The pricing of protected areas in nature-based tourism: A local perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lisa C. Chase & David R. Lee & William D. Schulze & Deborah J. Anderson, 1998. "Ecotourism Demand and Differential Pricing of National Park Access in Costa Rica," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(4), pages 466-482.
- Lunney, Daniel & Pressey, Bob & Archer, Michael & Hand, Suzanne & Godthelp, Henk & Curtin, Alison, 1997. "Integrating ecology and economics: Illustrating the need to resolve the conflicts of space and time," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 135-143, November.
- Thomas W. Ross, 1984. "Uncovering Regulators' Social Welfare Weights," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(1), pages 152-155, Spring.
- Beal, Diana J., 1996. "A Theoretical Market Model for National Parks of Different Ecological Character Managed by One Agency," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 64(02), pages 1-13, August.
- Anas, Alex, 1988. "Optimal preservation and pricing of natural public lands in general equilibrium," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 158-172, June.
- Shultz, Steven & Pinazzo, Jorge & Cifuentes, Miguel, 1998. "Opportunities and limitations of contingent valuation surveys to determine national park entrance fees: evidence from Costa Rica," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 131-149, February.
- Elizabeth A. Wilman, 1988. "Pricing Policies for Outdoor Recreation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(3), pages 234-241.
- Baumol, William J & Bradford, David F, 1970. "Optimal Departures from Marginal Cost Pricing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 265-283, June.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1972. "Distributional Equity and the Optimal Structure of Public Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 32-36, March.
- Font, Antoni Riera, 2000. "Mass Tourism and the Demand for Protected Natural Areas: A Travel Cost Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 97-116, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dikgang, Johane & Muchapondwa, Edwin, 2013.
"Conservation Fees in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park between Botswana and South Africa in the Presence of Land Restitution,"
dp-13-09-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Johane Dikgang and Edwin Muchapondwa, 2013. "Conservation Fees in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park between Botswana and South Africa in the Presence of Land Restitution," Working Papers 368, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Coria, Jessica & Calfucura, Enrique, 2012.
"Ecotourism and the development of indigenous communities: The good, the bad, and the ugly,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 47-55.
- Coria, Jessica & Calfucura, Enrique, 2011. "Ecotourism and the Development of Indigenous Communities: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," Working Papers in Economics 489, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Eugenio-Martin, Juan L., 2011. "Assessing social carrying capacity of tourism destinations with random utility models/Evaluación de la capacidad de carga social de los destinos turísticos con modelos de utilidad aleatoria," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 29, pages 881-902, Diciembre.
- Park, Joungkoo & Ellis, Gary D. & Kim, Samuel Seongseop & Prideaux, Bruce, 2010. "An investigation of perceptions of social equity and price acceptability judgments for campers in the U.S. national forest," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 202-212.
- Asma BEN OTHMEN, 2014. "De la mise à contribution des bénéficiaires au financement de la préservation des espaces naturels : tarification de l’accès ou augmentation de taxe?," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2014-10, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Sonia Schwartz & Johanna Choumert-Nkolo & Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Éric Nazindigouba Kere, 2019. "On the optimal setting of protected areas," Working Papers halshs-02082753, HAL.
- Bayliss, Julian & Schaafsma, Marije & Balmford, Andrew & Burgess, Neil D. & Green, Jonathan M.H. & Madoffe, Seif S. & Okayasu, Sana & Peh, Kelvin S.-H. & Platts, Philip J. & Yu, Douglas W., 2014. "The current and future value of nature-based tourism in the Eastern Arc Mountains of Tanzania," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 8(C), pages 75-83.
- Johane Dikgang & Edwin Muchapondwa, 2017. "The determination of park fees in support of benefit sharing in Southern Africa," Tourism Economics, , vol. 23(6), pages 1165-1183, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:56:y:2006:i:2:p:294-307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.