Small area estimation using a nonparametric model-based direct estimator
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521785167, April.
- Ugarte, M.D. & Goicoa, T. & Militino, A.F. & Durbán, M., 2009. "Spline smoothing in small area trend estimation and forecasting," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(10), pages 3616-3629, August.
- María José Lombardía & Stefan Sperlich, 2008. "Semiparametric inference in generalized mixed effects models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 70(5), pages 913-930.
- Ruppert,David & Wand,M. P. & Carroll,R. J., 2003. "Semiparametric Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521780506, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tapabrata Maiti & Samiran Sinha & Ping-Shou Zhong, 2016. "Functional Mixed Effects Model for Small Area Estimation," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 43(3), pages 886-903, September.
- Stefan Sperlich, 2013. "Comments on: Model-free model-fitting and predictive distributions," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 22(2), pages 227-233, June.
- N. Salvati & N. Tzavidis & M. Pratesi & R. Chambers, 2012. "Small area estimation via M-quantile geographically weighted regression," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 21(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Chiara Bocci & Emilia Rocco, 2014. "Estimates for geographical domains through geoadditive models in presence of incomplete geographical information," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 23(2), pages 283-305, June.
- repec:bla:jorssa:v:180:y:2017:i:4:p:1229-1252 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chandra, Hukum & Salvati, Nicola & Chambers, Ray & Tzavidis, Nikos, 2012. "Small area estimation under spatial nonstationarity," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(10), pages 2875-2888.
More about this item
KeywordsNon-linear regression model Empirical best linear unbiased prediction Penalized splines Mean squared error estimator Unit level model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:54:y:2010:i:9:p:2159-2171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.