Private Investment and Macroeconomic Environment in the South Pacific Island Countries : A Cross-Country Analysis
The paper undertakes an empirical investigation of key macroeconomic factors affecting private investment in the South Pacific developing member countries. The study finds that instability in the real exchange rate had a sizeable adverse effect on private investment.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: (63-2) 636-2648
Web page: http://www.adb.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kormendi, Roger C. & Meguire, Philip G., 1985. "Macroeconomic determinants of growth: Cross-country evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 141-163, September.
- Perron, P., 1986.
"Trends and Random Walks in Macroeconomic Time Series: Further Evidence From a New Approach,"
Cahiers de recherche
8650, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Perron, Pierre, 1988. "Trends and random walks in macroeconomic time series : Further evidence from a new approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 297-332.
- Fielding, David, 1997. "Adjustment, trade policy and investment slumps: evidence from Africa," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 121-137, February.
- Kalpana Kochhar & Erik Offerdal & Louis Dicks-Mireaux & Mauro Mecagni & Jian-Ping Zhou & BalÃ¡zs HorvÃ¡th & David John Goldsbrough & Sharmini Coorey, 1996. "Reinvigorating Growth in Developing Countries; Lessons from Adjustment Policies in Eight Economies," IMF Occasional Papers 139, International Monetary Fund.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, P., 1974. "Spurious regressions in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 111-120, July.
- Joshua Greene & Delano Villanueva, 1991. "Private Investment in Developing Countries: An Empirical Analysis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(1), pages 33-58, March.
- Dhaneshwar Ghura, 1997. "Private Investment and Endogenous Growth; Evidence From Cameroon," IMF Working Papers 97/165, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:asdbed:14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.