Policy support and emerging farmer professional cooperatives in rural China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 2006. "The emergence of agricultural commodity markets in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 266-280.
- Torgerson, Randall E. & Reynolds, Bruce J. & Gray, Thomas W., 1998. "Evolution of Cooperative Thought, Theory, and Purpose," Journal of Cooperatives, NCERA-210, vol. 13.
- Holloway, Garth & Nicholson, Charles & Delgado, Chris & Staal, Steve & Ehui, Simeon K., 2000. "Agroindustrialization through institutional innovation Transaction costs, cooperatives and milk-market development in the east-African highlands," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 23(3), September.
- Fan, Shenggen, 1997. "Production and productivity growth in Chinese agriculture: new measurement and evidence," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 213-228, June.
- Fukuyama, Hirofumi & Guerra, Ramon & Weber, William L., 1999. "Efficiency and ownership: evidence from Japanese credit cooperatives," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 473-487.
- Lele, Uma, 1981. "Co-operatives and the poor: A comparative perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 55-72, January.
- Hussi, P. & Murphy, J. & Lindberg, O. & Brenneman, L., 1993. "The Development of Cooperatives and Other Rural Organizations: The Role of the World Bank," Papers 199, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Cook, Michael L., 1994. "The Role of Management Behavior in Agricultural Cooperatives," Journal of Agricultural Cooperation, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, vol. 9.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1988. "Farmers' Cooperatives as Behavior Toward Risk," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(1), pages 224-232, March.
- Lin, Justin Yifu, 1992. "Rural Reforms and Agricultural Growth in China," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 34-51, March.
- Staatz, John M., 1987. "Recent Developments in the Theory of Agricultural Cooperation," Journal of Agricultural Cooperation, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, vol. 2.
- McMillan, John & Whalley, John & Zhu, Lijing, 1989. "The Impact of China's Economic Reforms on Agricultural Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 781-807, August.
- Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 1996. "Technological change: Rediscovering the engine of productivity growth in China's rural economy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 337-369, May.
- Sicular, Terry, 1988. "Plan and Market in China's Agricultural Commerce," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 283-307, April.
- Harris, Andrea & Stefanson, Brenda & Fulton, Murray E., 1996. "New Generation Cooperatives and Cooperative Theory," Journal of Cooperatives, NCERA-210, vol. 11.
- Hellin, Jon & Lundy, Mark & Meijer, Madelon, 2009. "Farmer organization, collective action and market access in Meso-America," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 16-22, February.
- Jose Blandon & Spencer Henson & John Cranfield, 2009. "Small-scale farmer participation in new agri-food supply chains: Case of the supermarket supply chain for fruit and vegetables in Honduras," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(7), pages 971-984.
- Holloway, Garth & Nicholson, Charles & Delgado, Chris & Staal, Steve & Ehui, Simeon, 2000. "Agroindustrialization through institutional innovation: Transaction costs, cooperatives and milk-market development in the east-African highlands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 279-288, September.
- Melvin Albaum, 1966. "Cooperative Agricultural Settlement in Egypt and Israel," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 42(2), pages 221-225.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoken, Hisatoshi & Su, Qun, 2015. "Measuring the effect of agricultural cooperatives on household income using PSM-DID : a case study of a rice-producing cooperative in China," IDE Discussion Papers 539, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Michelson, Hope & Boucher, Stephen R. & Bai, Junfei & Jia, Xiangping & Huang, Jikun & Chen, Xinzhe, 2013. "Supermarket Supply Chains with Chinese Characteristics: The Case of Walmart's Direct Farms," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150441, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bijman, Jos & Hu, Dinghuan, 2011. "The Rise of New Farmer Cooperatives in China: Evidence from Hubei Province," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 39(2).
- Ma, Wanglin & Abdulai, Awudu, 2016. "Does cooperative membership improve household welfare? Evidence from apple farmers in China," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 94-102.
- Hoken, Hisatoshi, 2016. "Participation in farmer's cooperatives and its effects on agricultural incomes : evidence from vegetable-producing areas in China," IDE Discussion Papers 578, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Ma, Meilin & Zhu, Heng, 2014. "Decision Making Among Heterogeneous Members: A Study on Economic Efficiency under the Centralized Structure of Chinese Farmer Professional Cooperatives," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 168366, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Ito, Junichi & Bao, Zongshun & Su, Qun, 2012. "Distributional effects of agricultural cooperatives in China: Exclusion of smallholders and potential gains on participation," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 700-709.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:7:p:1175-:d:103761 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Huan & Klerkx, Laurens & Leeuwis, Cees, 2014. "Functions and limitations of farmer cooperatives as innovation intermediaries: Findings from China," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 115-125.
- Bijman, Jos & Hu, Dinghuan, 2011. "The Rise of New Farmer Cooperatives in China; Evidence from Hubei Province," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114252, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sultan, Tursinbek & Wolz, Axel, 2012. "Agricultural Cooperative Development in China and Vietnam since Decollectivization: A Multi-Stakeholder Approach," Journal of Rural Cooperation, Hebrew University, Center for Agricultural Economic Research, vol. 40(2).
- Benoit Daviron & Mathilde Douillet, 2013. "Major players of the international food trade and the world food security," FOODSECURE Working papers 12, LEI Wageningen UR.
More about this item
KeywordsPolicy Farmer Cooperatives China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:21:y:2010:i:4:p:495-507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .