Effects of the open policy on the dependence between the Chinese 'A' stock market and other equity markets: An industry sector perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yuenan Wang & Amalia Di Iorio, 2007. "The cross-sectional relationship between stock returns and domestic and global factors in the Chinese A-share market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 181-203, August.
- Girardin, Eric & Liu, Zhenya, 2007.
"The financial integration of China: New evidence on temporally aggregated data for the A-share market,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 354-371.
- Eric Girardin & Zhenya Liu, 2007. "The financial integration of China: New evidence on temporally aggregated data for the A-share market," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006 160, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Hwahsin Cheng & John L. Glascock, 2006. "Stock Market Linkages Before and After the Asian Financial Crisis: Evidence from Three Greater China Economic Area Stock Markets and the US," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 9(02), pages 297-315.
- McNeil, Alexander J. & Frey, Rudiger, 2000. "Estimation of tail-related risk measures for heteroscedastic financial time series: an extreme value approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 271-300, November.
- Genest C. & Boies J-C., 2003. "Detecting Dependence With Kendall Plots," The American Statistician, American Statistical Association, vol. 57, pages 275-284, November.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser & Roca, Eduardo D., 2004. "Do birds of the same feather flock together?: The case of the Chinese states equity markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 281-294, July.
- Param Silvapulle & Xibin Zhang, 2007. "Assessing dependence changes using nonparametric methods," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 3(6), pages 397-401.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Rodriguez, Juan Carlos, 2007. "Measuring financial contagion: A Copula approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 401-423, June.
- Kim, Gunky & Silvapulle, Mervyn J. & Silvapulle, Paramsothy, 2007. "Comparison of semiparametric and parametric methods for estimating copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 2836-2850, March.
- Wang, Yuenan & Iorio, Amalia Di, 2007. "Are the China-related stock markets segmented with both world and regional stock markets?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 277-290, July.
- Okimoto, Tatsuyoshi, 2008. "New Evidence of Asymmetric Dependence Structures in International Equity Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 43(3), pages 787-815, September.
- Lin, Kuan-Pin & Menkveld, Albert J. & Yang, Zhishu, 2009. "Chinese and world equity markets: A review of the volatilities and correlations in the first fifteen years," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 29-45, March.
- Andrew J. Patton, 2006. "Modelling Asymmetric Exchange Rate Dependence," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(2), pages 527-556, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chen, Mei-Ping & Chang, Chi-Hung, 2014. "Industry co-movement and cross-listing: Do home country factors matter?," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 96-110.
- Nguyen, Cuong & Ishaq Bhatti, M. & Henry, Darren, 2017. "Are Vietnam and Chinese stock markets out of the US contagion effect in extreme events?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 480(C), pages 10-21.
- He, Hongbo & Chen, Shou & Yao, Shujie & Ou, Jinghua, 2014. "Financial liberalisation and international market interdependence: Evidence from China’s stock market in the post-WTO accession period," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 434-444.
- Toan Luu Duc Huynh, 2019. "Spillover Risks on Cryptocurrency Markets: A Look from VAR-SVAR Granger Causality and Student’s-t Copulas," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 12(2), pages 1-19, April.
- Wan, Li & Han, Liyan & Xu, Yang & Matousek, Roman, 2021. "Dynamic linkage between the Chinese and global stock markets: A normal mixture approach," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(C).
- Li, Hong, 2012. "The impact of China's stock market reforms on its international stock market linkages," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 358-368.
- Ye, George L., 2014. "The interactions between China and US stock markets: New perspectives," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 331-342.
- Guizhou Liu & Xiao-Jing Cai & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2018. "Modeling the Dependence Structure of Share Prices among Three Chinese City Banks," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 11(4), pages 1-18, September.
- Li, Hong, 2013. "Integration versus segmentation in China's stock market: An analysis of time-varying beta risks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 88-105.
- He, Hongbo & Chen, Shou & Yao, Shujie & Ou, Jinghua, 2015. "Stock market interdependence between China and the world: A multi-factor R-squared approach," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 125-129.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chang, Chi-Hung & Chen, Mei-Ping, 2015. "Industry co-movements of American depository receipts: Evidences from the copula approaches," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 301-314.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Anders Johansson, 2010.
"China's financial market integration with the world,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 293-314.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2009. "China'S Financial Market Integration With The World," Working Paper Series 2009-10, Stockholm School of Economics, China Economic Research Center.
- Tong, Bin & Diao, Xundi & Wu, Chongfeng, 2015. "Modeling asymmetric and dynamic dependence of overnight and daytime returns: An empirical evidence from China Banking Sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 366-382.
- Weiß, Gregor N.F., 2011. "Are Copula-GoF-tests of any practical use? Empirical evidence for stocks, commodities and FX futures," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 173-188, May.
- Małgorzata Doman & Ryszard Doman, 2013. "Dynamic linkages between stock markets: the effects of crises and globalization," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 12(2), pages 87-112, August.
- Tachibana, Minoru, 2022. "Safe haven assets for international stock markets: A regime-switching factor copula approach," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Jammazi, Rania & Tiwari, Aviral Kr. & Ferrer, Román & Moya, Pablo, 2015. "Time-varying dependence between stock and government bond returns: International evidence with dynamic copulas," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 74-93.
- Michał Adam & Piotr Bańbuła & Michał Markun, 2013. "Dependence and contagion between asset prices in Poland and abroad. A copula approach," NBP Working Papers 169, Narodowy Bank Polski.
- Dimic, Nebojsa & Piljak, Vanja & Swinkels, Laurens & Vulanovic, Milos, 2021. "The structure and degree of dependence in government bond markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- Hans Manner & Bertrand Candelon, 2010.
"Testing For Asset Market Linkages: A New Approach Based On Time‐Varying Copulas,"
Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 364-384, August.
- Manner, H. & Candelon, B., 2007. "Testing for asset market linkages: a new approach based on time-varying copulas," Research Memorandum 052, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Weber, Enzo & Zhang, Yanqun, 2012.
"Common influences, spillover and integration in Chinese stock markets,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 382-394.
- Enzo Weber & Yanqun Zhang, 2008. "Common Influences, Spillover and Integration in Chinese Stock Markets," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-072, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Lorán Chollete & Andréas Heinen & Alfonso Valdesogo, 2009.
"Modeling International Financial Returns with a Multivariate Regime-switching Copula,"
The Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 7(4), pages 437-480, Fall.
- Loran , CHOLLETTE & Andreas , HEINEN & Alfonso , VALDESOGO, 2008. "Modelling international financial returns with a multivariate regime switching copula," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2008011, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Chollete, Loran & Heinen, Andreas & Valdesogo, Alfonso, 2008. "Modeling International Financial Returns with a Multivariate Regime Switching Copula," MPRA Paper 8114, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- CHOLLETE, Loran & HEINEN, Andréas & VALDESOGO, Alfonso, 2008. "Modeling international financial returns with a multivariate regime switching copula," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2008013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Chollete, Lorán & Heinen, Andréas & Valdesogo, Alfonso, 2008. "Modeling International Financial Returns with a Multivariate Regime Switching Copula," Discussion Papers 2008/3, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Gong, Yuting & Li, Kevin X. & Chen, Shu-Ling & Shi, Wenming, 2020. "Contagion risk between the shipping freight and stock markets: Evidence from the recent US-China trade war," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 136(C).
- Silvapulle, Param & Fenech, Jean Pierre & Thomas, Alice & Brooks, Rob, 2016. "Determinants of sovereign bond yield spreads and contagion in the peripheral EU countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 83-92.
- Bhatti, M. Ishaq & Nguyen, Cuong C., 2012. "Diversification evidence from international equity markets using extreme values and stochastic copulas," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 622-646.
- Hussain, Saiful Izzuan & Li, Steven, 2018. "The dependence structure between Chinese and other major stock markets using extreme values and copulas," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 421-437.
- Diks, Cees & Panchenko, Valentyn & van Dijk, Dick, 2010.
"Out-of-sample comparison of copula specifications in multivariate density forecasts,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1596-1609, September.
- Cees Diks & Valentyn Panchenko & Dick van Dijk, 2008. "Out-of-sample Comparison of Copula Specifications in Multivariate Density Forecasts," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-105/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- Diks, C.G.H. & Dijk, D. van & Panchenko, V., 2008. "Out-of-sample comparison of copula specifications in multivariate density forecasts," CeNDEF Working Papers 08-10, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Cees Diks & Valentyn Panchenko & Dick van Dijk, 2008. "Out-of-sample comparison of copula specifications in multivariate density forecasts," Discussion Papers 2008-23, School of Economics, The University of New South Wales.
- Cees Diks & Valentyn Panchenko & Dick van Dijk, 2010. "Out-of-sample comparison of copula specifications in multivariate density forecasts," Post-Print hal-00732675, HAL.
- Heni Boubaker & Nadia Sghaier, 2015. "On the Dynamic Dependence between US and other Developed Stock Markets: An Extreme-value Time-varying Copula Approach," Bankers, Markets & Investors, ESKA Publishing, issue 136-137, pages 80-93, May-June.
- De Lira Salvatierra, Irving & Patton, Andrew J., 2015.
"Dynamic copula models and high frequency data,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 120-135.
- Irving Arturo De Lira Salvatierra & Andrew J. Patton, 2013. "Dynamic Copula Models and High Frequency Data," Working Papers 13-28, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Minoru Tachibana, 2020. "Flight-to-quality in the stock–bond return relation: a regime-switching copula approach," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 34(4), pages 429-470, December.
- Ye, Wuyi & Liu, Xiaoquan & Miao, Baiqi, 2012. "Measuring the subprime crisis contagion: Evidence of change point analysis of copula functions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 222(1), pages 96-103.
More about this item
KeywordsDependence Copula Chi-plot Kendall-plot Semi-parametric estimation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:21:y:2011:i:1:p:49-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.