Adjustment, trade policy and investment slumps: evidence from Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F. & Hendry, David F., 1993.
"Testing superexogeneity and invariance in regression models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 119-139, March.
- Engle, R. & Hendry, D., 1990. "Testing Super Exogeneity And Invariance In Regression Models," Economics Series Working Papers 99100, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Shantayanan Devarajan & Jaime de Melo, 2015.
"Adjustment with a Fixed Exchange Rate: Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, and Senegal,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Developing Countries in the World Economy, chapter 4, pages 83-123,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Devarajan, Shantayanan & de Melo, Jaime, 1987. "Adjustment with a Fixed Exchange Rate: Cameroon, Cote d'Ivoire, and Senegal," The World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(3), pages 447-487, May.
- Riccardo Faini & Jaime de Melo, 2015.
"Adjustment, Investment and the Real Exchange Rate in Developing Countries,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Developing Countries in the World Economy, chapter 6, pages 137-165,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Faini, Riccardo & de Melo, Jaime, 1990. "Adjustment, investment, and the real exchange rate in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 473, The World Bank.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Joshua Greene & Delano Villanueva, 1991. "Private Investment in Developing Countries: An Empirical Analysis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(1), pages 33-58, March.
- Leybourne, S J, 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots Using Forward and Reverse Dickey-Fuller Regressions," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(4), pages 559-571, November.
- Buffie, Edward F., 1986. "Devaluation, investment and growth in LDCs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 361-379, March.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989.
"The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Bevan, David & Collier, Paul & Gunning, Jan Willem, 1992. "Anatomy of a Temporary Trade Shock: The Kenyan Coffee Boom of 1976-9," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 1(2), pages 271-305, August.
- Bleaney, Michael & Greenaway, David, 1993. "Adjustment to external imbalance and investment slumps in developing countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 577-585, April.
- Musalem, Alberto R., 1989. "Private investment in Mexico : an empirical analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 183, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Omar A Mendoza Lugo, 2008. "The differential impact of real interest rates and credit availability on private investment: evidence from Venezuela," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Transmission mechanisms for monetary policy in emerging market economies, volume 35, pages 501-537, Bank for International Settlements.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-557 is not listed on IDEAS
- Atangana Ondoa Henri, 2019. "Heavily indebted poor countries initiative (HIPC), debt relief, economic stability and economic growth in Africa," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 52(2), pages 89-121, May.
- Mark McGillivray, 2009. "Aid, Economic Reform, and Public Sector Fiscal Behavior in Developing Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(s1), pages 526-542, August.
- Debi Prasad Bal & Badri Narayan Rath, 2018. "Do Macroeconomics Channels Matter for Examining Relationship Between Public Debt and Economic Growth in India?," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 16(1), pages 121-142, December.
- Guncavdi, Oner & Bleaney, Michael & McKay, Andrew, 1998. "Financial liberalisation and private investment: evidence from Turkey," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 443-455.
- Pravakar Sahoo & Ashwani Bishnoi, 2021. "Investment Slowdown in India: Role of Fiscal-Monetary policy and Economic Uncertainty," IEG Working Papers 439, Institute of Economic Growth.
- Kul B. Luintel & George Mavrotas, 2005. "Examining Private Investment Heterogeneity: Evidence from a Dynamic Panel," WIDER Working Paper Series DP2005-11, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ndikumana, Leonce, 2000. "Financial Determinants of Domestic Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Panel Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 381-400, February.
- Christopher E.S. WARBURTON, 2012. "ISI and New Industrial Conditions in Latin America and Africa," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 12(2).
- Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong, 2011. "Financial development, foreign investment and economic growth in Malaysia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 335-342, August.
- Sambulo Malumisa, 2013. "Comparative Analysis of the Determinants and Behaviour of Investment Demand between South Africa and Zimbabwe," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 5(6), pages 385-397.
- B Ouattara, 2004. "Modelling the Long Run Determinants of Private Investment in Senegal," Economics Discussion Paper Series 0413, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Ambaye, Guesh Gebremeske & Berhanu, T. & Abera, G., 2013. "Modeling the Determinats of Domestic Private Investments in Ethiopia," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 5(4), pages 1-11, December.
- A. Sepehri & S. Moshiri & M. Doudongee, 2000. "The Foreign Exchange Constraints to Economic Adjustment: The case of Iran," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 235-251.
- Tomoe Moore, 2009. "Soft Budget Constraints in EU Transition Economy Enterprises," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 411-430, December.
- Omri, Anis & kahouli, Bassem, 2014. "The nexus among foreign investment, domestic capital and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the MENA region," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 257-263.
- Muhammad Firdaus, 2010. "Disparity of investment inflows among regions in Indonesia," Economic Journal of Emerging Markets, Universitas Islam Indonesia, Department of Economics, vol. 2(3), pages 237-250, April.
- Omri, Anis & Kahouli, Bassem, 2013. "The nexus between foreign investment, domestic capital and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the MENA region," MPRA Paper 82505, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2013.
- Jayaraman, T-K, 1996. "Private Investment and Macroeconomic Environment in the South Pacific Island Countries : A Cross-Country Analysis," Papers 14, Asian Development Bank.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Campos, Julia & Ericsson, Neil R. & Hendry, David F., 1996.
"Cointegration tests in the presence of structural breaks,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 187-220, January.
- Julia Campos & Neil R. Ericsson & David F. Hendry, 1993. "Cointegration tests in the presence of structural breaks," International Finance Discussion Papers 440, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Dan H. Andersen & Hans-Joachim Voth, 1997.
"Neutrality and Mediterranean Shipping Under Danish Flag, 1750-1807,"
Oxford University Economic and Social History Series
_018, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Hans-Joachim Voth & Dan H. Andersen, 1997. "Neutrality and Mediterranean Shipping Under Danish Flag, 1750-1807," Economics Series Working Papers 1997-W18, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Ribeiro, Marcio Bruno & Teixeira, Joanílio Rodolpho, 2001. "An econometric analysis of private-sector investment in Brazil," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Hans-Joachim Voth & Dan H. Andersen, 1997. "Neutrality and Mediterranean Shipping Under Danish Flag, 1750-1807," Oxford Economic and Social History Working Papers _018, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- repec:zbw:bofism:2012_047 is not listed on IDEAS
- Buffie, Edward F. & Won, Yongkul, 2001. "Devaluation and investment in an optimizing model of the small open economy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1461-1499, August.
- Taipalus, Katja, 2012. "Detecting asset price bubbles with time-series methods," Scientific Monographs, Bank of Finland, number 2012_047.
- Bosker, Maarten & Brakman, Steven & Garretsen, Harry & Schramm, Marc, 2008.
"A century of shocks: The evolution of the German city size distribution 1925-1999,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 330-347, July.
- Maarten Bosker & Steven Brakman & Harry Garretsen & Marc Schramm, 2006. "A Century of Shocks: The Evolution of the German City Size Distribution 1925 – 1999," CESifo Working Paper Series 1728, CESifo.
- Bierens, H.J. & Broersma, L., 1991. "The relation between unemployment and interest rate : some international evidence," Serie Research Memoranda 0112, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Shyh-Wei Chen, 2008. "Non-stationarity and Non-linearity in Stock Prices: Evidence from the OECD Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(11), pages 1-11.
- Hartikainen, Johanna, 1995. "Dynamic effects of demand and supply disturbances on the Finnish economy: Did liberalization of capital movements matter?," Bank of Finland Research Discussion Papers 36/1995, Bank of Finland.
- Wilton Bernardino & João B. Amaral & Nelson L. Paes & Raydonal Ospina & José L. Távora, 2022. "A statistical investigation of a stock valuation model," SN Business & Economics, Springer, vol. 2(8), pages 1-25, August.
- Cécile Couharde & Vincent Géronimi & Armand Taranco, 2012.
"Les hausses récentes des cours des matières premières traduisent-elles l'entrée dans un régime de prix plus élevés ?,"
Revue Tiers-Monde, Armand Colin, vol. 0(3), pages 13-34.
- Cécile Couharde & Vincent Geronimi & Armand Taranco, 2012. "Les hausses récentes des cours des matières premières traduisent-elles l'entrée dans un régime de prix plus élevés?," Post-Print hal-01385858, HAL.
- Kondoz, Mehmet & Kirikkaleli, Dervis & Athari, Seyed Alireza, 2021. "Time-frequency dependencies of financial and economic risks in South American countries," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 170-181.
- Philippe Andrade & Catherine Bruneau, 2002.
"Excess returns, portfolio choices and exchange rate dynamics. The yen/dollar case, 1980–1998,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 64(3), pages 233-256, July.
- Ph. Andrade & C. Bruneau, 1998. "Excess returns, portfolio choices and exchange rates dynamics. The Yen/Dollar case, 1980-1998," THEMA Working Papers 98-36, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Andrade, P. & Bruneau, C., 1998. "Excess Returns, Portfolio Choices and Exchange rates Dynamics. The Yen/Dollar Case, 1980-1998," Papers 9836, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Ahmed, Maruf Yakubu & Sarkodie, Samuel Asumadu, 2021. "Counterfactual shock in energy commodities affects stock market dynamics: Evidence from the United States," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(C).
- Barja, Gover, 1995. "Time Series Analysis of Macroeconomic Conditions in Open Economies," MPRA Paper 62178, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Derek Bond & Michael J. Harrison & Edward J. O'Brien, 2005.
"Testing for Long Memory and Nonlinear Time Series: A Demand for Money Study,"
Trinity Economics Papers
tep20021, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Bond, Derek & Harrison, Michael J & O’Brien, Edward J., 2006. "Testing for Long Memory and Nonlinear Time Series: A Demand for Money Study," Research Technical Papers 2/RT/06, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Nidhal Mgadmi & Houssem Rachdi & Hichem Saidi & Khaled Guesmi, 2019. "On the Instability of Tunisian Money Demand: Some Empirical Issues with Structural Breaks," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 17(1), pages 153-165, March.
- Amjad Ali & Marc Audi & Chan Bibi & Yannick Roussel, 2021.
"The Impact of Gender Inequality and Environmental Degradation on Human Well-being in the Case of Pakistan: A Time Series Analysis,"
International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 11(2), pages 92-99.
- Bibi, Chan & Audi, Marc & Ali, Amjad, 2017. "The Impact of Gender Inequality and Environmental Degradation on Human Well-Being in The Case of Pakistan: A Time Series Analysis," MPRA Paper 83470, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ali, Amjad & Audi, Marc & Bibi, Chan & Roussel, Yannick, 2021. "The Impact of Gender Inequality and Environmental Degradation on Human Well-Being in The Case of Pakistan: A Time Series Analysis," MPRA Paper 106655, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2021.
- Abadir, Karim M. & Distaso, Walter, 2007.
"Testing joint hypotheses when one of the alternatives is one-sided,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 695-718, October.
- K Abadir & W Distaso, "undated". "Testing joint hypotheses when one of the alternatives is one-sided," Discussion Papers 05/13, Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:52:y:1997:i:1:p:121-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.