The evolution of aquaculture in African rural and economic development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brummett, Randall E. & Noble, R., 1995. "Aquaculture for African smallholders," Technical Reports 44729, Worldfish Center.
- Harris, Jonathan M., 1996. "World agricultural futures: regional sustainability and ecological limits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 95-115, May.
- Brummett, R.E. & Noble, R., 1995. "Aquaculture for African smallholders," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 9978, September.
- De Silva, S.S., 1995. "CGIAR aquatic research priorities revisited: a case for a higher priority for reservoir-lake system research," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 18(3), pages 10-14.
- Berg, Hakan & Michelsen, Petra & Troell, Max & Folke, Carl & Kautsky, Nils, 1996. "Managing aquaculture for sustainability in tropical Lake Kariba, Zimbabwe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 141-159, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Russell, A.J.M. & GrÃ·tz, P.A. & Kriesemer, S.K. & Pemsl, D.E., 2008. "Recommendation domains for pond aquaculture: country case study: development and status of freshwater aquaculture in Malawi," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 37900, September.
- Hishamunda, Nathanael & Ridler, Neil B., 2006. "Farming fish for profits: A small step towards food security in sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 401-414, October.
- Dugan, P., 2003. "Investing in Africa: the WorldFish Center's African strategy in summary," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 26(3), pages 4-8.
- Brummett, Randall E. & Gockowski, James & Pouomogne, Victor & Muir, James, 2011. "Targeting agricultural research and extension for food security and poverty alleviation: A case study of fish farming in Central Cameroon," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 805-814.
- Polimeni, John M., 2004. "Graduate education in ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3-4), pages 287-293, December.
- Elst, R. van der, 2003. "Local solutions to challenges of West Indian Ocean fisheries development," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 26(3), pages 14-17.
- Jamu, D.M. & Ayinla, O.A., 2003. "Potential for the development of aquaculture in Africa," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 26(3), pages 9-13.
- O. H. A. González & L. F. Beltrán & C. Cáceres-Martínez & H. Ramírez & S. Hernández-Vazquez & E. Troyo-Dieguez & A. Ortega-Rubio, 2003. "Sustainability development analysis of semi-intensive shrimp farms in Sonora, México," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(4), pages 213-222.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:33:y:2000:i:2:p:193-203. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.