Demand (and supply) in an inter-district public school choice program
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Randall Reback, 2004. "Demand (and Supply) in an Inter-District Public School Choice Program," Working Papers 0501, Barnard College, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2006.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Bayer & Fernando Ferreira & Robert McMillan, 2004. "Tiebout Sorting, Social Multipliers and the Demand for School Quality," NBER Working Papers 10871, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sandra E. Black, 1999.
"Do Better Schools Matter? Parental Valuation of Elementary Education,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 577-599.
- Sandra E. Black, 1997. "Do better schools matter? Parental valuation of elementary education," Research Paper 9729, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Justine S. Hastings & Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2005.
"Parental Preferences and School Competition: Evidence from a Public School Choice Program,"
NBER Working Papers
11805, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hastings, Justine S. & Kane, Thomas J. & Staiger, Douglas O., 2005. "Parental Preferences and School Competition: Evidence from a Public School Choice Program," Working Papers 10, Yale University, Department of Economics.
- Julie Berry Cullen & Brian A. Jacob & Steven Levitt, 2003. "The Effect of School Choice on Student Outcomes: Evidence from Randomized Lotteries," NBER Working Papers 10113, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cullen, Julie Berry & Jacob, Brian A. & Levitt, Steven D., 2005.
"The impact of school choice on student outcomes: an analysis of the Chicago Public Schools,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 729-760.
- Julie Berry Cullen & Brian Jacob & Steven Levitt, 2000. "The Impact of School Choice on Student Outcomes: An Analysis of the Chicago Public Schools," NBER Working Papers 7888, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reback, Randall, 2005. "House prices and the provision of local public services: capitalization under school choice programs," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 275-301, March.
- Barrow, Lisa, 2002.
"School choice through relocation: evidence from the Washington, D.C. area,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 155-189, November.
- Lisa Barrow, 1999. "School choice through relocation: evidence from the Washington, D.C. area," Working Paper Series WP-99-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Brian A. Jacob & Lars Lefgren, 2005. "What Do Parents Value in Education? An Empirical Investigation of Parents' Revealed Preferences for Teachers," NBER Working Papers 11494, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Campbell & Martin R. West & Paul E. Peterson, 2005. "Participation in a national, means-tested school voucher program," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(3), pages 523-541.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Welsch, David M. & Statz, Bambi & Skidmore, Mark, 2010. "An examination of inter-district public school transfers in Wisconsin," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 126-137, February.
- Takashi Oshio & Shinpei Sano & Yuko Ueno & Kouichiro Mino, 2010.
"Evaluations by parents of education reforms: evidence from a parent survey in Japan,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 229-246.
- Takashi Oshio & Shinpei Sano & Yuko Ueno & Kouichiro Mino, 2008. "Evaluations by parents of education reforms: Evidence from a parent survey in Japan," Discussion Papers 0821, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Brunner, Eric J. & Cho, Sung-Woo & Reback, Randall, 2012. "Mobility, housing markets, and schools: Estimating the effects of inter-district choice programs," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(7), pages 604-614.
- Soma Ghosh, 2013. "Participation in school choice: a spatial probit analysis of neighborhood influence," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 50(1), pages 295-313, February.
- David M. Welsch & David M. Zimmer, 2015. "The Relationship Between Student Transfers and District Academic Performance: Accounting for Feedback Effects," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 10(3), pages 399-422, July.
- Welsch, David M. & Zimmer, David M., 2012. "Do student migrations affect school performance? Evidence from Wisconsin's inter-district public school program," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 195-207.
- Cory Koedel & Julian R. Betts & Lorien A. Rice & Andrew C. Zau, 2009. "The Social Cost of Open Enrollment as a School Choice Policy," Working Papers 0906, Department of Economics, University of Missouri, revised 13 Apr 2010.
- repec:kap:poprpr:v:36:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s11113-017-9435-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:27:y:2008:i:4:p:402-416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .