Attracting private investment: Tax reduction, investment subsidy, or both?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rodrik, Dani, 1991.
"Policy uncertainty and private investment in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 229-242, October.
- Dani Rodrik, 1989. "Policy Uncertainty and Private Investment in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 2999, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zee, Howell H. & Stotsky, Janet G. & Ley, Eduardo, 2002. "Tax Incentives for Business Investment: A Primer for Policy Makers in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1497-1516, September.
- Pennings, Enrico, 2000. "Taxes and stimuli of investment under uncertainty," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 383-391, February.
- Hansson, Ingemar & Stuart, Charles, 1989. "Why Is Investment Subsidized?," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(3), pages 549-559, August.
- Lind, Robert C., 1990. "Reassessing the government's discount rate policy in light of new theory and data in a world economy with a high degree of capital mobility," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 8-28, March.
- Quirk, James & Terasawa, Katsuaki, 1991. "Choosing a government discount rate: An alternative approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 16-28, January.
- Chang Woon Nam & Doina Maria Radulescu, 2004.
"Types of Tax Concessions for Attracting Foreign Direct Investment in Free Economic Zones,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa04p174, European Regional Science Association.
- Chang Woon Nam & Doina Radulescu, 2004. "Types of Tax Concessions for Attracting Foreign Direct Investment in Free Economic Zones," CESifo Working Paper Series 1175, CESifo Group Munich.
- Clemens Fuest & Bernd Huber, 1998. "Why Do Countries Subsidize Investment and Not Employment?," NBER Working Papers 6685, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Cantor & Frank Packer, 1996.
"Determinants and impact of sovereign credit ratings,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 37-53.
- Richard Cantor & Frank Packer, 1996. "Determinants and impacts of sovereign credit ratings," Research Paper 9608, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bond, Eric W & Samuelson, Larry, 1986. "Tax Holidays as Signals," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 820-826, September.
- Baum, Seth D., 2009. "Description, prescription and the choice of discount rates," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 197-205, November.
- Yu, Chia-Feng & Chang, Ta-Cheng & Fan, Chinn-Ping, 2007. "FDI timing: Entry cost subsidy versus tax rate reduction," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 262-271, March.
- Morrisset, Jacques & Pirnia, Neda, 2000. "How tax policy and incentives affect foreign direct investment - a review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2509, The World Bank.
- Kim, Se-Jik, 1998. "Growth effect of taxes in an endogenous growth model: to what extent do taxes affect economic growth?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 125-158, September.
- Pennings, Enrico, 2005. "How to maximize domestic benefits from foreign investments: the effect of irreversibility and uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 873-889, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Corato, Luca & Hess, Sebastian, 2013.
"Farmland Investments in Africa: What’s the Deal?,"
Working Paper Series
2013:10, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Luca Di Corato & Sebastian Hess, 2014. "Farmland Investments in Africa: What’s the Deal?," Working Papers 2014.23, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Di Corato, Luca & Hess, Sebastian, 2014. "Farmland Investment in Africa: What’s the Deal?," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182806, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Luca Corato, 2016.
"Investment stimuli under government present-biased time preferences,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 119(2), pages 101-111, October.
- Di Corato, Luca, 2014. "Investment stimuli under government present-biased time preferences," Working Paper Series 2014:3, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Barbosa, Diogo & Carvalho, Vitor M. & Pereira, Paulo J., 2016. "Public stimulus for private investment: An extended real options model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 742-748.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:53:y:2018:i:c:p:151-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Renz, André, 2016. "Die Relevanz von Replikationen in der experimentellen Steuerforschung: Eine Replikationsstudie zu Wahrnehmungsverzerrungen bei Subventionen," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 202, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
More about this item
KeywordsInvestment incentive; Tax reduction; Investment subsidy; Real option;
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:29:y:2012:i:5:p:1780-1785. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.