Macroeconomic effects of international remittances: The case of developing economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorge Durand & William Kandel & Emilio Parrado & Douglas Massey, 1996. "International migration and development in mexican communities," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 33(2), pages 249-264, May.
- Acosta, Pablo A. & Lartey, Emmanuel K.K. & Mandelman, Federico S., 2009. "Remittances and the Dutch disease," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 102-116, September.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Medvedev, Denis, 2008.
"Do Remittances Have a Flip Side? A General Equilibrium Analysis of Remittances, Labor Supply Responses and Policy Options for Jamaica,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 23, pages 734-764.
- Bussolo, Maurizio & Medvedev, Denis, 2007. "Do remittances have a flip side ? A general equilibrium analysis of remittances, labor supply responses, and policy options for Jamaica," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4143, The World Bank.
- Carmen Reinhart & Vincent Reinhart, 2009.
"Capital Flow Bonanzas: An Encompassing View of the Past and Present,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2008, pages 9-62
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Reinhart, Vincent, 2008. "From Capital Flow Bonanza to Financial Crash," MPRA Paper 11866, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Reinhart, Vincent, 2008. "Capital Flow Bonanzas: An Encompassing View of the Past and Present," CEPR Discussion Papers 6996, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Vincent R. Reinhart, 2008. "Capital Flow Bonanzas: An Encompassing View of the Past and Present," NBER Working Papers 14321, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Özer Karagedikli & Troy Matheson & Christie Smith & Shaun P. Vahey, 2010.
"RBCs AND DSGEs: THE COMPUTATIONAL APPROACH TO BUSINESS CYCLE THEORY AND EVIDENCE,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 113-136, February.
- Özer Karagedikli & Troy Matheson & Christie Smith & Shaun P. Vahey, 2007. "RBCs and DSGEs:The Computational Approach to Business Cycle Theory and Evidence," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Discussion Paper Series DP2007/15, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Özer Karagedikli & Troy Matheson & Christie Smith & Shaun Vahey, 2008. "RBCs and DSGEs: The Computational Approach to Business Cycle Theory and Evidence," Working Paper 2008/17, Norges Bank.
- Sachs, J-D & Warner, A-M, 1995. "Natural Resource Abundance and Economic Growth," Papers 517a, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Saith, A., 1989. "Macro-economic issues in international labour migration : a review," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18946, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- R.G. Gregory, 1976.
"Some Implications Of The Growth Of The Mineral Sector,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, pages 71-91.
- Gregory, R.G., 1976. "Some Implications Of The Growth Of The Mineral Sector," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 20(02), August.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1982.
"Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1345-1370, November.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Executable program for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Web interface for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4a, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Frank Schorfheide, 2000. "Loss function-based evaluation of DSGE models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 645-670.
- Connel Fullenkamp & Thomas F. Cosimano & Michael T. Gapen & Ralph Chami & Peter J Montiel & Adolfo Barajas, 2008. "Macroeconomic Consequences of Remittances," IMF Occasional Papers 259, International Monetary Fund.
- Prema-Chandra Athukorala & Sarath Rajapatirana, 2003.
"Capital Inflows and the Real Exchange Rate: A Comparative Study of Asia and Latin America,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 613-637, April.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Sarath Rajapatirana, 2003. "Capital Inflows and the Real Exchange Rate: A Comparative Study of Asia and Latin America," Departmental Working Papers 2003-02, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2004. "Workers' Remittances and the Real Exchange Rate: A Paradox of Gifts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1407-1417, August.
- Michael T. Gapen & Thomas F. Cosimano & Ralph Chami, 2006. "Beware of Emigrants Bearing Gifts; Optimal Fiscal and Monetary Policy in the Presence of Remittances," IMF Working Papers 06/61, International Monetary Fund.
- Catalina Amuedo-Dorantes & Susan Pozo, 2006. "Migration, Remittances, and Male and Female Employment Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 222-226, May.
- Benjamin N. Dennis & Talan B. Iscan, 2005. "On the Terms of Trade and Sectoral Reallocations," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(5), pages 892-903, November.
- Sungbae An & Frank Schorfheide, 2007. "Bayesian Analysis of DSGE Models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2-4), pages 113-172.
- Glytsos, Nicholas P, 1993. "Measuring the Income Effects of Migrant Remittances: A Methodological Approach Applied to Greece," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 131-168, October.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-848, December.
- Lopez, Humberto & Molina, Luis & Bussolo, Maurizio, 2007. "Remittances and the real exchange rate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4213, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chepel, S. & Bondarenko, K., 2015. "Is the External Labor Migration an Economic Growth Factor: Econometric Analysis and Policy Implications for the CIS Countries," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 142-166.
- Nahed Zghidi & Zouheir Abid, 2015. "Remittances, Economic Freedom, and Economic Growth in North African Countries," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 18(58), pages 139-162, December.
- Mohammad Salahuddin & Jeff Gow, 2015. "The relationship between economic growth and remittances in the presence of cross-sectional dependence," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 49(1), pages 207-221, January-M.
- Pilar Poncela & Eva Senra & Lya Paola Sierra, 2017. "Long-term links between raw materials prices, real exchange rate and relative de-industrialization in a commodity-dependent economy: empirical evidence of “Dutch disease” in Colombia," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 777-798, March.
- Isaac Dadson & Ryuta Ray Kato, 2015. "Remittances and the Brain Drain in Ghana: A Computable General Equilibrium Approach," Working Papers EMS_2015_04, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- repec:rsr:supplm:v:65:y:2017:i:6:p:134-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gloria Clarissa O. Dzeha, 2016. "The decipher, theory or empirics: a review of remittance studies," African Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(2), pages 113-134.
- Sierra, Lya Paola & Manrique L., Karina, 2014. "A first approach to the impact of the real exchange rate on industrial sectors in Colombia," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Isaac Dadson & Ryuta Ray Kato, 2015. "Remittances and the Redistributive Tax Policy in Ghana: A Computable General Equilibrium Approach," Working Papers EMS_2015_05, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational remittances; Dutch Disease; DSGE model; Sectoral labor reallocation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:33:y:2013:i:c:p:292-305. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .