Willingness-to-pay and the perfect safari:Valuation and cultural evaluation of safari package attributes in the Serengeti and Tanzanian Northern Circuit
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lisa C. Chase & David R. Lee & William D. Schulze & Deborah J. Anderson, 1998. "Ecotourism Demand and Differential Pricing of National Park Access in Costa Rica," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(4), pages 466-482.
- David Barkin, 2003. "Alleviating Poverty Through Ecotourism: Promises and Reality in the Monarch Butterfly Reserve of Mexico," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 371-382, September.
- Wunder, Sven, 2001. "Poverty Alleviation and Tropical Forests--What Scope for Synergies?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1817-1833, November.
- Josaphat Kweka & Oliver Morrissey & Adam Blake, 2003. "The economic potential of tourism in Tanzania," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 335-351.
- Don Fuller & Julia Caldicott & Grant Cairncross & Simon Wilde, 2007. "Poverty, Indigenous Culture and Ecotourism in Remote Australia," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 50(2), pages 141-148, June.
- Gossling, Stefan, 1999. "Ecotourism: a means to safeguard biodiversity and ecosystem functions?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 303-320, May.
- Shultz, Steven & Pinazzo, Jorge & Cifuentes, Miguel, 1998. "Opportunities and limitations of contingent valuation surveys to determine national park entrance fees: evidence from Costa Rica," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 131-149, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lal, Pankaj & Wolde, Bernabas & Masozera, Michel & Burli, Pralhad & Alavalapati, Janaki & Ranjan, Aditi & Montambault, Jensen & Banerjee, Onil & Ochuodho, Thomas & Mugabo, Rodrigue, 2017. "Valuing visitor services and access to protected areas: The case of Nyungwe National Park in Rwanda," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 141-151.
- Jiao, Xi & Walelign, Solomon Zena & Nielsen, Martin Reinhardt & Smith-Hall, Carsten, 2019. "Protected areas, household environmental incomes and well-being in the Greater Serengeti-Mara Ecosystem," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 1-1.
- Bayliss, Julian & Schaafsma, Marije & Balmford, Andrew & Burgess, Neil D. & Green, Jonathan M.H. & Madoffe, Seif S. & Okayasu, Sana & Peh, Kelvin S.-H. & Platts, Philip J. & Yu, Douglas W., 2014. "The current and future value of nature-based tourism in the Eastern Arc Mountains of Tanzania," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 8(C), pages 75-83.
- May, R. & Jackson, C. & Bevanger, K. & RÃ¸skaft, E., 2019. "Servicescape of the Greater Serengeti-Mara Ecosystem: Visualizing the linkages between land use, biodiversity and the delivery of wildlife-related ecosystem services," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 40(C).
More about this item
KeywordsEcotourism; Serengeti National Park; Cultural tourism; Willingness-to-pay;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:97:y:2014:i:c:p:34-41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.