The calculation of capital requirement using Extreme Value Theory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carey, Mark & Hrycay, Mark, 2001. "Parameterizing credit risk models with rating data," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 197-270, January.
- Edward I. Altman & Andrea Resti & Andrea Sironi, 2002. "The link between default and recovery rates: effects on the procyclicality of regulatory capital ratios," BIS Working Papers 113, Bank for International Settlements.
- Johnston, Mark, 2009. "Extending the Basel II approach to estimate capital requirements for equity investments," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1177-1185, June.
- Edward Altman & Andrea Resti & Andrea Sironi, 2004. "Default Recovery Rates in Credit Risk Modelling: A Review of the Literature and Empirical Evidence," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 33(2), pages 183-208, July.
- Brooks, C. & Clare, A. D. & Persand, G., 2000. "A word of caution on calculating market-based minimum capital risk requirements," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1557-1574, October.
- Repullo, Rafael & Suarez, Javier, 2004. "Loan pricing under Basel capital requirements," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 496-521, October.
- Tor Jacobson & Jesper Lindé & Kasper Roszbach, 2005.
"Credit Risk Versus Capital Requirements under Basel II: Are SME Loans and Retail Credit Really Different?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 28(1), pages 43-75, October.
- Jacobson, Tor & Lindé, Jesper & Roszbach, Kasper, 2004. "Credit Risk versus Capital Requirements under Basel II: Are SME Loans and Retail Credit Really Different?," Working Paper Series 162, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Allen, Linda & DeLong, Gayle & Saunders, Anthony, 2004. "Issues in the credit risk modeling of retail markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 727-752, April.
- Grané, A. & Veiga, H., 2008. "Accurate minimum capital risk requirements: A comparison of several approaches," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 2482-2492, November.
- Perli, Roberto & Nayda, William I., 2004.
"Economic and regulatory capital allocation for revolving retail exposures,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 789-809, April.
- Roberto Perli & William I. Nayda, 2003. "Economic and regulatory capital allocation for revolving retail exposures," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-39, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Gatzert, Nadine & Schmeiser, Hato, 2008. "Combining fair pricing and capital requirements for non-life insurance companies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2589-2596, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gander, James P., 2013. "Integrating bank profit and risk-avoidance decisions for selected European countries: A micro–macro analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 717-722.
- Kao, Lie-Jane, 2015. "A portfolio-invariant capital allocation scheme penalizing concentration risk," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 560-570.
- Frontczak, Robert & Rostek, Stefan, 2015. "Modeling loss given default with stochastic collateral," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 162-170.
More about this item
KeywordsBasel accord Extreme Value Theory Capital requirement;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecmode:v:28:y:2011:i:1-2:p:390-395. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30411 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.