Bank competition in the EU: How has it evolved?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 2004. "Comment on "What Drives Bank Competition? Some International Evidence" by Stijn Claessens and Luc Laeven," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 585-592, June.
- Weill, Laurent, 2009.
"Convergence in banking efficiency across European countries,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 818-833, December.
- Laurent Weill, 2008. "Convergence in Banking Efficiency Across European Countries," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2008-07, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Juan Fernández De Guevara & Joaquín Maudos, 2007. "Explanatory Factors Of Market Power In The Banking System," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 75(3), pages 275-296, June.
- Juan Fernández de Guevara & Joaquín Maudos & Francisco Pérez, 2005. "Market Power in European Banking Sectors," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 109-137, April.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2004.
"What Drives Bank Competition? Some International Evidence,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 563-583, June.
- Stijn Claessens & Luc Laeven, 2004. "What drives bank competition? Some international evidence," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 563-592.
- Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2003. "What drives bank competition? some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3113, The World Bank.
- Carbó, Santiago & Humphrey, David & Maudos, Joaquín & Molyneux, Philip, 2009.
"Cross-country comparisons of competition and pricing power in European banking,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 115-134, February.
- Santiago Carbó Valverde & David B. Humphrey & Joaquin Maudos & Philip Molyneux, 2006. "Cross-country comparisons of competition and pricing power in European banking," Proceedings 1107, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Humphrey David & Carbó Valverde Santiago & Maudos Villarroya Joaquín & Molyneux Philip, 2006. "Cross-Country Comparisons of Competition and Pricing Power in European Banking," Working Papers 201036, Fundacion BBVA / BBVA Foundation.
- Carbo, Santiago & Humphrey, David & Maudos, Joaquin & Molyneux, Philip, 2006. "Cross-Country Comparisons of Competition and Pricing Power in European Banking," MPRA Paper 15258, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Martin Cihak & Simon Wolfe & Klaus Schaeck, 2006. "Are More Competitive Banking Systems More Stable?," IMF Working Papers 06/143, International Monetary Fund.
- Zuzana Fungáčová & Laurent Weill, 2013. "Does competition influence bank failures?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 21(2), pages 301-322, April.
- repec:cii:cepiei:2010-4te is not listed on IDEAS
- Zuzana Fungácová & Laura Solanko & Laurent Weill, 2010.
"Market power in the russian banking industry,"
CEPII research center, issue 124, pages 127-146.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Solanko, Laura & Weill, Laurent, 2010. "Market power in the Russian banking industry," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2010, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Zuzana Fungacova & Laura Solanko & Laurent Weill, 2010. "Market Power in the Russian Banking Industry," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2010-09, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Fabio Canova & Albert Marcet, 1995.
"The poor stay poor: Non-convergence across countries and regions,"
Economics Working Papers
137, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 1999.
- Canova, Fabio & Marcet, Albert, 1995. "The Poor Stay Poor: Non-Convergence Across Countries and Regions," CEPR Discussion Papers 1265, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De Bandt, Olivier & Davis, E. Philip, 2000. "Competition, contestability and market structure in European banking sectors on the eve of EMU," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1045-1066, June.
- repec:elg:eechap:16878_10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quah, Danny T., 1996. "Empirics for economic growth and convergence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1353-1375, June.
- S. Baranzoni & P. Bianchi & L. Lambertini, 2000. "Multiproduct Firms, Product Differentiation, and Market Structure," Working Papers 368, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bikker, Jacob A. & Haaf, Katharina, 2002.
"Competition, concentration and their relationship: An empirical analysis of the banking industry,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 2191-2214, November.
- J.A. Bikker & K. Haaf, 2000. "Competition, concentration and their relationship: an empirical analysis of the banking industry," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 30, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- J.A. Bikker & K. Haaf, 2001. "Competition, Concentration and their Relationship: an EmpiricalAnalysis of the Banking Industry," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 68, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Parikh, Ashok & Shibata, Miyuki, 2004. "Does trade liberalization accelerate convergence in per capita incomes in developing countries?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 33-48, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Leora F. Klapper & Rima Turk-Ariss, 2017.
"Bank competition and financial stability,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Competition in Banking and Finance, chapter 10, pages 185-204
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Panzar, John C & Rosse, James N, 1987. "Testing for "Monopoly" Equilibrium," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 443-456, June.
- Fungáčová, Zuzana & Weill, Laurent, 2009.
"How market power influences bank failures : Evidence from Russia,"
BOFIT Discussion Papers
12/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Zuzana Fungacova & Laurent Weill, 2010. "How Market Power Influences Bank Failures Evidence from Russia," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2010-08, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1991. "Convergence across States and Regions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 107-182.
- Fung, Michael K., 2006. "Scale economies, X-efficiency, and convergence of productivity among bank holding companies," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2857-2874, October.
- Turk Ariss, Rima, 2010. "On the implications of market power in banking: Evidence from developing countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 765-775, April.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992.
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 223-251, April.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence Across States and Regions," Papers 629, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Convergence," Scholarly Articles 3451299, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Barro, R.J. & Sala-I-Martin, X., 1991. "Convergence," Papers 645, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Maudos, Joaquin & de Guevara, Juan Fernandez, 2007. "The cost of market power in banking: Social welfare loss vs. cost inefficiency," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 2103-2125, July.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking; Competition; European integration;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intfin:v:26:y:2013:i:c:p:100-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/intfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.