Distance and intrastate college student migration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Md. Kamar Ali, 2003. "Analysis of Enrollment: A Spatial-interaction Model," Journal of Economic Insight (formerly the Journal of Economics (MVEA)), Missouri Valley Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 67-86.
- Edward Baryla & Douglas Dotterweich, 2001. "Student Migration: Do Significant Factors Vary by Region?," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 269-280.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H, 1985. "The Gravity Equation in International Trade: Some Microeconomic Foundations and Empirical Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(3), pages 474-481, August.
- Mixon, Franklin Jr & Hsing, Yu, 1994. "The determinants of out-of-state enrollments in higher education: A tobit analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 329-335.
- Carla Sa & Raymond Florax & Piet Rietveld, 2004. "Determinants of the Regional Demand for Higher Education in The Netherlands: A Gravity Model Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 375-392.
- DesJardins, Stephen L. & Dundar, Halil & Hendel, Darwin D., 1999. "Modeling the College Application Decision Process in a Land-Grant University," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 117-132, February.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1973. "Regression Analysis when the Dependent Variable is Truncated Normal," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(6), pages 997-1016, November.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul & Price, Stephen Wheatley, 1996. " Migration Theories and Evidence: An Assessment," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 159-198, June.
- Farley Ordovensky, J., 1995. "Effects of institutional attributes on enrollment choice: Implications for postsecondary vocational education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 335-350, December.
- Greenwood, Michael J, 1975. "Research on Internal Migration in the United States: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(2), pages 397-433, June.
- Mchugh, Richard & Morgan, James N., 1984. "The determinants of interstate student migration: a place-to-place analysis," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 269-278, August.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 2004. "Introduction to "College Choices: The Economics of Where to Go, When to Go, and How to Pay For It"," NBER Chapters,in: College Choices: The Economics of Where to Go, When to Go, and How to Pay For It, pages 1-12 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2004. "College Choices: The Economics of Where to Go, When to Go, and How to Pay For It," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number hoxb04-1, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marie-BenoÃ®t Magrini & Florent Bonneu & Christine Thomas-Agnan & Sandrine Coelho, 2011.
"Educational Planning: A Simulation Approach for the Creation or Closure of School Classes,"
Environment and Planning B,
, vol. 38(4), pages 595-615, August.
- Marie-Benoît Magrini & Florent Bonneu & Christine Thomas-Agnan & Sandrine Coelho, 2011. "Educational planning: a simulation approach for the creation or closure of school classes," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(4), pages 595-615, July.
- Doyle, William R. & Skinner, Benjamin T., 2016. "Estimating the education-earnings equation using geographic variation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 254-267.
- Sibbertsen, Philipp & Stöver, Britta, 2017. "Die räumliche Flexibilität von Studierenden - Gründe für das Wanderungsverhalten von Studienanfänger/-innen zwischen den Bundesländern," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-604, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- John V. Winters, 2011. "Human Capital and Population Growth in Nonmetropolitan U.S. Counties," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 25(4), pages 353-365, November.
- Liu, Liqun & Neilson, William S., 2011. "High scores but low skills," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 507-516, June.
- Tuomo Suhonen, 2012. "The role of distances and parentsâ€™ educational background in university field of study choice," ERSA conference papers ersa12p751, European Regional Science Association.
- Winters, John V., 2014.
"The Production and Stock of College Graduates for U.S. States,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8730, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- John V. Winters, 2015. "The Production and Stock of College Graduates for U.S. States," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 15-246, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Herbst, Mikolaj & Rok, Jakub, 2013. "Mobility of human capital and its effect on regional economic development. Review of theory and empirical literature," MPRA Paper 45755, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cattaneo, Mattia & Malighetti, Paolo & Paleari, Stefano & Redondi, Renato, 2016. "The role of the air transport service in interregional long-distance students’ mobility in Italy," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 66-82.
- Gonzalez Canche, Manuel Sacramento, 2014. "Localized competition in the non-resident student market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 21-35.
- Winters, John V., 2011.
"Human capital, higher education institutions, and quality of life,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 446-454, September.
- Winters, John V, 2011. "Human Capital, Higher Education Institutions, and Quality of Life," MPRA Paper 28484, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Winters, John V, 2010. "Human Capital and Population Growth in Non-Metropolitan U.S. Counties: The Importance of College Student Migration," MPRA Paper 25592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jepsen, Christopher & Montgomery, Mark, 2012.
"Back to school: An application of human capital theory for mature workers,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 168-178.
- Christopher Jepsen & Mark Montgomery, 2012. "Back to school: An Application of human capital theory for mature workers," Open Access publications 10197/4435, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Vignoles, Anna, 2012. "Geography, choice and participation in higher education in England," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 98-113.
- Denzler, Stefan & Wolter, Stefan C., 2011. "Too Far to Go? Does Distance Determine Study Choices?," IZA Discussion Papers 5712, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bruckmeier Kerstin & Fischer Georg-Benedikt & Wigger Berthold U., 2015. "Studiengebühren in Deutschland: Lehren aus einem gescheiterten Experiment," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, De Gruyter, vol. 16(3), pages 289-301, October.
- John V. Winters, 2015. "Do Higher College Graduation Rates Increase Local Education Levels?," Economics Working Paper Series 1503, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business, revised Dec 2015.
- Pigini, Claudia & Staffolani, Stefano, 2013. "Enrollment costs, university quality and higher education choices in Italy," MPRA Paper 50364, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mattia Cattaneo & Paolo Malighetti & Stefano Paleari & Renato Redondi, 2015. "Evolution of long distance students? mobility: the role of transport infrastructures in Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa15p1231, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:spr:anresc:v:59:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00168-016-0765-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- John V. Winters, 2011. "Why Are Smart Cities Growing? Who Moves And Who Stays," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 253-270, May.
- Stefano STAFFOLANI & Claudia PIGINI, 2012. "Enrolment Decision and University Choice;of Italian Secondary School Graduates," Working Papers 380, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Stefan Denzler & Stefan C. Wolter, 2010. "Wenn das Nächstgelegene die erste Wahl ist – Der Einfluss der geographischen Mobilität der Studierenden auf die Hochschullandschaft Schweiz," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0048, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Ana Barufi, 2013. "Expansion of undergraduate courses positions impacting the migration of students in Brazil: an analysis with the Demographic Census of 2010," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1157, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsCollege education Mobility Gravity model Intrastate migration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:28:y:2009:i:6:p:728-738. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.