Nonparametric identification of regression models containing a misclassified dichotomous regressor without instruments
We observe a dependent variable and some regressors, including a mismeasured binary regressor. We provide identification of the nonparametric regression model containing this misclassified dichotomous regressor. We obtain identification without parameterizations or instruments, by assuming the model error isn't skewed.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hsiao, Ch., 1989.
"Identification and Estimation of Dichotomous Latent Variables Models using Panel Data,"
1989-44, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Cheng Hsiao, 1991. "Identification and Estimation of Dichotomous Latent Variables Models Using Panel Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(4), pages 717-731.
- Hsiao, C., 1989. "Identification And Estimation Of Dichotomous Latent Variables Models Using Panel Data," Papers 8944, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Constructing Instruments for Regressions with Measurement Error when no Additional Data are Available, with an Application to Patents and R&D," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1201-1214, September.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Newey, Whitney K. & Ichimura, Hidehiko & Powell, James L., 1991. "Identification and estimation of polynomial errors-in-variables models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 273-295, December.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2003.
"Estimation of Average Treatment Effects With Misclassification,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
556, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 04 Sep 2006.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2007. "Estimation of Average Treatment Effects with Misclassification," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(2), pages 537-551, 03.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2004. "Estimation of Average Treatment Effects With Misclassification," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 210, Econometric Society.
- Hausman, J. A. & Abrevaya, Jason & Scott-Morton, F. M., 1998. "Misclassification of the dependent variable in a discrete-response setting," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 239-269, September.
- Yingyao Hu & Susanne Schennach, 2006. "Identification and estimation of nonclassical nonlinear errors-in-variables models with continuous distributions using instruments," CeMMAP working papers CWP17/06, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Bound, John & Brown, Charles & Mathiowetz, Nancy, 2001. "Measurement error in survey data," Handbook of Econometrics, in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 59, pages 3705-3843 Elsevier.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 2007. "A local generalized method of moments estimator," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 124-128, January.
- Xiaohong Chen & Han Hong & Elie Tamer, 2005. "Measurement Error Models with Auxiliary Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(2), pages 343-366.
- Xiaohong Chen & Yingyao Hu, 2006. "Identification and Inference of Nonlinear Models Using Two Samples with Arbitrary Measurement Errors," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1590, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Susanne M. Schennach, 2004. "Estimation of Nonlinear Models with Measurement Error," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(1), pages 33-75, 01.
- Chunrong Ai & Xiaohong Chen, 2003. "Efficient Estimation of Models with Conditional Moment Restrictions Containing Unknown Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(6), pages 1795-1843, November.
- Geert Ridder & Yingyao Hu, 2004. "Estimation of Nonlinear Models with Measurement Error Using Marginal Information," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 21, Econometric Society.
- Raymond J. Carroll & David Ruppert & Ciprian M. Crainiceanu & Tor D. Tosteson & Margaret R. Karagas, 2004. "Nonlinear and Nonparametric Regression and Instrumental Variables," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 736-750, January.
- Li, Tong, 2002. "Robust and consistent estimation of nonlinear errors-in-variables models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 110(1), pages 1-26, September.
- Aprajit Mahajan, 2006. "Identification and Estimation of Regression Models with Misclassification," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(3), pages 631-665, 05.
- Hong, Han & Tamer, Elie, 2003. "A simple estimator for nonlinear error in variable models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 1-19, November.
- Thomas J. Kane & Cecilia Elena Rouse & Douglas Staiger, 1999. "Estimating Returns to Schooling When Schooling is Misreported," NBER Working Papers 7235, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:100:y:2008:i:3:p:381-384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.