The early employment and further education experiences of high school dropouts: a comparative study of the United States and Australia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett & John H. Tyler, 2000.
"Who Benefits from Obtaining a GED? Evidence from High School and Beyond,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 23-37, February.
- Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett & John H. Tyler, 1999. "Who Benefits from Obtaining a GED? Evidence from High School and Beyond," NBER Working Papers 7172, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCall, Brian P, 1990. "Occupational Matching: A Test of Sorts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(1), pages 45-69, February.
- John H. Tyler & Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett, 2000. "Estimating the Labor Market Signaling Value of the GED," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 431-468.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett & Kathryn Parker Boudett, 1997. "Does Acquisition of a GED Lead to More Training, Post-Secondary Education, and Military Service for School Dropouts?," NBER Working Papers 5992, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cameron, Stephen V & Heckman, James J, 1993. "The Nonequivalence of High School Equivalents," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 1-47, January.
- Richard J. Murnane & John B. Willett & Yves Duhaldeborde & John H. Tyler, 2000. "How important are the cognitive skills of teenagers in predicting subsequent earnings?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 547-568.
- Chuang, Hwei-Lin, 1997. "High school youths' dropout and re-enrollment behavior," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 171-186, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wydra-Somaggio, Gabriele, 2017. "Early termination of vocational training: dropout or stopout?," IAB Discussion Paper 201703, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Hill, Laura E. & Jepsen, Christopher, 2007.
"Positive outcomes from poor starts: Predictors of dropping back in,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 588-603, October.
- Laura E. Hill & Christopher Jepsen, 2007. "Positive outcomes from poor starts: Predictors of dropping back in," Open Access publications 10197/4446, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Ariane Utomo & Anna Reimondos & Iwu Utomo & Peter McDonald & Terence H. Hull, 2014. "What happens after you drop out? Transition to adulthood among early school-leavers in urban Indonesia," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 30(41), pages 1189-1218, April.
- Ong C. & Witte K. de, 2013. "The influence of ethnic segregation and school mobility in primary education on high school dropout : evidence from regression discontinuity at a contextual tipping point," MERIT Working Papers 064, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Cabus, Sofie J. & De Witte, Kristof, 2012. "Naming and shaming in a ‘fair’ way. On disentangling the influence of policy in observed outcomes," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 767-787.
- Hernæs, Øystein & Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut, 2017.
"Can welfare conditionality combat high school dropout?,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 144-156.
- Hernaes, Øystein & Markussen, Simen & Røed, Knut, 2016. "Can Welfare Conditionality Combat High School Dropout?," IZA Discussion Papers 9644, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cabus, Sofie J. & De Witte, Kristof, 2011. "Does school time matter?—On the impact of compulsory education age on school dropout," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1384-1398.
- S. Mahuteau & K. Mavromaras, 2014.
"An analysis of the impact of socio-economic disadvantage and school quality on the probability of school dropout,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 389-411, August.
- Mahuteau, Stéphane & Mavromaras, Kostas G., 2013. "An Analysis of the Impact of Socioeconomic Disadvantage and School Quality on the Probability of School Dropout," IZA Discussion Papers 7566, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cratty, Dorothyjean, 2012. "Potential for significant reductions in dropout rates: Analysis of an entire 3rd grade state cohort," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 644-662.
- Cain Polidano & Domenico Tabasso & Yi-Ping Tseng, 2015.
"A second chance at education for early school leavers,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(3), pages 358-375, June.
- Cain Polidano & Domenico Tabasso & Yi-Ping Tseng, 2012. "A Second Chance at Education for Early School Leavers," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2012n14, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Polidano, Cain & Tabasso, Domenico & Tseng, Yi-Ping, 2012. "A Second Chance at Education for Early School Leavers," IZA Discussion Papers 6769, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Whitaker, Stephan, 2011. "The impact of legalized abortion on high school graduation through selection and composition," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 228-246, April.
- Dæhlen, Marianne & Madsen, Christian, 2016. "School enrolment following multisystemic treatment: A register-based examination among youth with severe behavioural problems," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 76-83.
- Jennifer March Augustine, 2016. "Exploring New Life Course Patterns of Mother’s Continuing Secondary and College Education," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 35(6), pages 727-755, December.
- Hoffmann, Sarah, 2010. "Schulabbrecher in Deutschland - eine bildungsstatistische Analyse mit aggregierten und Individualdaten," Discussion Papers 71, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Chair of Labour and Regional Economics.
- Heers, Marieke & Van Klaveren, Chris & Groot, Wim & van den Brink, Henriëtte Maassen, 2014.
"The impact of community schools on student dropout in pre-vocational education,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 105-119.
- Heers, M. & Van Klaveren, C. & Groot, W. and Maassen van den Brink, H., 2012. "The Impact of Community Schools on Student Dropout in Pre-vocational Education," Working Papers 45, Top Institute for Evidence Based Education Research.
- Cain Polidano & Barbara Hanel & Hielke Buddelmeyer, 2012. "Explaining the SES School Completion Gap," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2012n16, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecoedu:v:22:y:2003:i:4:p:353-366. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/econedurev .