Prečo sú niektoré sektory v tranzitívnych ekonomikách menej reformované ako ostatné? prípad výskumu a vzdelávania v oblasti ekonómie
[Why some sectors of transition economies are less reformed than others? the case of economic research and education]
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Falcetti, Elisabetta & Raiser, Martin & Sanfey, Peter, 2002. "Defying the Odds: Initial Conditions, Reforms, and Growth in the First Decade of Transition," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 229-250, June.
- George J. Stigler, 1971. "The Theory of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 3-21, Spring.
- Charles I. Jones & John C. Williams, 1998.
"Measuring the Social Return to R&D,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1119-1135.
- Charles I. Jones & John C. Williams, "undated". "Measuring the Social Return to R&D," Working Papers 97002, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Charles I. Jones & John C. Williams, 1997. "Measuring the social return to R&D," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-12, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Sachs, Jeffrey D, 1992. "Privatization in Russia: Some Lessons from Eastern Europe," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 43-48, May.
- Berthold U. Wigger & Robert K. von Weizs?cker, 2001. "Risk, Resources, and Education: Public Versus Private Financing of Higher Education," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(3), pages 1-6.
- František Turnovec, 2005. "Institutional Research Capital and Individual Performance of Economists in the CR (in Czech)," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 55(11-12), pages 531-545, November.
- Andreoni, James, 1988. "Privately provided public goods in a large economy: The limits of altruism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 57-73, February.
- Evan Kraft & Milan Vodopoviec, 2003. "The new kids on the block: The entry of private business schools in transition economies," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 239-257.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pavel Ciaian & Jan Pokrivcak, 2005. "Why Some Sectors of Transition Economies are less Reformed than Others? The Case of Research and Education," EERI Research Paper Series EERI_RP_2005_02, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Helmuth Cremer & Jacques Crémer, 1993. "L'apport des théories économiques récentes à la planification indicative," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 44(1), pages 57-74.
- Azuero, Francisco & Guzmán, Alexander & Trujillo, María Andréa, 2011. "Contratos de Estabilidad Jurídica en Colombia (CEJ): ¿información asimétrica, inconsistencia intertemporal o captura de la autoridad tributaria?," Galeras. Working Papers Series 031, Universidad de Los Andes. Facultad de Administración. School of Management.
- Rodrigo M. S. Moita & Claudio Paiva, 2013.
"Political Price Cycles in Regulated Industries: Theory and Evidence,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 94-121, February.
- Moita, Rodrigo M. & Paiva, Claudio, 2006. "Political Price Cycles in Regulated Industries: Theory and Evidence," Insper Working Papers wpe_55, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Rodrigo Menon S. Moita & Claudio Paiva, 2006. "Political Price Cycles In Regulated Industries: Theory And Evidence," Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 126, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Feser, Daniel & Runst, Petrik, 2015. "Energy efficiency consultants as change agents? Examining the reasons for EECs’ limited success," ifh Working Papers 1 (2015), Volkswirtschaftliches Institut für Mittelstand und Handwerk an der Universität Göttingen (ifh).
- Michele Dell'Era & Luis Santos-Pinto, 2011. "Entrepreneurial Overconfidence, Self-Financing and Capital Market Efficiency," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie 11.06, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie, revised Nov 2012.
- Anna Nagurney & Dong Li, 2014. "Equilibria and dynamics of supply chain network competition with information asymmetry in quality and minimum quality standards," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 285-315, July.
- Itzhak Gilboa & Andrew Postlewaite & Larry Samuelson & David Schmeidler, 2011.
"Economic Models as Analogies,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
12-001, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Itzhak Gilboa & Andrew Postlewaite & Larry Samuelson & David Schmeidler, 2011. "Economic Models as Analogies, Second Version," PIER Working Paper Archive 12-030, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 31 Jul 2012.
- Itzhak Gilboa & Andrew Postlewaite & Larry Samuelson & David Schmeidler, 2012. "Economic Models as Analogies, Third Version," PIER Working Paper Archive 13-007, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 27 Jan 2013.
- Dato, Simon & Grunewald, Andreas & Kräkel, Matthias & Müller, Daniel, 2016. "Asymmetric employer information, promotions, and the wage policy of firms," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 273-300.
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & John A. List, 2019.
"How natural field experiments have enhanced our understanding of unemployment,"
Nature Human Behaviour, Nature, vol. 3(1), pages 33-39, January.
- Omar Al-Ubaydli & John List, 2019. "How natural field experiments have enhanced our understanding of unemployment," Natural Field Experiments 00649, The Field Experiments Website.
- Bauchet, Jonathan & Chakravarty, Sugato & Hunter, Brian, 2018. "Separating the wheat from the chaff: Signaling in microfinance loans," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 40-50.
- Mustaruddin Mustaruddin & Aristya Dinata & Wendy Wendy & Anwar Azazi, 2017. "Asymmetric Information and Capital Structure: Empirical Evidence from Indonesia Stock Exchange," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(6), pages 8-15.
- Trevon Logan & Manisha Shah, 2009. "Face Value: Information and Signaling in an Illegal Market," NBER Working Papers 14841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feser, Daniel & Runst, Petrik, 2016. "Energy efficiency consultants as change agents? Examining the reasons for EECs’ limited success," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 309-317.
- Simon Schumacher & Stephan Paul, 2017. "Capital Markets Union – Promising Prospects for Corporate Financing?," Schmalenbach Business Review, Springer;Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft, vol. 18(3), pages 289-304, August.
- Basnet, Anup & Davis, Frederick & Walker, Thomas & Zhao, Kun, 2021. "The effect of securities class action lawsuits on mergers and acquisitions," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 48(C).
- Phares, Jonathan & Dobrzykowski, David D. & Prohofsky, Jodi, 2021. "How policy is shaping the macro healthcare delivery supply chain: The emergence of a new tier of retail medical clinics," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 333-345.
- Olga Plesco & Ludmila Sobol, 2013. "The Issue Of Asymmetric Information Upon The Capital Market," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 5(2), pages 254-266.
- Blind, Knut & Mangelsdorf, Axel & Pohlisch, Jakob, 2018. "The effects of cooperation in accreditation on international trade: Empirical evidence on ISO 9000 certifications," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 198(C), pages 50-59.
- Coyne, Christopher J. & Mathers, Rachel L., 2011. "Rituals: An economic interpretation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 74-84.
More about this item
Keywordsproductivity; transition; economic research; economic education; public good; reform;
All these keywords.
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- P21 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Planning, Coordination, and Reform
- P5 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prg:jnlpol:v:2008:y:2008:i:6:id:665:p:819-836. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/uevsecz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Stanislav Vojir (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/uevsecz.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.