Exploring the nexus: Foreign aid, war on terror, and conflict in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Paul Azam & Véronique Thelen, 2008.
"The roles of foreign aid and education in the war on terror,"
Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 375-397, June.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Thelen, Véronique, 2007. "The Roles of Foreign Aid and Education in the War on Terror," IDEI Working Papers 449, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jean-Paul Azam & Alexandra Delacroix, 2006. "Aid and the Delegated Fight Against Terrorism," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 330-344, May.
- Muhammad Javid & Abdul Qayyum, 2010.
"Foreign aid-growth nexus in pakistan: role of macroeconomic policies,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(4), pages 1-31.
- Muhammad, Javid & Qayyum, Abdul, 2011. "Foreign Aid-Growth Nexus in Pakistan: Role of Macroeconomic Policies," MPRA Paper 29498, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmed, Vaqar & Wahab Siddiqui, Abdul, 2010. "Nexus between aid and security: the case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 29310, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Scott Atran, 2006. "the Moral Logic and Growth of Suicide Terrorism," Post-Print ijn_00000676, HAL.
- Enders, Walter & Sandler, Todd, 2000. "Is Transnational Terrorism Becoming More Threatening? A Time-Series Investigation," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1823, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fleck, Robert K. & Kilby, Christopher, 2010.
"Changing aid regimes? U.S. foreign aid from the Cold War to the War on Terror,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 185-197, March.
- Robert K. Fleck & Christopher Kilby, 2009. "Changing Aid Regimes? U.S. Foreign Aid from the Cold War to the War on Terror," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series 1, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Axel Dreher & Andreas Fuchs, 2011.
"Does terror increase aid?,"
Springer, vol. 149(3), pages 337-363, December.
- Axel Dreher & Andreas Fuchs, 2011. "Does terror increase aid?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 86, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Todd Moss & David Roodman & Scott Standley, 2005. "The Global War on Terror and U.S. Development Assistance: USAID allocation by country, 1998-2005," Working Papers 62, Center for Global Development.
- Alan B. Krueger & Jitka Maleckova, 2003. "Education, Poverty and Terrorism: Is There a Causal Connection?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(4), pages 119-144, Fall.
- Mete Feridun & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2010.
"Fighting Terrorism: Are Military Measures Effective? Empirical Evidence From Turkey,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 193-205.
- Feridun, Mete & Shabaz, Muhammad, 2010. "Fighting terrorism: Are military measures effective? Empirical evidence from Turkey," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 7919, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Muhammad Javid & Abdul Qayyum, 2011. "Foreign Aid and Growth Nexus in Pakistan: The Role of Macroeconomic Policies," PIDE-Working Papers 2011:72, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Oh, Wankeun & Lee, Kihoon, 2004. "Causal relationship between energy consumption and GDP revisited: the case of Korea 1970-1999," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 51-59, January.
- Stephen Knack, 2001. "Aid Dependence and the Quality of Governance: Cross-Country Empirical Tests," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 310-329, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Qayyum, Unbreen & Din, Musleh-ud & Haider, Adnan, 2014.
"Foreign aid, external debt and governance,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 41-52.
- Qayyum, Unbreen & Musleh ud, Din & Haider, Adnan, 2012. "Foreign Aid, External Debt and Governance," MPRA Paper 40260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Unbreen Qayyum & Musleh-ud Din & Adnan Haider, 2013. "Foreign Aid, External Debt and Governance," SBP Working Paper Series 64, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Rehman, Faiz Ur & Nasir, Muhammad & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2017.
"What have we learned? Assessing the effectiveness of counterterrorism strategies in Pakistan,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 487-495.
- Rehman, Faiz Ur & Nasir, Muhammad & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2017. "What Have We Learned? Assessing the Effectiveness of Counterterrorism Strategies in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 77015, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Feb 2017.
- Muhanji, Stella & Ojah, Kalu, 2016. "Governance infrastructure and indebtedness of African countries: Do regional blocs matter?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 123-153.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign aid; War on terror; Terrorism; Pakistan;
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- H56 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - National Security and War
- F35 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Aid
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:29:y:2012:i:4:p:1137-1145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.