The determinants of out-of-state enrollments in higher education: A tobit analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sibbertsen, Philipp & Stöver, Britta, 2017. "Die räumliche Flexibilität von Studierenden - Gründe für das Wanderungsverhalten von Studienanfänger/-innen zwischen den Bundesländern," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-604, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Dwenger, Nadja & Storck, Johanna & Wrohlich, Katharina, 2012.
"Do tuition fees affect the mobility of university applicants? Evidence from a natural experiment,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 155-167.
- Dwenger, Nadja & Storck, Johanna & Wrohlich, Katharina, 2009. "Do Tuition Fees Affect the Mobility of University Applicants? Evidence from a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 4421, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nadja Dwenger & Johanna Storck & Katharina Wrohlich, 2009. "Do Tuition Fees Affect the Mobility of University Applicants?: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 926, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Alm, James & Winters, John V., 2009. "Distance and intrastate college student migration," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 728-738, December.
- Groen, Jeffrey A. & White, Michelle J., 2004. "In-state versus out-of-state students: the divergence of interest between public universities and state governments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1793-1814, August.
- Beine, Michel & Noël, Romain & Ragot, Lionel, 2014.
"Determinants of the international mobility of students,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 40-54.
- Michel Beine & Romain Noël & Lionel Ragot, 2014. "Determinants of the International Mobility of Students," Post-Print hal-01385913, HAL.
- Michel Beine & Romain Noël & Lionel Ragot, 2012.
"The Determinants of International Mobility of Students,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3848, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michel Beine & Romain Noël & Lionel Ragot, 2013. "The Determinants of International Mobility of Students," Working Papers 2013-30, CEPII research center.
- Michel Beine & Romain Noël & Lionel Ragot, 2013. "The determinants of international mobility of students," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-26, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- AntÃ³nio Caleiro & ConceiÃ§Ã£o Rego, 2004. "Universities and economically depressed regions: how Â‘attractiveÂ’ is the University of Ã‰vora?," ERSA conference papers ersa04p23, European Regional Science Association.
- Joseph Calhoun & David Kamerschen, 2010. "The impact of governing structure on the pricing behavior and market structure of public institutions of higher education in the U.S," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 57(3), pages 317-333, September.
- Hübner, Malte, 2012. "Do tuition fees affect enrollment behavior? Evidence from a ‘natural experiment’ in Germany," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 949-960.
- Gonzalez Canche, Manuel Sacramento, 2014. "Localized competition in the non-resident student market," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 21-35.
- Ciriaci, Daria, 2009. "University quality, interregional brain drain and spatial inequality. The case of Italy," MPRA Paper 30015, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Mar 2011.
- Matthew Nagler, 2008. "Funding Shocks and Optimal University Admissions and Financial Aid Policies," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(3), pages 345-358, September.
- Mabel Sanchez-Barrioluengo & Sara Flisi, 2017. "Student Mobility in Tertiary Education: institutional factors and regional attractiveness," JRC Working Papers JRC108895, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Ehrenberg, R.G.Ronald G., 2004. "Econometric studies of higher education," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 19-37.
- Edward Baryla & Douglas Dotterweich, 2001. "Student Migration: Do Significant Factors Vary by Region?," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 269-280.
- Caruso, Raul & de Wit, Hans, 2013. "Determinants of Mobility of Students in Europe: a preliminary quantitative study," MPRA Paper 49808, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2015. "Is university sports an advertisement in the higher education market? An analysis of the Hakone long-distance relay road race in Japan," ISER Discussion Paper 0922, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Manuel S. González Canché, 2017. "The Heterogeneous Non-resident Student Body: Measuring the Effect of Out-Of-State Students’ Home-State Wealth on Tuition and Fee Price Variations," Research in Higher Education, Springer;Association for Institutional Research, vol. 58(2), pages 141-183, March.
- Michael Rizzo & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 2004.
"Resident and Nonresident Tuition and Enrollment at Flagship State Universities,"
NBER Chapters,in: College Choices: The Economics of Where to Go, When to Go, and How to Pay For It, pages 303-354
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael J. Rizzo & Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 2003. "Resident and Nonresident Tuition and Enrollment at Flagship State Universities," NBER Working Papers 9516, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wohlgemuth, Darin Ray, 1997. "Individual and aggregate demand for higher education: the role of strategic scholarships," ISU General Staff Papers 1997010108000012571, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey A. Groen & Michelle J. White, 2003. "In-State versus Out-of State Students: The Divergence of Interest between Public Universities and State Governments," NBER Working Papers 9603, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:13:y:1994:i:4:p:329-335. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.