1989. "Signalling by underpricing in the IPO market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 303-323, August.
- Alexander, Gordon J. & Eun, Cheol S. & Janakiramanan, S., 1988. "International Listings and Stock Returns: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(02), pages 135-151, June.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J, 1993. " The Pricing of Initial Public Offerings: A Dynamic Model with Information Production," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 285-304, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfinec:v:82:y:2006:i:2:p:455-489. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.