Is Being Sharia compliant worth it?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Honghui Chen & Gregory Noronha & Vijay Singal, 2004. "The Price Response to S&P 500 Index Additions and Deletions: Evidence of Asymmetry and a New Explanation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1901-1930, August.
- Gheeraert, Laurent & Weill, Laurent, 2015.
"Does Islamic banking development favor macroeconomic efficiency? Evidence on the Islamic finance-growth nexus,"
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 32-39.
- Laurent Gheeraer & Laurent Weill, 2013. "Does Islamic Banking Development Favor Macroeconomic Efficiency? Evidence on The Islamic Finance – Growth Nexus," Working Papers 764, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2013.
- Laurent Gheeraert & Laurent Weill, 2014. "Does Islamic Banking Development Favour Macroeconomic Efficiency? Evidence on the Islamic Finance – Growth Nexus," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2014-04, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Ariss, Rima Turk & Rezvanian, Rasoul & Mehdian, Seyed M., 2011. "Calendar anomalies in the Gulf Cooperation Council stock markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 293-307, September.
- Imam, Patrick & Kpodar, Kangni, 2016. "Islamic banking: Good for growth?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 387-401.
- Konstantina Kappou & Ioannis Oikonomou, 2016.
"Is There a Gold Social Seal? The Financial Effects of Additions to and Deletions from Social Stock Indices,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 533-552, February.
- Konstantina Kappou & Ioannis Oikonomou, 2012. "Is there a Gold Social Seal? The Financial Effects of Additions to and Deletions from Social Stock Indices," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2012-10, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Azhar Abdul Rahman & Mohd Azlan Yahya & Mohd Herry Mohd Nasir, 2010. "Islamic norms for stock screening: A comparison between the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange Islamic Index and the Dow Jones Islamic Market Index," International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 228-240, August.
- repec:cii:cepiei:2014-q1-137-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Becchetti, Leonardo & Ciciretti, Rocco & Hasan, Iftekhar & Kobeissi, Nada, 2012. "Corporate social responsibility and shareholder's value," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(11), pages 1628-1635.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Mark Grinblatt, 2001. "How Distance, Language, and Culture Influence Stockholdings and Trades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1053-1073, June.
- Jemma Dridi & Maher Hasan, 2010. "The Effects of the Global Crisison Islamic and Conventional Banks; A Comparative Study," IMF Working Papers 10/201, International Monetary Fund.
- Moazzam Farooq & Sajjad Zaheer, 2015.
"Are Islamic Banks More Resilient During Financial Panics?,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 101-124, February.
- Moazzam Farooq & Sajjad Zaheer, 2015. "Are Islamic Banks More Resilient during Financial Panics?," IMF Working Papers 15/41, International Monetary Fund.
- Han, Seungjin & Qiu, Jiaping, 2007. "Corporate precautionary cash holdings," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 43-57, March.
- Harford, Jarrad & Mansi, Sattar A. & Maxwell, William F., 2008. "Corporate governance and firm cash holdings in the US," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 535-555, March.
- Adrian Wai Kong Cheung, 2011. "Do Stock Investors Value Corporate Sustainability? Evidence from an Event Study," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 145-165, March.
- Benos, Evangelos & Jochec, Marek, 2013. "Patriotic name bias and stock returns," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 550-570.
- Shamsuddin, Abul, 2014. "Are Dow Jones Islamic equity indices exposed to interest rate risk?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 273-281.
- J. Randall Woolridge & Chinmoy Ghosh, 1986. "Institutional Trading And Security Prices: The Case Of Changes In The Composition Of The S&P 500 Index," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 9(1), pages 13-24, March.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Dittmar, Amy & Mahrt-Smith, Jan, 2007. "Corporate governance and the value of cash holdings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 599-634, March.
- Kumar, Alok & Page, Jeremy K. & Spalt, Oliver G., 2011. "Religious beliefs, gambling attitudes, and financial market outcomes," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(3), pages 671-708.
- Ferri, Giovanni & Lacitignola, Punziana & Lee, Jeong Yeon, 2013. "Foreign ownership and the credibility of national rating agencies: Evidence from Korea," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 762-776.
- Ho, Catherine Soke Fun & Abd Rahman, Nurul Afiqah & Yusuf, Noor Hafizha Muhamad & Zamzamin, Zaminor, 2014. "Performance of global Islamic versus conventional share indices: International evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 110-121.
- Rahim, Adam Mohamed & Masih, Mansur, 2016. "Portfolio diversification benefits of Islamic investors with their major trading partners: Evidence from Malaysia based on MGARCH-DCC and wavelet approaches," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 425-438.
- Harris, Lawrence E & Gurel, Eitan, 1986. " Price and Volume Effects Associated with Changes in the S&P 500 List: New Evidence for the Existence of Price Pressures," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(4), pages 815-829, September.
- Chang, Guang-Di & Cheng, Po-Ching, 2016. "Evidence of cross-asset contagion in U.S. markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 219-226.
- Białkowski, Jędrzej & Bohl, Martin T. & Kaufmann, Philipp & Wisniewski, Tomasz P., 2013. "Do mutual fund managers exploit the Ramadan anomaly? Evidence from Turkey," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 211-232.
- Pantzalis, Christos & Ucar, Erdem, 2014. "Religious holidays, investor distraction, and earnings announcement effects," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 102-117.
- Frenkel, Michael & Lis, Eliza M. & Rülke, Jan-Christoph, 2011. "Has the economic crisis of 2007-2009 changed the expectation formation process in the Euro area?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1808-1814, July.
- Morse, Adair & Shive, Sophie, 2011. "Patriotism in your portfolio," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 411-440, May.
- Białkowski, Jędrzej & Etebari, Ahmad & Wisniewski, Tomasz Piotr, 2012. "Fast profits: Investor sentiment and stock returns during Ramadan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 835-845.
More about this item
KeywordsReligion; Islamic finance; Event studies;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
- Z12 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Religion
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:72:y:2018:i:c:p:353-362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.