Does trade liberalization accelerate convergence in per capita incomes in developing countries?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben-David, Dan, 1996. "Trade and convergence among countries," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 279-298, May.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Deardorff, Alan V., 1986. "Firless firwoes: How preferences can interfere with the theorems of international trade," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 131-142, February.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- Slaughter, Matthew J., 2001. "Trade liberalization and per capita income convergence: a difference-in-differences analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 203-228, October.
- Matsuyama, Kiminori, 1996.
"Why Are There Rich and Poor Countries? Symmetry-Breaking in the World Economy,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 419-439, December.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 1996. "Why Are There Rich and Poor Countries? Symmetry-Breaking in the World Economy," NBER Working Papers 5697, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Jones, Charles I, 1996. "Comparing Apples to Oranges: Productivity Convergence and Measurement across Industries and Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1216-1238, December.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1970. "Factor Price Equalization in a Dynamic Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(3), pages 456-488, May-June.
- Dan Ben-David, 1993. "Equalizing Exchange: Trade Liberalization and Income Convergence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 653-679.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vatthanamixay Chansomphou & Masaru Ichihashi, 2011. "The impact of trade openness on the incomes of four South East Asian countries before and after the Asian financial crisis," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 31(4), pages 2890-2902.
- Chowdhury, K, 2005. "What´s Happening to Per Capita Gdp in the ASEAN Countries?. An Analysis of Convergence, 1960-2001," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 5(3).
- Weill, Laurent, 2009.
"Convergence in banking efficiency across European countries,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 818-833, December.
- Laurent Weill, 2008. "Convergence in Banking Efficiency Across European Countries," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2008-07, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Casu, Barbara & Girardone, Claudia, 2010. "Integration and efficiency convergence in EU banking markets," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 260-267, October.
- Jenifer Daley & Kent Matthews & Tiantian Zhang, 2013. "Post-crisis cost efficiency of Jamaican banks," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(20), pages 1599-1607, October.
- Craigwell, Roland & Maurin, Alain, 2011. "Are Caribbean countries diverging or converging? evidence from spatial econometrics," MPRA Paper 33433, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmed Nawaz Hakro & Bashir Ahmad Fida, 2009. "Trade and Income Convergence in Selected South Asian Countries and Their Trading Partners," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 14(2), pages 49-70, Jul-Dec.
- Wild, Joerg, 2016.
"Efficiency and risk convergence of Eurozone financial markets,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 196-211.
- Wild, Joerg, 2015. "Efficiency and Risk Convergence of Eurozone Financial Markets," MPRA Paper 68371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Coccorese, Paolo & Pellecchia, Alfonso, 2013. "Multimarket contact, competition and pricing in banking," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 187-214.
- Weill, Laurent, 2013. "Bank competition in the EU: How has it evolved?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 100-112.
- Josef T. Yap, 2005. "Economic Integration and Regional Cooperation in East Asia - A Pragmatic View," Trade Working Papers 22003, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:15:y:2004:i:1:p:33-48. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.