Avoiding some costs of inflation and crawling toward hyperinflation: The case of the Brazilian domestic currency substitute
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fischer, Stanley & Summers, Lawrence H, 1989. "Should Governments Learn to Live with Inflation?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 382-87, May.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834, March.
- Don Patinkin, 1993. "Israel's Stabilization Program of 1985, or Some Simple Truths of Monetary Theory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 103-128, Spring.
- Dionisio Dias Carneiro & Marcio Gomes Pinto Garcia, 1993. "Capital flows and monetary control under a domestic currency substitution regime: The recent Brazilian experience," Textos para discussão 304, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Simonsen, Mario Henrique & Cysne, Rubens Penha, 1994. "Welfare costs of inflation: the case for interest-bearing money and empirical estimates for Brazil," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 245, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000.
"Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Michael Bruno & Stanley Fischer, 1990. "Seigniorage, Operating Rules, and the High Inflation Trap," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(2), pages 353-374.
- Allan Drazen & Elhanan Helpman, 1990.
"Inflationary Consequences of Anticipated Macroeconomic Policies,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 57(1), pages 147-164.
- Allan Drazen & Elhanan Helpman, 1986. "Inflationary Consequences of Anticipated Macroeconomic Policies," NBER Working Papers 2006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Persio Arida & André Lara Resende, 1985. "Inertial inflation and monetary reform in Brazil," Textos para discussão 85, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Robert J. Hodrick & Narayana Kocherlakota & Deborah Lucas, 1989.
"The Variability of Velocity in Cash-In-Advance Models,"
NBER Working Papers
2891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Kocherlakota, Narayana R & Lucas, Deborah, 1991. "The Variability of Velocity in Cash-in-Advance Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(2), pages 358-84, April.
- Cysne, Rubens Penha, 1993. "Imposto inflacionário e transferências inflacionárias no Brasil," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 219, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Eliana Cardoso, 1991. "From Inertia to Megainflation: Brazil in the 1980s," NBER Working Papers 3585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:51:y:1996:i:1:p:139-159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.