Challenges and options for a large wind power uptake by the European electricity system
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hadley, Stanton W. & Tsvetkova, Alexandra A., 2009. "Potential Impacts of Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles on Regional Power Generation," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 56-68, December.
- Andersen, Poul H. & Mathews, John A. & Rask, Morten, 2009. "Integrating private transport into renewable energy policy: The strategy of creating intelligent recharging grids for electric vehicles," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2481-2486, July.
- Lund, Henrik & Kempton, Willett, 2008. "Integration of renewable energy into the transport and electricity sectors through V2G," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3578-3587, September.
- Roy, Anindita & Kedare, Shireesh B. & Bandyopadhyay, Santanu, 2010. "Optimum sizing of wind-battery systems incorporating resource uncertainty," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(8), pages 2712-2727, August.
- Singh, Bharat & Singh, S.N., 2009. "Wind Power Interconnection into the Power System: A Review of Grid Code Requirements," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 54-63, June.
- Perujo, Adolfo & Ciuffo, Biagio, 2010. "The introduction of electric vehicles in the private fleet: Potential impact on the electric supply system and on the environment. A case study for the Province of Milan, Italy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4549-4561, August.
- de Alegría, Iñigo Martinez & Andreu, Jon & Martín, José Luis & Ibañez, Pedro & Villate, José Luis & Camblong, Haritza, 2007. "Connection requirements for wind farms: A survey on technical requierements and regulation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(8), pages 1858-1872, October.
- Weigt, Hannes, 2009.
"Germany's wind energy: The potential for fossil capacity replacement and cost saving,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 1857-1863, October.
- Weigt, Hannes, 2008. "Germany’s Wind Energy: The Potential for Fossil Capacity Replacement and Cost Saving," MPRA Paper 65659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Salgi, Georges & Lund, Henrik, 2008. "System behaviour of compressed-air energy-storage in Denmark with a high penetration of renewable energy sources," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(4), pages 182-189, April.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Kondili, E. & Filios, A., 2006. "Sizing a hybrid wind-diesel stand-alone system on the basis of minimum long-term electricity production cost," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(12), pages 1384-1403, December.
- Blarke, M.B. & Lund, H., 2008. "The effectiveness of storage and relocation options in renewable energy systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1499-1507.
- Connolly, D. & Lund, H. & Mathiesen, B.V. & Leahy, M., 2010. "Modelling the existing Irish energy-system to identify future energy costs and the maximum wind penetration feasible," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2164-2173.
- Thiel, Christian & Perujo, Adolfo & Mercier, Arnaud, 2010. "Cost and CO2 aspects of future vehicle options in Europe under new energy policy scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 7142-7151, November.
- DeLuchi, Mark A. & Wang, Quanlu & Sperling, Daniel, 1989. "Electric Vehicles: Performance, Life-Cycle Costs, Emissions, and Recharging Requirements," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt4w0463pt, University of California Transportation Center.
- Luickx, Patrick J. & Delarue, Erik D. & D'haeseleer, William D., 2008. "Considerations on the backup of wind power: Operational backup," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(9), pages 787-799, September.
More about this item
KeywordsWind turbine Power transmission Power reserves;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:88:y:2011:i:5:p:1461-1469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.