Considerations on the backup of wind power: Operational backup
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lund, Henrik, 2005. "Large-scale integration of wind power into different energy systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(13), pages 2402-2412.
- Holttinen, H., 2005. "Optimal electricity market for wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(16), pages 2052-2063, November.
- Felder, Frank A., 2001. ""An Island of Technicality in a Sea of Discretion": A Critique of Existing Electric Power Systems Reliability Analysis and Policy," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 21-31, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morales, J.M. & Mínguez, R. & Conejo, A.J., 2010. "A methodology to generate statistically dependent wind speed scenarios," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 843-855, March.
- Mohandes, M. & Rehman, S. & Rahman, S.M., 2011. "Estimation of wind speed profile using adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system (ANFIS)," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 4024-4032.
- Van den Bergh, Kenneth & Bruninx, Kenneth & Delarue, Erik, 2018. "Cross-border reserve markets: network constraints in cross-border reserve procurement," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 193-205.
- Wilton, Edgar & Delarue, Erik & D’haeseleer, William & van Sark, Wilfried, 2014. "Reconsidering the capacity credit of wind power: Application of cumulative prospect theory," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 752-760.
- Gökçek, Murat & Genç, Mustafa Serdar, 2009. "Evaluation of electricity generation and energy cost of wind energy conversion systems (WECSs) in Central Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(12), pages 2731-2739, December.
- Cany, Camille & Mansilla, Christine & da Costa, Pascal & Mathonnière, Gilles & Duquesnoy, Thierry & Baschwitz, Anne, 2016. "Nuclear and intermittent renewables: Two compatible supply options? The case of the French power mix," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 135-146.
- Bellekom, Sandra & Benders, René & Pelgröm, Steef & Moll, Henk, 2012. "Electric cars and wind energy: Two problems, one solution? A study to combine wind energy and electric cars in 2020 in The Netherlands," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 859-866.
- Li, Gong & Shi, Jing, 2010. "On comparing three artificial neural networks for wind speed forecasting," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(7), pages 2313-2320, July.
- Ladenburg, Jacob & Dahlgaard, Jens-Olav, 2012. "Attitudes, threshold levels and cumulative effects of the daily wind-turbine encounters," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 40-46.
- Weigt, Hannes, 2009.
"Germany's wind energy: The potential for fossil capacity replacement and cost saving,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 1857-1863, October.
- Weigt, Hannes, 2008. "Germany’s Wind Energy: The Potential for Fossil Capacity Replacement and Cost Saving," MPRA Paper 65659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Purvins, Arturs & Zubaryeva, Alyona & Llorente, Maria & Tzimas, Evangelos & Mercier, Arnaud, 2011. "Challenges and options for a large wind power uptake by the European electricity system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(5), pages 1461-1469, May.
- Carranza, O. & Garcerá, G. & Figueres, E. & González, L.G., 2010. "Peak current mode control of three-phase boost rectifiers in discontinuous conduction mode for small wind power generators," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(8), pages 2728-2736, August.
- Alonso, Gustavo & Valle, Edmundo del, 2013. "Economical analysis of an alternative strategy for CO2 mitigation based on nuclear power," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 66-76.
- Cany, C. & Mansilla, C. & Mathonnière, G. & da Costa, P., 2018. "Nuclear contribution to the penetration of variable renewable energy sources in a French decarbonised power mix," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 544-555.
- Dupont, B. & De Jonghe, C. & Olmos, L. & Belmans, R., 2014. "Demand response with locational dynamic pricing to support the integration of renewables," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 344-354.
- Hu, Jing & Harmsen, Robert & Crijns-Graus, Wina & Worrell, Ernst, 2019. "Geographical optimization of variable renewable energy capacity in China using modern portfolio theory," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 253(C), pages 1-1.
- Luickx, Patrick J. & Delarue, Erik D. & D'haeseleer, William D., 2010. "Impact of large amounts of wind power on the operation of an electricity generation system: Belgian case study," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(7), pages 2019-2028, September.
- Wang, J. & Botterud, A. & Bessa, R. & Keko, H. & Carvalho, L. & Issicaba, D. & Sumaili, J. & Miranda, V., 2011. "Wind power forecasting uncertainty and unit commitment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(11), pages 4014-4023.
- Flora, Rui & Marques, António Cardoso & Fuinhas, José Alberto, 2014. "Wind power idle capacity in a panel of European countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 823-830.
- Foley, A.M. & Leahy, P.G. & Li, K. & McKeogh, E.J. & Morrison, A.P., 2015. "A long-term analysis of pumped hydro storage to firm wind power," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C), pages 638-648.
- De Giorgi, Maria Grazia & Ficarella, Antonio & Tarantino, Marco, 2011. "Error analysis of short term wind power prediction models," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(4), pages 1298-1311, April.
- Carranza, O. & Figueres, E. & Garcerá, G. & Gonzalez-Medina, R., 2013. "Analysis of the control structure of wind energy generation systems based on a permanent magnet synchronous generator," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 522-538.
- Hughes, Larry & Chaudhry, Nikhil, 2011. "The challenge of meeting Canada's greenhouse gas reduction targets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1352-1362, March.
- De Vos, Kristof & Petoussis, Andreas G. & Driesen, Johan & Belmans, Ronnie, 2013. "Revision of reserve requirements following wind power integration in island power systems," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 268-279.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lund, Peter D. & Lindgren, Juuso & Mikkola, Jani & Salpakari, Jyri, 2015. "Review of energy system flexibility measures to enable high levels of variable renewable electricity," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 785-807.
- Enevoldsen, Peter & Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2016. "Integrating power systems for remote island energy supply: Lessons from Mykines, Faroe Islands," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 642-648.
- Scorah, Hugh & Sopinka, Amy & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2012. "The economics of storage, transmission and drought: integrating variable wind power into spatially separated electricity grids," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 536-541.
- Göransson, Lisa & Goop, Joel & Unger, Thomas & Odenberger, Mikael & Johnsson, Filip, 2014. "Linkages between demand-side management and congestion in the European electricity transmission system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 860-872.
- Jun Maekawa & Koji Shimada, 2019. "A Speculative Trading Model for the Electricity Market: Based on Japan Electric Power Exchange," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(15), pages 1-15, July.
- Blarke, Morten B., 2012. "Towards an intermittency-friendly energy system: Comparing electric boilers and heat pumps in distributed cogeneration," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 349-365.
- Liu, Wen & Hu, Weihao & Lund, Henrik & Chen, Zhe, 2013. "Electric vehicles and large-scale integration of wind power – The case of Inner Mongolia in China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 445-456.
- Rao, A. Gangoli & van den Oudenalder, F.S.C. & Klein, S.A., 2019. "Natural gas displacement by wind curtailment utilization in combined-cycle power plants," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 477-491.
- Huang, Jinbo & Li, Zhigang & Wu, Q.H., 2017. "Coordinated dispatch of electric power and district heating networks: A decentralized solution using optimality condition decomposition," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 206(C), pages 1508-1522.
- Rubin, Ofir D. & Babcock, Bruce A., 2013.
"The impact of expansion of wind power capacity and pricing methods on the efficiency of deregulated electricity markets,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 676-688.
- Rubin, Ofir & Babcock, Bruce A., 2013. "The Impact of Expansion of Wind Power Capacity and Pricing Methods on the Efficiency of Deregulated Electricity Markets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 37410, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Batalla-Bejerano, Joan & Costa-Campi, Maria Teresa & Trujillo-Baute, Elisa, 2016.
"Collateral effects of liberalisation: Metering, losses, load profiles and cost settlement in Spain’s electricity system,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 421-431.
- Joan Batalla-Bejerano & Maria Teresa Costa-Campi & Elisa Trujillo-Baute, 2015. "Unexpected consequences of liberalisation: metering, losses, load profiles and cost settlement in Spain’s electricity system," Working Papers 2015/16, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Möller, Bernd, 2006. "Changing wind-power landscapes: regional assessment of visual impact on land use and population in Northern Jutland, Denmark," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 83(5), pages 477-494, May.
- Santamaría-Bonfil, G. & Reyes-Ballesteros, A. & Gershenson, C., 2016. "Wind speed forecasting for wind farms: A method based on support vector regression," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 790-809.
- Ryan Prescott & G. Cornelis van Kooten & Hui Zhu, 2007.
"The Potential for Wind Energy Meeting Electricity Needs on Vancouver Island,"
Energy & Environment, , vol. 18(6), pages 723-746, November.
- Ryan Prescott & G. Cornelis van Kooten & Hui Zhu, 2006. "The Potential for Wind Energy Meeting Electricity Needs on Vancouver Island," Working Papers 2006-04, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Prescott, Ryan & van Kooten, G. Cornelis & Zhu, Hui, 2006. "The Potential for Wind Energy Meeting Electricity Needs on Vancouver Island," Working Papers 37032, University of Victoria, Resource Economics and Policy.
- Alagoz, B. Baykant & Kaygusuz, Asim & Akcin, Murat & Alagoz, Serkan, 2013. "A closed-loop energy price controlling method for real-time energy balancing in a smart grid energy market," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 95-104.
- Lenzen, Manfred & McBain, Bonnie & Trainer, Ted & Jütte, Silke & Rey-Lescure, Olivier & Huang, Jing, 2016. "Simulating low-carbon electricity supply for Australia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 179(C), pages 553-564.
- Brinkley, Catherine, 2018. "The conundrum of combustible clean energy: Sweden's history of siting district heating smokestacks in residential areas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 526-532.
- Le, Ngoc Anh & Bhattacharyya, Subhes C., 2011. "Integration of wind power into the British system in 2020," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 5975-5983.
- Nielsen, Maria Grønnegaard & Morales, Juan Miguel & Zugno, Marco & Pedersen, Thomas Engberg & Madsen, Henrik, 2016. "Economic valuation of heat pumps and electric boilers in the Danish energy system," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 189-200.
- Krajacic, Goran & Duic, Neven & Carvalho, Maria da Graça, 2011. "How to achieve a 100% RES electricity supply for Portugal?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 508-517, February.
More about this item
KeywordsWind power Backup Operational Electricity-generation system Short run MILP;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:appene:v:85:y:2008:i:9:p:787-799. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405891/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.