Modeling and analyzing the agroecological performance of farms with ECOPATH
Intensive and integrated resource management, where field crops, vegetables, trees, livestock and fish production are combined through efficient reuse of wastes, residues, by-products and external inputs, offers a potential avenue towards a productive and ecologically balanced agriculture. The ECOPATH model software provides important insights into the structure and function of global aquatic ecosystems. The application of the same concept and approach to terrestrial-based culture systems exemplifies a tool which has the potential to improve communication and productivity within research while addressing the issue of sustainable natural resources management.
|This book is provided by The WorldFish Center in its series Working Papers with number 13080 and published in 1998.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +60 4 626 1606
Fax: +60 4 626 5530
Web page: http://www.worldfishcenter.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christensen, V. & Pauly, D., 1995. "Fish production, catches and the carrying capacity of the world oceans," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 18(3), pages 34-40.
- Lightfoot, C. & Feldman, S. & Abedin, M.Z., 1991. "Households, agroecosystems and rural resources management: a guidebook for broadening the concepts of gender and farming systems," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 6857, September.
- Christensen, V. & Pauly, D., 1996. "Ecological modeling for all," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 19(2), pages 25-26.
- Biggs, Stephen D., 1995. "Farming systems research and rural poverty: Relationships between context and content," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-174.
- Brummett, Randall E. & Noble, R., 1995. "Aquaculture for African smallholders," Technical Reports 44729, Worldfish Center.
- Dalsgaard, J. P. T. & Oficial, R. T., 1997. "A quantitative approach for assessing the productive performance and ecological contributions of smallholder farms," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 503-533, December.
- Conway, Gordon R., 1987. "The properties of agroecosystems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 95-117.
- Dalsgaard, J.P.T., 1995. "Applying systems ecology to the analysis of integrated agriculture-aquaculture farms," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 18(2), pages 15-19.
- Dalsgaard, J.P.T. & Oficial, R.T., 1995. "Insights into the ecological performance of agroecosystems with ECOPATH II," Naga, The WorldFish Center, vol. 18(3), pages 26-27.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wfi:wfbook:13080. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William Ko)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.